Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Damn you all 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn you all  (Read 5604 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: April 13, 2006, 05:10:02 AM

Ok, against my better judgement I downloaded the Trial of the Isle to check things out.  Yeah, I know it's not a good glimpse into the game, but I wanted to see if it still made my computer puke the way Beta/ Release did.  Thus far, it's running pretty damn smooth, and I even find myself enjoying it when I  can't login to WoW. (last night after I got home, for example.)

Damnit if this game isn't starting to look fun.  I hate you all for not ceasing your discussions about it.  I'm simply grateful that I dislike the armor and weapon design in this game, or else I might consider seriously persuing it in place of Eve, which has me burnt-out for a bit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:27:08 AM

If it helps I think most here have burnt out again already...
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 07:36:31 AM

In the 20s soloing becomes impractical for most classes.  I think most f13ers fail to make the transfer to group leveling and they quit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:39:45 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 07:38:39 AM

In the 20s soloing because impractical for most classes.  I think most f13ers fail to make the transfer to group leveling and the quit.

sadly yes, I am close to that.  Made it to 28 Swashie, but all there is ahead is more grindage.  Some of it is very very fun, but when you come at it cold and see what's ahead, it's a bit of a downer.  The game is certainly much better when I joined at launch though.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:46:39 AM

In the 20s soloing becomes impractical for most classes.  I think most f13ers fail to make the transfer to group leveling and they quit.

It takes careful class selection if you're going to solo extensively. Up until about 54 by conjuror was almost as efficient soloing and doing solo quests as he was in a group. At 55 now though I'm running out of solo quests to do and solo grinding exp isn't much fun. I'll soon be turning to full time grouping.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 08:03:15 AM

My necro is 30.  Necro/Conj is a neat class.  Effective solo and in a group, because of the 2 pets.  It's a model that should be used for every class.  Give every class a solo mode and a primary group mode and a secondary group mode.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:28:41 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 08:25:28 AM

My monk seems to be fine solo.  I do have some quests that require a group, but for the most part, I can get along fine on my own in most situations.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 08:29:24 AM

My asssassin was a decent soloer. There were definitely some quests I couldn't do (labeled heroic) and dungeons require a group, but it's a decent enough game soloing.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:53 AM

sadly yes, I am close to that.  Made it to 28 Swashie, but all there is ahead is more grindage.  Some of it is very very fun, but when you come at it cold and see what's ahead, it's a bit of a downer.  The game is certainly much better when I joined at launch though.

Find a Ruins of Varsoon (in thundering steppes) group and if they are moving at the right speed you'll be at 30 within 2 hours.

Plus you'll make 5g minimum, more depending on which masters drop and if you win the roll.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:41 AM

Not saying you can't, just saying it's not as effective.  As the xp curve becomes steeper it becomes more noticeable.  Plus you are locked out of the nicer areas and good named drops.  So many quit rather than get pickup groups or slog through solo.

Soln, you are saying that you are close to quitting or that you are focusing on groups?

My asssassin was a decent soloer. There were definitely some quests I couldn't do (labeled heroic) and dungeons require a group, but it's a decent enough game soloing.

Not enough to keep you subscribed.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:04:12 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 11:40:20 AM

Most MMOG's aren't.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 01:23:53 PM

I'm thinking on taking a break from EQ2.  Although I had a blast just running around the other night and not LFG'ing.  I got through completely, or at least a few steps through, about 5-6 quests solo.  EQMap FTW.

It's funny though.  Grouping has been easier even though there seems to be way fewer people playing (in TS, Nek, Common/Ant areas). 

It's also funny-sad though -- seems a lot of the time I'm actually ready to finish a quest solo or actually find a group to finish what I friggin' need in SH, it's near worthless in XP and loot.  Ah well. 
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 01:38:41 PM

That will happen if you try and do all available quests. It is important to pick and choose the ones you want to do and then make an effort to complete them when they are still  level relevant. Unfortunately, this usually requires a group.

I have never played WoW.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 02:40:52 AM

Yeah I'm back at EQ2 and I must say, I like their improvements.  I really like how you start as your end class now, gives you much more variety of spells.  I joined a very small guild but everyone seems eager to group and grouping is fun and profitable.

Mentoring is brilliant but I wish they would add some new textures to armor, weapons etc.  The world still looks like ass, but the dungeons are decent, especially Stormhold.  Now thats what I want in an online dungeon environment.

They have taken a crap boring game and turned it around.  It may be too late for John Q. Gamer but I appreciate all the hard work they did.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 03:00:27 AM

In secret, for a while there, I was playing a Dark Elf named Starforce. No, I'm not kidding. I might reinstall this week btw as I've gotten bored with a few other games.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 08:11:58 AM

Made it to 28 Swashie, but all there is ahead is more grindage.  Some of it is very very fun, but when you come at it cold and see what's ahead, it's a bit of a downer.
I never found the grind in EQ2. There was always enough quests or places to explore to keep me levelling in the background. I was pretty amazed, and when I cancelled this time, it was with a definite feeling that I had a lot before me when I return this fall (with my 30 SK).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Damn you all  
Jump to: