Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate  (Read 10213 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: March 06, 2006, 08:07:43 AM

So do we want to try Fallen Gate this week, or shall we try to plumb the depths of Stormhold again?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 08:16:42 AM

Either would work for me. In SH, I still need like a jillion more of those floor-crawling beholder wannabes, and some stuff at lower levels. But I've never been to FG either and would like to see it some year.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:00:32 AM

This has probably been answered in a thread around here somewhere, but it's monday and Im lazy.

Is that an access quests for Qeynosians for FG, or do we just have to group with a dastardly scumbag from Freeport who has access?

BTW, where exactly IS FG?

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 09:43:25 AM

I'm actually not sure if Qeynosians need an access quest or not. I didn't need an access quest for Stormhold and I'm from Freeport, so maybe you don't have one for the dungeon on the opposite side?

Fallen Gate is in the Commonlands, just south of the Nek zone through the Yapping Maze.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 09:59:22 AM

No, Fallen Gate does not have an access quest. At least it didn't a few months ago when I made my one and only trip there to pick up a rune for the Prismatic quest. Considering they've removed a number of other access quests I can't imagine that they've added one in.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 02:40:56 PM

Sign me up!  I may be a little late, but I am aching to hit up FG.  I have a gazillion quests there and want to tag the Zombie lore quest. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 05:37:54 PM

The drops in FG are fucking UNGODLY too. I've seen no less than about eight master drops in the two times I've been there, plus a badass pair of gauntlets for the heal bitch.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 07:04:23 PM

The drops in FG are fucking UNGODLY too. I've seen no less than about eight master drops in the two times I've been there, plus a badass pair of gauntlets for the heal bitch.

You are correct sir.  Last time I did a run there we had at least 4 drops, 2 within the beginning. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 07:31:46 PM

FG is the real deal, a good dangerous dungeon, act stupid there and you'll pay. Be smart and the gods will pay you. Times haven't been mentioned i can play weeknights 6 to 10 Eastern. As a healerr (lanye) caster (necro) or monk but please understand the monk sucks equipment and spells she is a mess. I am bringing up a new monk shes level 12 but that doesn't help tomorrows fg group.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 07:36:56 AM

I'll be on but probably only for 1.5 hrs and can only do SH  /weemouse
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 08:17:22 AM

Would I have to mentor down /again/? It's getting old having to do this every time, it's not like I'm some uber catass or something. What level is the dungeon, what levels are we all getting to be? I'm still 30th.

I need a ton of stuff in SH, nothing in FG.

But I'm up for almost anything, so long as there is a minimum of dicking around and it lasts longer than a half-hour. If it's not a solid night this week, it'll probably be my last participation, as I'd rather spend time with my girlfriend than the somewhat stunted attempts at guild dungeon crawls we've had. Aren't we all vets? We should be doing much better than we have been.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 08:43:25 AM

The Wednesday night groups have been coordinated by people in their high teens and low 20s. But there are at least a full-group worth of people in their high 20s and low 30s. It just comes down to who's leading the charge. Why not make a second group for EL and beyond for folks at your level?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 09:47:43 AM

I don't play games to be a politician.

You do know I solo exclusively unless I'm grouped with you guys, right?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just telling it true. Every Thursday morning my girl asks me how it went the night before, and it makes me consider if I'm having fun for long enough to justify telling her not to come over every wednesday night. Last wednesday wasn't bad, but the weeks are beginning to pile up, with little to show for it.

I guess I should level up my SK (who is 13th, iirc) to group with you guys, but that still leaves the rest of the issues. Constantly mentoring was only a small part of it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 11:23:02 AM

This is what I don't get. You could be creating a thread asking if the low 30s want to group to go somewhere tonight. So why aren't you?

It's not being a politician to see who in a guild wants to group.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 04:29:18 PM

most nights i'm on,  I'm out there trying to get a low to mid 30s group going. Everyone is welcome to join.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 07:12:03 AM

This is what I don't get. You could be creating a thread asking if the low 30s want to group to go somewhere tonight. So why aren't you?

It's not being a politician to see who in a guild wants to group.
Because I feel that someone who wants to lead an expedition has an obligation to know the dungeon well, and I don't know any of the dungeons well, because they're group content.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 07:20:24 AM

Because I feel that someone who wants to lead an expedition has an obligation to know the dungeon well, and I don't know any of the dungeons well, because they're group content.

You have an obligation not to get everyone killed repeatedly if you are saying you know the dungeon.  Be honest and say you don't know - it's ok someone else probably does and if not then everyone is aware that it's a learning experience and can make thier decision based on that.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 07:44:47 AM

I have that EQ2 Atlas which also has the KoS maps.  Unfortunately, I suck at reading maps.  Everyone would die while I tried to figure out where the hell we were.   smiley

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 09:03:28 AM

I'm 25 already, so I'm not too sure a Fallen Gate expedition is going to require mentoring down, unless you are 35 or something. That also depends on who shows, of course. And Sky, I tend to play almost exactly like you, soloing except when grouped with BC folks.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 09:20:42 AM

You have an obligation not to get everyone killed repeatedly if you are saying you know the dungeon.  Be honest and say you don't know - it's ok someone else probably does and if not then everyone is aware that it's a learning experience and can make thier decision based on that.

I almost invariably have a much better time when no one knows what the hell they are doing... unless I am grouped with tight-assed loot whores that expect to run the dungeon rather than play the game.  If the leader knows the dungeon really well, chances are I have joined a XP or loot grind expedition.  Not always bad, but almost always less fun.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 09:55:35 AM

Well, I'm on for tonight, either way :P I can bring my SK who might be a bit low for tanking (hi cheddar! ;)), he's 17th, actually. Might be 18 by guild time tonight, I'll probably play him for a bit beforehand. He does get chewed up a bit by ^^^ because of his non-l33t gear and dark elf hit points. Or I could bring Cav. So...whatever :)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 09:57:03 AM

The first trip into any given dungeon is the best, not knowing what to expect is fun.  Because it is impossible for a game to have so much content that you are always feeling like that, I stick with pvp.  Where because my enemies are actually intelligent every fight involves unexpected elements.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 03:55:22 PM

Quote from: Murgos
You have an obligation not to get everyone killed repeatedly if you are saying you know the dungeon.
Precisely. I've only ever started groups in EQ2, almost immediately promoting to leader whoever actually knows the place.

Doesn't mean I can't cause a wipe of course :)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 04:18:45 PM

For FG we need high end 20\'s at a minimum.  If there is an SH run I will most likely skip it tonight.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 04:29:12 PM

I'm personally effectively done with SH. Oh, there's still half a dozen quests I need, but I'm getting used to deleting quests I have no interest in completing. SH is not a soloable place until I'm so far beyond in level that even the rewards aren't interesting, and I've finished the writs there. If someone wants to go at some point, I'll mentor down or something, but I really have no plans on going back.

I'm ready for something new.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 07:41:45 AM

Xilren and I spent about an hour and a half in Fallen Gate last night, including 3 death wipes (or Haemishes as they should be known). Just a 29 conjuror and his poop demon and my 25 assassin. Healing would have helped a great deal. We did the marketplace and peeked in on the Pool of Perceia (?) and the smoky room, getting through 2 of the Sarge's 4 "Charge of the Lightfoot" quests. Somehow, I managed to get more achievement experience than actual experience, but even with 3 deaths eeked out about 15% exp. Xil commented that he was getting good exp. as well.

I like this dungeon.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 07:44:50 AM

Sorry I thought it was at 9pm and logged off at 9:20. Woops.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 07:45:56 AM

SH is not a soloable place until I'm so far beyond in level that even the rewards aren't interesting
Welcome to EQ2.

Now go sit in the back of the bus you dirty soloer. Enjoy your yard trash and stfu.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 07:46:06 AM

It was 9 pm... CST. Damn East Coasters.  :-D

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 08:24:35 AM

Hehe Sky.

Sorry I didn't make FG. I just didn't feel like logging in at all. I'm going to take a few days off probably, just to see what that means.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 08:26:30 AM

SH is not a soloable place until I'm so far beyond in level that even the rewards aren't interesting
Welcome to EQ2.

Now go sit in the back of the bus you dirty soloer. Enjoy your yard trash and stfu.

It gets better as you start to level and things stay green (exp giving) for longer. Class choice as usual also helps. I've managed to solo almost all content with my conjuror while the content was still rewarding (not grey) including the heroic instances in RunnyEye. As you level there are also a lot more options available.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 09:12:48 AM

It was odd playing my wizard for a bit beforehand. I was running past some encounters, thinking of taking them on...and remembering that I'm a wizard. My SK just seems a lot more billy badass. I was taking on something like 6 encounters at once at one point the other day. Granted, they were green (iirc it was 4 v, 4 vvv, 2 v, 2 v, a no arrow and a ^), but my wizard could never have dreamt it.

Also got 4 master chests with my SK by 15th level and have more gold with him at level 17 than my wizard at level 30.

It's odd, he doesn't even have great gear (none of the master chests dropped anything for him, I twinked my ranger something nice, though).
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 09:56:58 AM

Your Wiz couldn't handle that? Heck, I can solo blue groups of 2 to 6 if they're not ^^ or higher. I understand Warlocks somewhere along the way became better than Wizards at AOEing, but I'd be surprised if the vast difference happens this early (I at 25). Granted, my best AOE was better than the other two even before I made it Master II, and I liberally use my Skeleton and Gnoll Master Strikes, but still...
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 10:40:44 AM

My understanding of the difference between Warlock and Wizzy AoE was Warlocks were in group and Wizzies were out of group (PBAoE). This means Warlocks can use theirs much more often with less risk of pulling in other mobs. Wizzies have to be more selective as to when to use theirs so as to not piss off an entire zone of mobs. Wizzies also have to be closer to melee range while Warlocks can still fire off their AoE's at a distance.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 11:12:44 AM

Ah that makes sense. Two of mine (including the Master II) are encounter only, while the third is PBAOE.

I do need to stipulate that I die quite a bit. I mostly don't care though because the debt is minimal, easily paid off in one round of AOEing, and the equipment decay is nothing. I'm not aware of any other penalty, but wouldn't care anyway, unless I cause a group wipe.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate  
Jump to: