Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Bat Country Free Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country Free Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League  (Read 11639 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: February 06, 2006, 11:35:53 AM

The Super Bowl is over and Baseball season is only two months away. I figured I'd go ahead and set us up the fantasy baseball league, using Yahoo, since the earlier you reserve a league, the better draft time you get.

League ID#: 46795
League Name: Bat Country 
Password: catass2victory 
Season Type: Full 
Draft Type: Live Draft   
Draft Time: Sat Mar 25 5:30pm CST [ Add to My Calendar ]   
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball   
Max Moves: No maximum   
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 
Trade End Date: August 6, 2006 
Waiver Time: 2 days 
Can't Cut List Provider: None 
Trade Review: League Votes 
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules 
Min Innings Pitched: 7
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow 
Start Scoring on: Week 1 
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL 
Stat Categories: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SF, SB, CS, BB, K, E, FPCT, AVG, OPS, IP, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, ER, BB, K, WP, SVOP, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/9 

That's right, we have a live draft on Sat., Mar. 25th at 5:30 pm CST (6:30 pm EST, 4:30 pm MST, and 3:30 pm PST). If that won't be a good time, let me know now because the 26th only had 8 am available, and the next weekend (April 1st) is the day before the season begins. Yes, it's head to head, unless we have an outcry against that. There are only 12 spots left, but I can open it up if we get enough to make an even number of teams, but I won't go past 16 (which will be pretty big anyway).

Also, should I shrink the roster size down? Or cut down on the number of stats? I have 15 stats for pitchers, 15 for batters.

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:34:54 AM

Nice work- I was going to post that we should get going on this soon so we could get a decent draft time. As for the stats, I think 15 each is WAY too many. If you can cut it down to 5-7 each, that would be better- something like this:

Batters
Batting Average
OBP
Slugging
HRs
RBIs
Steals

Pitchers
ERA
Strikeouts
Wins
Saves
WHIP
CG (or SHO)

As for the rosters. I would prefer to see 3 OF postions instead of one for each- it sucks when you have stellar LF, for instance, who gets hurt, and you can't find a decent LF replacement- even though there are 20 RFs and CFs who could play LF in RL if pressed that could fill in. Starting Lineup should be 9 positions and maybe a wildcard spot of some kind.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 09:38:47 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:49:42 AM

The excellent USS Mariner has a Cafe Press store now, and I must share the following for those of you who agree that Carl Everett is A) a fucking lunatic, and B) a horrible signing by the Ms-

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 11:12:02 AM

Le awesome.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 01:58:36 PM

Do you guys let newcomers into the league or are you all set for managers/owners?

If you have a spot open, I'd be up for some public humiliation.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 06:03:02 PM

Nice work- I was going to post that we should get going on this soon so we could get a decent draft time. As for the stats, I think 15 each is WAY too many. If you can cut it down to 5-7 each, that would be better- something like this:

Batters
Batting Average
OBP
Slugging
HRs
RBIs
Steals

Pitchers
ERA
Strikeouts
Wins
Saves
WHIP
CG (or SHO)

As for the rosters. I would prefer to see 3 OF postions instead of one for each- it sucks when you have stellar LF, for instance, who gets hurt, and you can't find a decent LF replacement- even though there are 20 RFs and CFs who could play LF in RL if pressed that could fill in. Starting Lineup should be 9 positions and maybe a wildcard spot of some kind.

I would also be in on this, if you allow n00bs like myself.

Par's roster is pretty standard, and probably a little easier to manage too.

Xbox live: trotski44
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:16:26 AM

Yeah, we allow anyone. The first 12 get in, then if there's vets or anyone else that wants in and we have room, we'll add them too.

I'll look at the list of categories today.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 07:22:17 AM

Cut down on the roster and stat categories.

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

So we have all 9 spots, an infield and utility spot, 5 bench positions, 3 DL, 3 starters, 2 relievers and 3 pitchers.

Stats:

R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, FPCT, AVG, OPS, W, L, CG, SHO, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

I combined OBP and SLG to keep the number of categories between pitchers and batters the same.

WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 09:22:48 AM

I didn't realize that I had made unequal stats for batters and pitchers (counting is hard!). Good call on the OPS. In- guess my team name!  tongue

trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 09:58:16 AM

I am in as well.

Thanks!

Xbox live: trotski44
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:32:02 AM

I forget how the Dancing Monkies finished last year. I'm sure it was ugly. Either way I'm back.

EDIT: I checked my fantasy profile. Neat feature. Apparently I was 2nd last year. HAHA!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:34:43 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 06:39:22 PM

The Groin Pulls are ready for another disappointing season.
WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 01:18:09 PM

Ok- most teams are in spring training now, and the trainwreck of the WBC is fast approaching. Plenty of teams left- don't be shy!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:26 AM

Only 5 teams so far? I know more people here care about fantasy baseball than that.

WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 12:40:36 PM

Wow...I can't believe the lack of interest this year. Must be all the WBC hype  tongue

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 06:41:46 AM

Maybe it's the Bonds steroids scandal. It's driving off the fans!

WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:52:59 AM

I hope they throw that giant-craniumed cocksucker out of baseball and to the wolves. It would KILL him not to pass Babe Ruth- can't have a cracker ahead of him! God he is such a fucking waste of talent and space.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 02:47:44 PM

I normally don't hope people would just die, so instead I'll just hope for some career ending ligament problem that keeps him from beating any more records.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 10:36:20 PM

I want his knees to pop so loudly, it wakes me up from a deep sleep thousands of miles away.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: March 14, 2006, 12:15:07 PM

Are we not doing a NCAA bracket?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 12:46:26 PM

Are we not doing a NCAA bracket?

Ask and you shall receive. I had just finished setting it up and was coming here to post it when I saw your post  :-D

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 01:25:18 PM

I just changed the scoring system from H2H to Rotissiere. With only 5 people in it, H2H just falls apart.

The draft is also Saturday at 5:30 pm CST (6:30 pm EST).

WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 01:33:40 PM

Come on, you deadbeats! Join up and feel the pain!

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 01:34:16 PM

I'm in if Wayabvpar calls me to remind me to log in and do the signups.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006, 03:26:57 PM

Draft starts in a few minutes.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 09:18:43 AM

Looks like autodrafting didn't do me too bad. Then again, with only 5 people in the league everyone was going to get decent players.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #26 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:07 AM

Bonds is on the waiver wire. There's plenty of good talent that wasn't drafted. I imagine we could all field all-star teams, even after the first tweaks we'll all probably do.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: March 26, 2006, 04:05:43 PM

After seeing Bonds scratched again from a spring training game due to an injury, I'm going to avoid picking the narcoleptic infertile steer that hits for power.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Bat Country Free Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League  
Jump to: