Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:44:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY  (Read 15521 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: January 31, 2006, 03:22:31 PM

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147617&did=1

Here is a sneak peek type of thingy, and an interview.

Level 60 quests for new armor suits is pretty damn cool. As long as there is no rep grind for it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 03:25:57 PM

As long as there is no rep grind for it.

Wanna bet on it?  undecided

-Rasix
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 03:29:23 PM

Supposedly a good portion of the upgrades can be done in solo and 5-man groups, with a small portion requiring like a UBRS size run. I'm pretty damn casual and I've done UBRS, so this is good news for me...provided I fill out the rest of my Tier 1 set. I was kind of ignoring it since in comparison to a lot of other gear (especially Dire Maul stuff) most of the Tier 1 set is just not as good for the trouble it takes getting it.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 04:51:46 PM

Are we talking about Tier 1 as in the Cenarion, Arcanist etc sets. Or are you americans calling Shadowcraft etc. Tier 1 theese days?

Wiiiiii!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 04:59:01 PM

Are we talking about Tier 1 as in the Cenarion, Arcanist etc sets. Or are you americans calling Shadowcraft etc. Tier 1 theese days?

Tier 1 is the MC stuff.  Tier 2: Rags, Ony, BWL.  Some use the term Tier 0 for Shadowcrap and the like.  This is just common terminology, not a slam.

-Rasix
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 05:04:17 PM

Everywhere I've been the Valor/Shadowcraft/etc. set is called Tier 1, but I don't read the WoW boards.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 06:06:30 PM

Tier 1 is the MC stuff.  Tier 2: Rags, Ony, BWL.  Some use the term Tier 0 for Shadowcrap and the like.  This is just common terminology, not a slam.

Good, then things are the same as always.

Wiiiiii!
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 06:48:12 PM

Good start on the patch, but I see nowhere any Mage changes. I can hope...
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 07:13:05 PM

Good start on the patch, but I see nowhere any Mage changes. I can hope...

I really hope they make mages uber again.

Then I can finally get my shaman on.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 07:30:58 PM

This patch is the Priest patch.  Mages wont get their changes for another few patchs.  I believe in the order of things, mages are going to be the last class that is overhauled.  Warriors, Warlocks, Hunters, Druids, and Paladins have been done so far.  So it has to be within 3 patchs after this one, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 08:37:10 PM

Warriors were overhauled???

Man we're gonna suck for years.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 08:41:51 PM

Warriors don't suck. -_-
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 12:16:19 AM

Yeah... good thing I vendored all my dreadmist and valor to make space in my bank.

10000 ubrs/strat/scholo runs, here I come!!111 ... again.

BTW, the deathmist gloves look kinda meh. The hit and crit are nice, and the stats are uberrific, but where's the spell damage? Oh yeah, the 6-set bonus is going to be broken in pvp. (proccing a deathcoil with a snare? Didn't they just nerf green whelp armor?)

-- Z.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:39:12 AM

I dont think people will be afraid of a 1/50 chance of being feared per hit.  Most warriors just need to get a few swings in to to destroy a warlock.  The armor sets look very good considering you dont have to raid to get them.  This is the type of shit you people have been begging for.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 12:51:54 AM

I'm not complaining, and will probably end up getting the improved valor and improved dm (maybe even the improved sc on my rogue -- he has 8/8 SC 'cos I never ran DM enough to get better gear). Just saying that it's not strictly better than select pieces of current DM/UBRS gear. Instead of those gloves I can wear felcloth, take a hit in crit% (doesn't matter, dots can't crit) and hit% (I have the Suppression talent so it's not as useful as it could be) and gain 33 shadow damage to all spells. Still, it's a good set for PvP and such, but for PvE, you're better off with a +damage set.

Though, admittedly this is more of a problem with blizz not recognizing what people want from a warlock armor set... we want stamina, sure, but +damage > almost everything else. Also, +crit is for mages. :P

-- Z.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 06:44:51 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

wow thanks man.. that hurt I laughed so much.. I owe ya one, today was looking shitty too, you rock!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 08:08:25 AM

I have an alt of every class except Hunter.

Every class sucks except Hunter!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 08:08:35 AM

The blue sets stopped being tier 1 around the time people realized random blues where better in most slots.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 09:08:09 AM

The dragon welp stuff was a 5% chance to proc a 30 second sleep. That is just dirty the proc on the warlock armor is just a little bit dirty. It only lasts a couple seconds basically just long enough to maybe get a bit of distance and have them detarget you.

kaid
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 09:30:42 AM

wow thanks man.. that hurt I laughed so much.. I owe ya one, today was looking shitty too, you rock!

I think Paelos is protection specced, which explains some of his confusion.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 11:46:45 AM

I think Paelos is protection specced, which explains some of his confusion.

Ya in the protection tree the final ability received what many see as a small nerf.  Otherwise, the class is in pretty good shape (played protection to 40 then switched to fury to 49).

Looking forward to weather effects - I always loved weather in EQ (snow in halas; storms in butcherblock - cool).  It will add to atmosphere - actually - this excites me the  most.

Laughing as I type this - once again I recall something in EQ that I enjoyed that they never retained for EQ2.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 11:54:48 AM

Looking forward to weather effects - I always loved weather in EQ (snow in halas; storms in butcherblock - cool).  It will add to atmosphere - actually - this excites me the  most.

Laughing as I type this - once again I recall something in EQ that I enjoyed that they never retained for EQ2.

I have to admit, that a small non-cynical part of me is thinking it would be pretty damn nifty to duke it out in AB under the rain.. I just think that would be cool for some reason.. I hope that AB can have weather..

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 12:27:48 PM

That one teaser CGI video has an orc vs. human I think, and it's all stormy.

That was the first thing I thought of too Cevik.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 12:40:57 PM

* raises his hand *

Hmm.. no zone lines, does this mean it is possible to find the "edge" of a rainstorm?  How are they going to do that I wonder lol.

"  HaemishM.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 12:48:37 PM

I would really like to see phsyics added with whether.  I like how COH/V added some elements to the terrain (ICE) and it increasing the difficulty due to randomness like sliding or falling down.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 12:52:54 PM

I would really like to see phsyics added with whether.  I like how COH/V added some elements to the terrain (ICE) and it increasing the difficulty due to randomness like sliding or falling down.

That's a tall order imo - outside character creation - the physics model in CoH is the best I have ever seen in a MMORPG.  The only game to make my hands sweat while traveling lol.

"  HaemishM.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 01:20:10 PM

* raises his hand *

Hmm.. no zone lines, does this mean it is possible to find the "edge" of a rainstorm?  How are they going to do that I wonder lol.

Poorly.

OK, that was unfair.  Call me bitter.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 04:58:57 PM

That's a tall order imo - outside character creation - the physics model in CoH is the best I have ever seen in a MMORPG.  The only game to make my hands sweat while traveling lol.
EQ had slippery ice effects (e.g. Velketor's Labyrinth).
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 05:36:38 PM

EQ had slippery ice effects (e.g. Velketor's Labyrinth).

I LOVED that zone.  I would pull from the top - jump down - and let our party deal with entire train.  Grinding can be fun if the risk of death is 50/50 :)  Ya the ice effects were neat.  WoW has something similar already I think - in the dwarven zone - in one of the caves - I seem to remember sliding on ice fighting a Yeti.

"  HaemishM.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 05:38:05 PM

WoW could handle slippery ice, but true/ragdoll physics are a bit tougher.

But I agree with Fargull. CoH had some of the best pow/zam action in their physics. Flight, of course, but also the many forms and interesting results of knockbacks and falldowns. Not exactly Havok, but not only close enough, better in some ways. There are some other really cool things in CoH I wish others would pick up (customization for one, cloaks, flight, open teleporting, superjumping, for others). Alas, the game hasn't done well enough to have its ideas ripped off I guess.

Finally, I used to love what was possible in EQ1, particularly with Lev (Safe fall) and ultra-super Bard speed. With how contrived these worlds have become as they migrated more over to "games", I feel the freedoms of old that add "toyetic" value to the virtual lifestyle are getting lost.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 06:06:46 PM

My favorite part of the last question is when the interviewer whines about PvP and the dev essentially responds: "lern2 get friends nub".  Five or six years ago in the pvp trauma atmosphere, that question always would have been answered with hand-wringing supplication and promises to revamp the system to make everyone feel better. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:13:04 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 04:21:16 AM

MMMM, Physics.

Remember when they first released standalone dedicated 3d accelerator chips, and what they did to gameing?

I cant wait till more games (especially MMOGS) start takeing advantage of these babies

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 01:55:43 PM

My favorite part of the last question is when the interviewer whines about PvP and the Dev essentially responds: "lern2 get friends nub".  Five or six years ago in the pvp trauma atmosphere, that question always would have been answered with hand-wringing supplication and promises to revamp the system to make everyone feel better. 

Yeah while I haven't ever been a "omfg every game they make is perfect, they are gods!!!" fanboi of Blizzard I respect them for being the only company that would take a stance like this:

Blizz:  Camping Darkshire from the roof eh?  Can't you get up there?
Carebear:  Yeah but they are high level and they kill us while I'm trying to buy flowers from the guest giver!!!"
Blizz:  If you can get up there and kill them it can't be an exploit, l2p newb

There have been tons of instances where Blizzard has gone on record with basically saying: stop crying so fucking much about pvp, go play on a pve server and keep your flag off if you can't handle it.  I have to always respect that in them.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:32 PM

Yeah, Blizz PVP has been pretty good in what they do and do not allow as far as "blatantly uncompedative" stuff goes.  Especially on a PVP server.   Rooftop camping was only considered an exploit if the NPC guards could not retaliate against you (blizz does consider it unfair if the guards can not deffend the players.  They dont care if the players cant figure out how to get where you are)

Now, if only they would introduce a worth while solution to the Hunter-feighndeath free kill ganking in the Goblin Cities, I would be a happy camper.

Nothing like getting killed over and over and over again by some jackoff hunter who just feighns when the guards get on him, and you cant retailiate because if you do, the guards kill you, and you have no "get out of jail free" card (unless you are a rogue i suppose).

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 05:37:45 PM

Yea, aggroing neutral guards needs to put a criminal debuff on you for a couple minutes or something, so you can't just run around and do as you please just cause you can FD.

EDIT: It could either make you KOS from guards, or just make you freely attackable without guard interference.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 05:45:12 PM by Calantus »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 1.10, Epics, Casuals, Weather OH MY  
Jump to: