Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: f13.net turns 2: Other Challenges Await. A GalCiv2 review. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13.net turns 2: Other Challenges Await. A GalCiv2 review.  (Read 39049 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 06:37:48 AM

32MB Nvidia is a good pc?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 07:05:42 AM

Hmm, maybe if you can wire 16 of them together in parallel...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 07:39:58 AM

The drivers should fix the problem oif unable to play. The game patch should fix the problem with overheating cards. 32meg video cards should not overheat, it's too old. The overheating only applied to high end cards.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 08:52:43 AM

256MB Nvidia  /flails

The drivers should fix the problem oif unable to play. The game patch should fix the problem with overheating cards. 32meg video cards should not overheat, it's too old. The overheating only applied to high end cards.

Yes, 2 week old Omegadrivers fixed the unable to play problem.  Pardon, but WTF.  My drivers were last updated for... DDO?  How recent do they have to be?    As far as patching goes, I had whatever Beta# they had listed -- and it still died.  So fails on both accounts. 

Game's just not good enough to warrant more screwing around time, not if I can turn around and play Oblivion without device error.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:56:18 AM by Soln »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 06:15:39 PM

So...you got the latest video drivers...and it fixed the problem?

And then you downloaded a beta...and you're shocked to find the beta had a problem?

I'm sorry, you failed the test. Please hand in your internet licence and stop buying computer games. Though I ssuspect that you won't be able to handle the AI anyway, so perhaps it's for the better.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 10:00:20 AM

So...you got the latest video drivers...and it fixed the problem?

And then you downloaded a beta...and you're shocked to find the beta had a problem?

I'm sorry, you failed the test. Please hand in your internet licence and stop buying computer games. Though I ssuspect that you won't be able to handle the AI anyway, so perhaps it's for the better.

The "beta" is a prod patch. It's called "beta" but it's all there is available. It's what I was recommend to fix whatever the problem is. 
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 21, 2006, 05:36:01 PM

Just a reminder - what's called GC1 originally was *released* in 1992 and had been in beta well before that.  Pretty damned good longevity.

The real question is why didn't GC2 up the bar in comparable fashion and of course the equally real answer is despite their long life Stardock is a true indie.  They had my dollars Way Back Then and they have it now.  I completely disagree with the decision to pull MP but at the same time have no problem admitting these games when played in MP are genuinely shallow.  And yet fun. :)

The only real problem with GC2 is this atavistic UI.  Ugh.  No I mean Double Ugh.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: f13.net turns 2: Other Challenges Await. A GalCiv2 review.  
Jump to: