Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:28:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate  (Read 9945 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 11:25:47 AM

Maybe when I get a group root, but no, I can't fight groups much. Paper-thin and whatnot. In the mid-20s I was using my AoEs alot (^^ groups of centaurs in TS comes to mind), but they just don't seem to cut it anymore. I guess I could experiment some more, but the yellow group encounter to access Splitpaw has killed me 4 times now, I've all but given up on Splitpaw. Given what I've been able to accomplish thus far with my characters, I wouldn't think I was too shitty a player, but maybe so.

Hell, the SK would be toast without his lifetap proc. That alone makes him the most fun character I've played yet.

I can take ^^^ single greens if they are 6 levels below me, I don't think that's heroic, either.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:29:04 AM by Sky »
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 12:17:54 PM

^^^ is heroic.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 12:51:04 PM

Since they removed group exp. debt on wipeouts, I don't worry about causing group wipes either.

Really, they've finally got the death penalty just about right.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:56 PM

Maybe when I get a group root, but no, I can't fight groups much. Paper-thin and whatnot. In the mid-20s I was using my AoEs alot (^^ groups of centaurs in TS comes to mind), but they just don't seem to cut it anymore. I guess I could experiment some more, but the yellow group encounter to access Splitpaw has killed me 4 times now, I've all but given up on Splitpaw. Given what I've been able to accomplish thus far with my characters, I wouldn't think I was too shitty a player, but maybe so.
I could be in that wierd gray zone when ya get new spells and instantly upgrade them though. In the last three levels, I've gotten some obscene damage upgrades and debuffs, and have three different Damage Shields I cast on myself. I mean, I'm not walking around with an old-world Fungi or anything, but the damage and debuff outlay isn't bad.

Maybe when I'm at 30 though and haven't seen an upgrade in awhile things will be different. I hope not though. Even though the XP for Blue AOE encounters isn't much better than the (my_level)+2 stuff I can solo, it still is much more fun to kill 5 things at once. One of those things I loved about all of CoH... a game that got so much right, and just a few critical things not.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 01:09:10 PM

Since they removed group exp. debt on wipeouts, I don't worry about causing group wipes either.

Yep, after one of our deaths I remarked comparing this to EQ1 death penalty.  Hell, Haem and I actually used the "kamikaze" strategy to kill a quest mob last night.  3 unlinked mobs in a small room that we couldn't pull out without trigging surounding mobs.  So we went in and focused on the one we needed to kill knowing the other two would take us out.  Worked fine, and the quest reward more than covered the exp debt from the death.

I'd rather give things a try and die than play it safe and boring.

Fallen Gate is an interesting dungeon.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 02:02:21 PM

I agree. I'm very much of the experimental type of gameplay, something mmo hasn't been too fond of, traditionally. EQ2 is pretty good about letting me try new tactics or explore new areas without punishing me for not consulting a third party website and knowing how and where to do everything beforehand. I always hated that about EQ.
Hell, Haem and I actually used the "kamikaze" strategy to kill a quest mob last night.
Killokaze!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday, March 8th: 10 pm EST - Fallen Gate  
Jump to: