Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Untold Legends 2: The Warrior's Code (PSP) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Untold Legends 2: The Warrior's Code (PSP)  (Read 9449 times)
schild
Administrator

on: April 06, 2006, 11:28:02 PM

Everyone wants Diablo. I really want Diablo. Everyone wants to make Diablo. EVERYONE IS LOSING.

It's like a quarterly ritual for someone to take the dungeon crawler flag, run with it, and fall write off the edge of a cliff.

Also, a lot of gaming sites (and by a lot, I mean almost all of them) complained about the random dungeons in the original. So they’re gone now. Aren’t random dungeons one of the best things about this genre? Is hitting the pipe before writing a review a requirement now?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 12:04:01 AM

Also, a lot of gaming sites (and by a lot, I mean almost all of them) complained about the random dungeons in the original. So they’re gone now.
What was the problem with the random dungeons?

Aren’t random dungeons one of the best things about this genre?
Sort of. In the ASCII terminal-based ancestors trying to get to the bottom and finding some shiny object or killing something without dying was the objective and then your character was retired. The dungeons had to be randomized otherwise you could just memorize the most efficient route down to the bottom.

With Diablo I & II it was all about the loot. Getting to the end was just an opportunity to get more phat loot. And your character didn't retire afterwards -- so you just did it over and over and over and over again until your hands cramped up or the loot didn't look so shiny anymore. Randomized dungeons really only slowed you down since the boss creatures (which typically had the good loot) would be in different positions.

Also with the terminal-based ancestors combat was not something you went into lightly. In fact, often you would try to run away if you knew you couldn't handle things. Randomized dungeons made that tricky since you could very easily get yourself into more trouble if you got "lost" while looking for the stairs down (assuming your path was blocked to the stairs up). With Diablo and its clones you always want to kill stuff since otherwise you won't get all the loot so fully exploring each level was necessary if you wanted to maximize your loot which again makes randomizing less important.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 12:14:36 AM

There was no problem I saw with the random dungeons.

As for the bosses moving in Diablo 2, they really didn't. Or should I say mostl of the major loot bosses (at low level, the stuff in Travincal and at higher level, Pindleskin) were static. Blizzard had the foresight to fix that issue.

Also, Shiren, the game I mentioned in the review goes back to a LOT of combat being dicey. I died on the first level of the dungeon 3 times. On the 4th time I made it through 5 levels without dying. BUT I'M GETTING BETTER. Also, Shiren has some great loot. It really is the best of both worlds. I'd love to see an updated version (Nightmare of Druaga's movement system is odd on a controller, seems VERY PC).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 08:36:30 AM

Is hitting the pipe before writing a review a requirement now?

If by "pipe" you mean "publisher's turgid cock" then yes.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 10:38:33 AM

Everyone wants Diablo. I really want Diablo. Everyone wants to make Diablo. EVERYONE IS LOSING.
Except for the people making Diablo III Hellgate.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:37:19 PM

You know I was watching somebody play solo in DDO the other night while waiting for my SC3 opponent to get out of the bathroom and I couldn't help but think that if it was Diablo instead of DDO it would be robot jesus.

What I mean is, keep the fast clicky-fest combat, replace EVERYTHING else with Diablo stuff instead of DDO crap.

So basically, in 15 years when Diablo3 comes out and it is 3d with more shiney and more clicky and roll-dodges its going to kick ass, you heard it here 616,842,368th.

Oh and HG:L needs to put something on their actual site, like beta signups, stat and shit.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Untold Legends 2: The Warrior's Code (PSP)  
Jump to: