Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:53:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Bleeding the Talent Dry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bleeding the Talent Dry  (Read 2593 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: January 22, 2006, 08:52:52 PM

Ok, so recently Marvel announced that Ed Brubaker is going to be taking over as writer of Uncanny X-men.  Now ordinarily l'd be all for anything that takes Claremont off the book, and of course I love Brubaker's writing.  The problem is that in addition to writing Captain America, Brubaker is also starting a run on Daredevil.  Even the most talented writers start to suffer when they have to handle writing this many books every month.

As it is, Brubaker's currently running X-men mini "Deadly Genesis" is fairly lackluster, apparently trying to latch on to an old discarded plot thread from the 90's as it's claim to fame (the identity of the 3rd Summer's brother) as well as heaping more dark secrets into Xavier's past.  I really hope his work on Captain America doesn't suffer for the sake of stuff like this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 08:02:15 AM

I can't imagine even a burned out Brubaker will do any worse with Uncanny than Claremont has done since his return, or that Milligan has done over on X-Men. The books are just being badly written with no clear cut idea of what the fuck they want to do anymore. The cutting down of the mutant population has only made it worse.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:07:21 PM

I'm not really worried about the quality of X-men.  Astonishing is about to start up again and we've got X-Factor so I really don't see myself following another X-book.  I'm afraid it will affect the quality on Captain America since it's one of the few good books Marvel is printing right now.  That and maybe I don't want to see Brubaker start down that dark road that lead Bendis to where he is now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Bleeding the Talent Dry  
Jump to: