Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: DC's Legion of Super-Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DC's Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 2543 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: January 27, 2006, 12:18:43 PM

So I'm catching up on the new Legion of Super-Heroes series, written by Mark Waid. I used to read Legion way way back in the day, around the time of the Darkseid saga when Keith Giffen was drawing it (before his art took a more abstract Ambush Bug-gy sort of style). The Legion was a mainstay of my childhood. I'd read them even farther back, back to before Superboy left the Legion. Yes, I remember picking up issues of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes. I had lost track of the continuity since Crisis on Infinite Earths, which has apparently been a nightmare.

But since I like Mark Waid, and they were rebooting the franchise from the get go, I figured I'd give it a looksee.

If you haven't read this, you should. It's fucking brilliant. It's well-drawn, extremely well-written, witty and a great, modern take on the future without being heavy-handed or overbearing. Whether you have any nostalgia for these characters or not, you should read what is just a good series.

Yes, there is one compiliation graphic novel out now, with the second due in May.

[urlhttp://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=4433]Issues 1-6[/url] and Issues 7-13.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:32:02 AM

I'll have to check this out at some point.  I see that after Infinite Crisis this is becoming Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes, and there's a Mark Waid interview here about it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: DC's Legion of Super-Heroes  
Jump to: