Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Alt-night? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alt-night?  (Read 2988 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 20, 2006, 12:35:35 PM

So it's Tazelbain's turn to propose DKP  evil

Just kidding. He was wondering about a night for Alts. Since this was tazel's idea, this is his ball to carry :) But I figured we could get started with a thread... because we don't have enough:
I was wondering since most of us are alt-o-holics and we have many new players joining, maybe we should have severall game nights with each one for different ranges.
Soukyan also mentioned having less time in game than he'd like so not thinking about playing an alt as much. And finally, I wouldn't mind rolling a Conjuror alt to check it out.

So, anyone interested in picking a 1-2 hour period once a week strictly to play Alts?

Again, no set agenda, no DKP, no formality at all. We're a group of sufficient size to have sub-groups of interests.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 12:40:19 PM

My two adopted alts are both in thier mid-to-high 20s already, but I'll definitely mentor if need be.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:55:36 PM

My idea isn't alt vs. mains, it's level ranges.
So, like Monday night would be teens night and we could go do something with our 13-19 chars.  Wednesday could be early 20s and Friday would be late 20s, early 30s.  Maybe at some point we can shift the nights, to reflect what people are playing.

For example.

"Me am play gods"
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:48:16 PM

I don't think this really needs to be organized, although it might help to know what characters everyone is playing.  If you log on and there are a few people in their 20's on and you have a character in that level range, than go with that character.  With the group we had going yesterday we just switched around characters as needed.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 08:15:53 AM

I knew this idea probably wouldn't work, I was just throwing it out there.
I am trying to think of a way to make things more inclusive and I don't think mentoring down is a long term solution, but having schedules isn't very inclussive either.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:29:19 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 09:53:41 AM

I agree that mentoring isn't a long term solution. It's good on a case-by-case basis, but you really want a dedicated group of people who keep themselves within a certain level range.

Some buddies from SWG play WoW this way. They play once a week as a group (some members are off playing other characters other times) ensuring they are always within groupable range of each other.

Back in EQ1, my guild had an "Alt Night" where they did the same thing.

That's not necessarily "hardcore" (after almost a year, they're only in their 30s). It's just "dedicated". It's sort of the PnP approach to MMOGs, which can work as long as people are having fun and following the rules.

The more organic approach to playing is often tied to the need for soloing :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Alt-night?  
Jump to: