Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Task Forces: Mostly Working 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Task Forces: Mostly Working  (Read 2221 times)
Daydreamer
Contributor

on: May 31, 2004, 03:21:24 AM

Finished the 21-25 TF (Freakshow, with a side of Nazi) today with a pickup group, and I wanted to offer a few observations:

-Mission difficulty is partially, but not completely based on the leader's level, and our multiple transfers of power to adjust it (cycling through the whole list 3 times or so) didn't cause a hitch, including a number of crashes.  Everyone was still in the TF, albeit on the bottom of the list, when they returned.  This did NOT include our leader crashing, only logging out normally, so that particular bug might still be in effect.

-XP was good for me, at 23, and great for the rest of the peeps who were at 21.  I got 5 bars (3 in 23, first 2 in 24), and most 21s got about 10 (all 21s ended at least at 22, half at 23) Both myself, leading at 23, and another leading at 22 got mainly level 23 MOBs, we didn't dare try having me lead once I hit 24 and everyone else was still 21.

-Mostly doors, with only 1 k20, 1 patrol, and 2 deliveries (I think), and even those all lead to a Door before they lead back to the contact.  All told there were roughly 10 doors, includding a few 2-3 Door missions.

-Everyone got a level 25 SO (same as the AVs unadjusted level) and one person got a 28 SO dropped by her.  The "your level +3" bit is either a rumor or bugged, or perhaps set to average level +3.

-When we lost our highest level player, our best controller, because the XP wasn't good, the next mission was flawlessly adjusted to match.

-I have a few pics of me wailing on Clamor (and the reverse), the female Freakshow AV at the end of the TF, if someone could host them or perhaps give little ole me a place to post my burgeoning collection, I owuld be much obliged.

Bloodfire - Level 24 Invuln/Fire Tanker
Current AV/M (ArchVillian or Monster) Head Count: 5 (4 Vahz, 1 Clamor)
Current Hit List: The Babbage.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 04:04:50 AM

I wish i could share your joy, but unfortunately, this is my second abortion on that TF.

I just (as in about 30 minutes ago) had the TF crash and burn when we made the mistake of Cell Phoning the Contact with probably about 2 missions left to do in the TF string.

Consider me totally pissed.

In conclusion, no matter what someone in your group/at the TF contact/passing down the street might tell you, NEVER, EVER phone your contact while on a TF.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Daydreamer
Contributor

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 04:23:00 AM

Odd.  3 different people used the phone method, not once did we see her physically once we were friendly enough with her to make the call, and it didn't crash on us.  

Perhaps we got lucky.

Immaginative Immersion Games  ... These are your role playing games, adventure games, the same escapist pleasure that we get from films and page-turner novels and schizophrenia. - David Wong at PointlessWasteOfTime.com
Zephyr
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 05:44:20 AM

I think it is a matter of luck.  I did Synapse's TF twice this weekend.  The first time through we never called in the missions and after we finished off the Clockwork Lord, we were never ambushed by Babbage.  The leader goes back to Synapse and everyone in the TF gets booted.  It was good xp, but being on the last mission in the TF and getting booted really sucked.

The second time through, we ended up calling Synapse whenever the option became available.  Again after the Clockwork Lord we were not ambushed by Babbage.  However the mission still advanced to the Clockwork King and we were able to finish the TF.  Although some people did not get a SO and some actually got two.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Task Forces: Mostly Working  
Jump to: