Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday Night: 2/22/06: 9pm EST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wednesday Night: 2/22/06: 9pm EST  (Read 13210 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: February 16, 2006, 07:56:15 PM

Need thoughts here. If our lowest level is, say, 16 by next Wednesday, they can group up to 22. If everyone else mentors down to that, this sounds like Thundering Steppes to me. But I've never been there.

Being outdoors also helps sauced catch up.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 09:42:21 PM

Giants in TS are good for a group of low to mid twenties assuming everyones that level.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 09:56:14 PM

I'm almost 21, its double xp weekend, catching up won't be a problem.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:24:15 AM

I don't think making it to 16 by Wednesday will be a problem. I hit 15 yesterday at lunch.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 07:39:35 AM

Need thoughts here. If our lowest level is, say, 16 by next Wednesday, they can group up to 22. If everyone else mentors down to that, this sounds like Thundering Steppes to me. But I've never been there.

Spiders at the bottom of BB or Leeches at the chessboard in SH.  A steady supply of single ^^^ mobs ,in my limited experience, is quickest way to level. Of course, you need a tank who can take some hits.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:09:47 AM

Spiders at the bottom of BB or Leeches at the chessboard in SH.  A steady supply of single ^^^ mobs ,in my limited experience, is quickest way to level. Of course, you need a tank who can take some hits.

My guardian just hit 15 last night. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:12:27 AM

Two healers and a scout can tank, three healers and anyone can tank on even con or below ^^^ ups.

Stormhold is a great spot for level 20s.  There are lots of quests (including armor quests), nameds, collections, and it's a pretty nice looking dungeon.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 10:17:14 AM

Stormhold is a great spot for level 20s.  There are lots of quests (including armor quests), nameds, collections, and it's a pretty nice looking dungeon.

Other than the fact the place is crowded during primetime, I would agree.  On each of my toons, I've had to hunt Stormhold in the off hours to get the spawns I needed to complete quests (mostly because I don't like waiting in lines to hunt).  I imagine that this will be even worse with a) most people playing good characters and b) server consolidation.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 10:48:55 AM

I have a bunch of quests for Stormhold, too, but the place is usually too busy for me to bother with.  Even this morning there were people all over the place.  God, I wish they would all fall in a hole.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 11:13:23 AM

I've been wanting to do Stormhold for a while. My Guardian is also level 15, but I'll bring Cav if we do SH.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 11:21:56 AM

I've been wanting to do Stormhold for a while. My Guardian is also level 15, but I'll bring Cav if we do SH.

I could play my 25 brigand and would prefer to.  We just had so many scouts in guild that I thought we could use a tank.  We also seem to be lacking a templar/inquisitor.  Not that you need one, it just helps when you want to push things a bit.

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 11:23:45 AM

I need to do stormhold too for a couple of my toons, but they're all pushing 30 and the stuff I need to tackle may be a bit much for the rest of the crew at this point. I have a Templar as well, (the lowest of the toons at 24) if we need healing, but I suck with her.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 11:37:10 AM

I could play my 25 brigand and would prefer to.  We just had so many scouts in guild that I thought we could use a tank.  We also seem to be lacking a templar/inquisitor.  Not that you need one, it just helps when you want to push things a bit.
As I found out last night, having more then one regen healer in the group is a pain and ineffecient. I'd go through my casting animation only to be blocked by the other healer's regen.  I gave up and went to my crappy instant spells.  GRRRR.

"Me am play gods"
Xilren's Twin

Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 12:18:16 PM

Two healers and a scout can tank, three healers and anyone can tank on even con or below ^^^ ups.

I have a bunch of quests in there that are in the teens, how high does this zone go?

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 01:29:44 PM

I think it goes up to about 30-35 in the deeper areas.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 02:12:57 PM

I completely forgot about Stormhold! I'd love to go there. I have like 7 quests there, including 3 writs. How about Stormhold as our primary choice, with TS as backup if SH is too crowded?

Quote from: sauced
I'm almost 21, its double xp weekend, catching up won't be a problem.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant you catching up to use virtual-geographically if you log in after we get started :)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 08:13:03 PM

So I thought it was double xp, it's not.  The xp bonus is barely noticeable, but you can help to build the spires by either doing some tradeskills or gathering an item from mobs, you get a little statue as a reward once the expansion comes out.  I think the spires in nektulos and commonlands are still being done.

Got to see one of the dragons that spawn each time a spire is built get killed, can anyone spot the typo?

P.S. I saw better looking dragons years ago in Everquest 1.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 08:16:35 PM

Maybe Vyemm is a fatass?
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 09:38:16 PM

well the a and o keys are right together, err wait oh... nevermind rolleyes

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

I was wondering since most of us are alt-o-holics and we have many new players joining, maybe we should have several game nights with each one for different ranges.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:37:48 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 12:31:26 PM

I think that's a good idea, but just remember any alt-o-holic can pull together a group who mentors down to them. In this, EQ2 is pretty unique (in a CoH sorta way), where you don't need to have dedicated groups of players who stay within the same level bracket or else you're left behind.

So yea, new thread time. Your turn tazel! :)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 09:06:56 AM

I'll be there tonight and try this mentoring thing for myself.

"Me am play gods"
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 09:12:30 AM

I'll be there tonight and try this mentoring thing for myself.

I will be down with the sickness as well.  I mean, I will be there.  Here.   Ill be playing with you I mean.  All of you.  But not at the same time.  Unless you are in the group.

Hello Kitty

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:33 AM

So how about we meet at the the Keep of the Gnollslayer at 9pm EST then? It's directly west of Stormhold entrance, and a good middle-point between those coming in from Thundering Steppes and those coming from Steppes Station griffon.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 09:22:20 AM

Why do you always want to meet somewhere else? Seems more logical to meet at Stormhold if we're going to do Stormhold. Just my 2¢.

I'll be on tonight, if the server stays up...
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 11:56:44 AM

Because I want to hear you argue about it.  evil

Meet there or not. I only recommended Gnollslayer because the skeletons out front of SH see through invis and I'm not sure what levels are attending. It's a 15s jog, so not like it's gonna be a huge time sink to get there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 12:11:02 PM by Darniaq »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 12:57:26 PM

I'm level 19 now, and I'll try to make this tonight. I'll have to run from the Commonlands again, but tonight I may actually be able to do that beforehand unless I pass out from exhaustion.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 01:49:19 PM

Bah, I'm not arguing, just bringing up a point :) I'm no Getcha...
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 02:16:21 PM

Getcha always did me right.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 02:39:34 PM

YOU BETTER SACK UP!

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #30 on: February 22, 2006, 07:01:00 PM

Well the group was great, but server crashed without warning (well, 30 second warning was given).  I am going to play my tank a wee bit more I guess.  If the server does not stabilize soon then I may move to the RP server that SPT is currently in. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 07:04:57 PM

Waht server?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 07:06:03 PM

Excellent query.  Sending her a message now.  Guess Ill try and figure out what my AIM thingy is.

Xilren's Twin

Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 07:06:19 PM

Station says all server coming down at 7pm PST for a 2 hr update.  So, basically my playtime is shot.

Oddly, just a moment ago only Oasis and Blackburrow are actually down.

Xilren
Scheduled Downtime 2/22/2006 12:30am PST.
All servers will be coming down at 7:00 am PST on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2006 for an update.  Downtime is expected to be 2 hours.

- The SOE Operations Team

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #34 on: February 22, 2006, 07:12:05 PM

I am rolling a Shadowknight on one of the RP servers.  Not sure which one yet, working on his looks now.  Everyone is welcome to join me.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Wednesday Night: 2/22/06: 9pm EST  
Jump to: