Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Downloadable Ellis comic book scripts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Downloadable Ellis comic book scripts  (Read 3689 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: April 28, 2006, 08:16:37 PM

Don't know if any of the writers here at F13 have ever considered writing comics (I'd go down to the local comic shop and ask for the latest issue of "Haemish MacLennan's Cockmonkey" with pride), but for those who have contemplated it, comic book scripts are a good study aid.  Well it just so happens that none other than Warren Ellis has put three of his recent scripts up for download.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:45:29 PM

Thanks.

Friend of mine and I are working on our own universe.  Pretty much just for fun, but hey if we end up someday making money from it then that's fine with me.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 04:22:20 AM

Good stuff. There's a name in Fell that drives me nuts: Mayko. That's a terrible name.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 04:25:34 AM

How about "Meiko"? Would you like that?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 05:57:16 AM

I just switched to Meiko and saved $10.

Just don't particularly like the way the name flows. It sounds like a company name. "Mayco." Bleh.

Maybe.....Miko. Miko would be better.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 09:25:05 AM

A shrine maiden? Everytime I hear "miko" I think of Miyaka from Fushigi Yuugi, so my eyes glaze over while my mind tries to purge itself.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 07:56:18 AM

Don't know if any of the writers here at F13 have ever considered writing comics (I'd go down to the local comic shop and ask for the latest issue of "Haemish MacLennan's Cockmonkey" with pride)...

I actually have a few issues of an attempt at self-publishing comics from many years back. I'm considering whether to put them on Game Angst as scans or trying to adapt them to Machinima.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 04:32:20 PM

I actually have a few issues of an attempt at self-publishing comics from many years back. I'm considering whether to put them on Game Angst as scans or trying to adapt them to Machinima.

You might want to just hold onto them if you think writing comics is ever something you might want to persue again in the future.  Having some self-published comics to take to conventions is usually one of the best ways to get your foot in the door if you want to find a publisher to work for.  I don't know if having putting your work up for free on the Internet would lessen their interest (I assume it would depend on if they're interested in republishing those issues in larger numbers).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 08:16:02 AM

That would of course depend on if I want to write THOSE comics in the future. I certainly won't be drawing my own comics much anymore. I lack the patience. But the stories could be good in movie form. I'd love to write comics one day, I just don't know if I'd want to write these stories as comics or what.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 08:31:00 AM

That would of course depend on if I want to write THOSE comics in the future. I certainly won't be drawing my own comics much anymore. I lack the patience. But the stories could be good in movie form. I'd love to write comics one day, I just don't know if I'd want to write these stories as comics or what.

Even if you don't want to write THOSE comics anymore, it shows publishers a lot if you have finished product like that to show them.  They'll take you more seriously than someone who just has the typical 5 pages to show them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Downloadable Ellis comic book scripts  
Jump to: