Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.11 Dev Notes -- 40 person raid coming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.11 Dev Notes -- 40 person raid coming  (Read 22078 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 13, 2006, 04:37:47 PM

Christ, it's like people are so used to MMOGs not being fun for their own sake that they've forgotten what that feels like.

I think you're on drugs.  I'd say that 75% of the people that play MMO games play until it's not fun, then move on.  20% stay awhile longer cause they are attached to their characters, they start bitching on the boards about how the game isn't fun.  4.99% are/were/always will be in it for the sense of accomplishment they get from having/being uber and will stay as long as it's "the" game to be uber in.

The other 0.01% are the damned souls that end up here.

Welcome.  Please, more screaming, less babbling.
Telemediocrity
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 13, 2006, 06:47:04 PM

Christ, it's like people are so used to MMOGs not being fun for their own sake that they've forgotten what that feels like.

I think you're on drugs.  I'd say that 75% of the people that play MMO games play until it's not fun, then move on.  20% stay awhile longer cause they are attached to their characters, they start bitching on the boards about how the game isn't fun.  4.99% are/were/always will be in it for the sense of accomplishment they get from having/being uber and will stay as long as it's "the" game to be uber in.

The other 0.01% are the damned souls that end up here.

Welcome.  Please, more screaming, less babbling.

Whatever - I was talking about people here, not MMOGers in general.  Forum monkeys are a different breed.
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 13, 2006, 09:21:34 PM

I re-played Zelda 64 on the equivalent of 'hard' mode by only using the original 3 hearts the game starts with - never expanding my health bar.  By about halfway through the game, pretty much anything that could touch me would one-hit kill me, making the game more difficult and adding absolutely no reward in the process.  I still played it, because the game itself was fun.

You keep equating PSW's to single player console games.  In Zelda, (and note my avatar, I love me some Zelda) all you can do, is play Zelda.  You've got a much wider range of choice in most MMO/PSWs.  You usually do not have to do x quest to continue advancing.  If another route of advancing is available, for less hassle, most players are going to go that route.  Zelda, you have to beat Ganon to win the game.  To get to Ganon, you have to do the quests in the progression the game allows you to.

You can handicap yourself to make the game more challenging all you want, there's still ultimately only one way to play the game to completion.  Hell, I used to play the original Zelda as far as I could without taking a single heart worth of damage.  It's just a fun game.  It also helped that I was 15 and had no money, so that and Mario were really the only games I had to play.  Maybe you need some money?

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 13, 2006, 09:59:08 PM

I fucking knew it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.11 Dev Notes -- 40 person raid coming  
Jump to: