Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Goodbye Gipper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Gipper  (Read 5791 times)
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 07, 2004, 11:00:25 AM

RIP  He was the first president I really remember as a child as carter did not leave much of an impression on me. No political career is all good or all bad I believe he took his position seriously and did the best job he knew how to do and that is all anybody can really ask.

Am I a republican no not really do I think all his ideas were good ones no not really. That said he was a president in a difficult time and did a good job.

Given the current choices for both republicans and democrats I wish we had somebody nearly as competent as Ragen to vote for now.

Kaid
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 07, 2004, 02:06:02 PM

You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." (Ronald Reagan - October 27, 1964)

A perfect man? Hell no. One who's administration got many things wrong. But he also got many things right. Overally his legacy deserves to be in the 'positive' column, for due to his and his administrations actions, we remembered much of what we had forgotten about ourselves in the '70's. And that is no bad thing.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Goodbye Gipper  
Jump to: