Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY  (Read 15517 times)
DevilsAdvocate
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2006, 07:45:49 PM

Yea, aggroing neutral guards needs to put a criminal debuff on you for a couple minutes or something, so you can't just run around and do as you please just cause you can FD.

EDIT: It could either make you KOS from guards, or just make you freely attackable without guard interference.

Although not as extreme as your solution, in Cenarion Hold in Silithus, the guards do an AoE slow debuff whenever someone starts pvp in the town. It hits everyone in range, whether they started the fight or not. It is really hard to get away from those guards. The effect is similar to what the Fallen Heroes do when you loot Blood of the Heroes.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 02, 2006, 11:20:58 PM

True, but that doesent in any way alleviate the fact that a hunter can whail away on you with impunity, collect up 5 or 6 guards while you run abouts helplessly, unable to fight back (cause if you do, you get guard aggro) and then feighn's death and loses all aggro.

The AoE slow thing is also griefable, for 2 reasons. 1 It effects everyone in range, regardless of who attacked first.  2 The guards Cleave, and the Cleave hits everyone in range, regardless of who started the fight.  So all some griefing warrior has to do is rack up a biunch of stamina gear, go deffensive stance, and then go attack some clothie in town.  Chances are if the clothie isnt paying attention, that 3 or 4 guards cleaving near him will kill him before it kills the warrior.

At least they threw in the Nets to catch the rogues who like to hit you and then sprint to safety.

Personally i think what they need to do is impliment some kind of "Desturber of the Peace" debuff that functions similar to a hunters mark.  You attack someone in a Neutral town, and if that gets guard aggro, the guards debuff you with Desturber of the Peace, makeing you KoS to all guards for 1 minute.  DotP also prevents stealthing, and if you feighn death, you drop aggro, but they can re aggro you imediately if standing close enough.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 09:23:52 AM

The proper way to handle the hunter griefing is to put him on a list and harass him constantly, every time you see him on.  Even assholes do something else eventually.  Gank him, camp his corpse, train him, it's all good.  Learn his guild and friends and kill them as much as possible.  Make life a living hell for him and his associates.  Don't forget to /spit.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 09:44:44 AM

The "rules" for PvP have been argued to and fro for years, and it still always come down to one core truth: you either accept other people doing stuff to you that you don't like and didn't predict happening, or you avoid PvP games/servers.

More so than in any other format, PvP+ games/servers are where players make the rules. Game balance can only go so far in class-based systems. It's a constant state of imbalance with any game that offers more than one class, partly because of the game, and partly because of player perception.

It's why I avoid them in RPG extensions. I am not interested in playing by those rules. But there's thousands (maybe millions) of others who do, so it's all good. I'd rather Blizzard continue doing what they're doing and make players decide for themselves.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 06:20:05 PM

If there were no guards or the guards did nothing I wouldn't really care. But if you're gonna have guards to protect players at certain points it's kinda shitty that 2 classes can do whatever they want when every other class generally gets wtfpwned when trying to gank in cities. It gets even shittier when you can't attack the hunter cause the guards will pwn you. Tell me a PVP solution to where they can attack you with impunity but you get NPC guards all over you if you defend yourself. There isn't one beyond getting what you need to do done ASAP and moving out of the guards where you are safe to retaliate if they should follow (funny that, you're actually safer from hunter gankers OUTSIDE of Tanaris).
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 06:42:27 PM

In WoW, the PvP solution is to have a 60 rogue or hunter alt or friends. The latter is recommended in any MMOG.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 07:44:44 PM

The point I was making is that it's currently a scewed mechanic. I don't really mind hunters being able to FD guards off them, what gets me is that once they do that you can't retaliate. UO made people flag grey, WoW needs something similar.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 03, 2006, 08:15:32 PM

I know, but there's always screwed mechanics and wankers to exploit them. That's why you need exploiting wankers that you can call on.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 02:59:38 AM

I still dont see what would be so hard about making guards in neutral cities able to see completly through stealth like it was nothing, and to not be affected by feign death.  It cant be that hard to code it in on them.

Oh, and maybe make them hit harder than Rag, with a similar knock back effect to his.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #44 on: February 06, 2006, 08:23:49 AM

I just want to say that I disagree with the calls for nerf.  As a warrior, this is the world I live in, fearing sneaky types, but it is pretty nice when you occasionally catch one with his pants down.  Not all of them know how to play.  If rogues and hunters weren't so bothersome, it would take away the challenge; also I don't want to be one of those people who whine about how some class has an unfair advantage over mine, true or not.  Yes, I avoid Gadget when I can but I am not walking to the racetrack from 10k Needles.  I fly into Gadget like a man -- er, mangina.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 11:35:48 PM

Yes, I avoid Gadget when I can but I am not walking to the racetrack from 10k Needles.  I fly into Gadget like a man -- er, mangina.
What's that racetrack about anyway ? I never found out.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 09, 2006, 08:10:26 AM

Other then having a bunch of quests and stuff there, not a whole lot.  Its more thre for entertainment value.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #47 on: February 09, 2006, 10:08:37 AM

Yes, I avoid Gadget when I can but I am not walking to the racetrack from 10k Needles.  I fly into Gadget like a man -- er, mangina.
What's that racetrack about anyway ? I never found out.

Relatively easy mithril over in the bug hole, assuming you can kill the bugs.  I was just using what I considered a more widely-known landmark.  The Flats do have some nice solo XP spots at the right level due to sparse population.  It's also a great place to get an arrow over your head.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 10:10:49 AM

They have races there between the goblin and gnome teams too. No reason or utility beyond flavour from what I can tell though.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 10:54:04 AM

They have races there between the goblin and gnome teams too. No reason or utility beyond flavour from what I can tell though.
There is a quest (possibly repeatable) from one of the Dwarves at the track that sends you into STV to try to find a way to sabotage one of the pit crews (dwarf is looking for ways to cheat while betting at the races).

Never tried the repeatable part, maybe you can repeatedly run it to make a small amount of silver per race?

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 11:04:31 AM

You can bet on them against other players who don't know the sequence, and win valuable prizes.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY  
Jump to: