Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting Roll Call! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting Roll Call!  (Read 10867 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: January 17, 2006, 03:58:28 PM

All,

Who is crafting and achieving decent levels in their craft?  I know Stopgap has a level 34+ provisioner, and I have a 27 armorer and a 15 outfitter (shooting for tailoring).  I just want to get an idea as to who is doing what.

Anyone working on carpenting by any chance?  I am thinking of buying a new house, and would like pretty furniture to go with it.  I may even open it up to the guild and make it a guild house thingamabob holy shit spell check fixed my spelling for thingamabob good work on the spell check Shockeye!!!.

On that note, any suggestions as to locations if I go through with my nefarious plan?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 04:05:02 PM

I have Saucy at 11 Outfitter, and am planning on going Tailoring myself.  I think VL is torn between alchemist, jewelcraft, or provisioner.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 04:06:09 PM

I want a guild house but don't understand how it works and at the rate we're going we're never going to get the goddamn levels in the guild that are necessary for the cool shit. They need to increase writ experience. It's almost not worth doing. At this point I'd rather wait for heritage quests. I'm about to start the one you get on the TS docks.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:26:18 PM

I want a guild house but don't understand how it works and at the rate we're going we're never going to get the goddamn levels in the guild that are necessary for the cool shit. They need to increase writ experience. It's almost not worth doing. At this point I'd rather wait for heritage quests. I'm about to start the one you get on the TS docks.

Heritage quests are where we will be pulling in oodles of guild XP love.  I will probably wait until around 30 to do those.

As far as I know, there is no guild housing per se.  BUT I can purchase a comfortable home and allow access to whomever I want.  I already bought some nifty crafting thingamajigs, and I do believe I can allow market access via a market board within.  Due to RL stuffs I have not had as much gaming time, so most of my time is earmarked to guild love. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 04:42:18 PM

Heritage quests are where we will be pulling in oodles of guild XP love.  I will probably wait until around 30 to do those.

Do they still have the trivial loot code in for quest items?  There are some started from drops(the wisp stone thing, I know) that start fairly low level, that you might not be able to get if they don't drop when grey.  I forget if they changed that or not.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 05:17:29 PM

Yeah I don't think there are proper guild houses but you can buy a really big house and allow the guild into it.  They are really expensive to buy and the weekly fee is also pretty big, you also burn status points I think.  You can actually walk around in them if you right click on the door and take a tour.

What we should do once some more people are around level 25-30 is form one group and smash through some heritage quests, that should rake in the status points very quickly.  We could test it out by doing the "These boots are made for walking" quest which I think is level 20.

I believe the trivial loot code only applies to chests, if the mobs are gray we won't get any chest drops but quest items aren't usually gained from chests so we should be fine.

Edit: Oh and you can see everyone's tradeskill class and level by clicking on the little dagger or eye icon in the guild members window.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 05:39:02 PM

Edit: Oh and you can see everyone's tradeskill class and level by clicking on the little dagger or eye icon in the guild members window.

We are aware of this, but it does not say wether that person is actively pursuing the activity.  Hence my query (also helps guide people to useful occupations).

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 06:05:21 PM

I'm a jeweler. But I don't know what fun it is. What do I get to make that isn't gay.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:07:35 PM

I'm a jeweler. But I don't know what fun it is. What do I get to make that isn't gay.

Don't jewelers make melee skill thingies?  If so that would be handy.  VERY handy.

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 06:09:01 PM

Someone do the research for me! I refuse to. Jeweler has no inherent value for me. :P
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 06:15:33 PM

I think, for some reason, that Alchemists make them.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:41 PM

I make boxes.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 07:13:44 PM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 10:56:29 PM

Well, not very big.  I haven't really been doing much crafting.  I gave up on bags as there didn't seem to be much call for one slot bags.  I think I can make boxes with 8 slots so far.  Sometimes.  Well, once.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 04:14:38 AM

I just bought 4 24 slot boxes.  YOWZA!!! Its damn nice to have that much space availible!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 05:59:20 AM

See?  I told you boxes were nicer than bags.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 06:01:53 AM

I am a big fan of playing with other peoples boxes when grouped but when I play by myself I prefer to use my own bag.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 07:16:06 AM

Someone do the research for me! I refuse to. Jeweler has no inherent value for me. :P

Jewelers make skill runes for all the 'scout' classes, bards, rangers, etc.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 07:20:11 AM

Blech.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 07:31:02 AM

Jewlers also make all the equipment that goes on the right side of the paperdoll...  There is lots of stuff over there that is usefull.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 07:49:01 AM

Jewelers make rings and Imbued rings are love....

You'll notice the bigger difference when you hit 30. It gets harder and harder to find good jewelry with the stats you need. Player crafted stuff tends to have 3 different stats on each piece which make it some good stuff. Add in the imbues with are I think around a +10 to a stat of your choice and they are worth having.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 11:05:27 AM

Blech.

Dude hook a brother up.  Seriously, I can send you a list.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #22 on: January 18, 2006, 06:35:22 PM

I'm still only at level 9 or 10 in tradeskills, but I've been toying with the idea of making higher-level crafting materials so people don't hafta fuck with collecting roots and pelts. I could just keep 'em in my own bank or something, I dunno. I have about 15-20 slots just holding crafting materials at this point, so I need a better system (although I will say I'm quite proud that I have a separate bag for ores, one for chemicals and one for plant materials/pelts!). If I can just have a huge stash of leathers and chloro wash and whatnot, that seems more useful than packing 5 different kinds of pelts, 6 different roots and woods and numerous types of blood to use as liquid.

Also, ftr, the last time I had points to allot I stuck them in Chemistry. I just like science irl, so it made sense. I'm prolly gonna go Sage so I can at least hold my own in a fight with my own spell upgrades. And I like sage with butternut squash ravioli. Yummy.

But to address Ched's concern, I've spent every other night since I started crafting for at least an hour or two. Is that enough? I try to complete three crafting upgrade quests in a given evening. Keep in mind that I'm still in the "auditioning for the job" part of my new job sitch, so I've been stopping at 11:00pm to ensure I get enough sleep for work. I'm not on for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: January 18, 2006, 07:04:30 PM

I'm still only at level 9 or 10 in tradeskills, but I've been toying with the idea of making higher-level crafting materials so people don't hafta fuck with collecting roots and pelts. I could just keep 'em in my own bank or something, I dunno. I have about 15-20 slots just holding crafting materials at this point, so I need a better system (although I will say I'm quite proud that I have a separate bag for ores, one for chemicals and one for plant materials/pelts!). If I can just have a huge stash of leathers and chloro wash and whatnot, that seems more useful than packing 5 different kinds of pelts, 6 different roots and woods and numerous types of blood to use as liquid.

Also, ftr, the last time I had points to allot I stuck them in Chemistry. I just like science irl, so it made sense. I'm prolly gonna go Sage so I can at least hold my own in a fight with my own spell upgrades. And I like sage with butternut squash ravioli. Yummy.

But to address Ched's concern, I've spent every other night since I started crafting for at least an hour or two. Is that enough? I try to complete three crafting upgrade quests in a given evening. Keep in mind that I'm still in the "auditioning for the job" part of my new job sitch, so I've been stopping at 11:00pm to ensure I get enough sleep for work. I'm not on for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time.

That addresses everything I was wondering.  Yes, your time investment is fine.  We are primarily casual anyhow.  If you stick to what you are doing I will send you a very special treat when you hit level 20. 

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #24 on: January 18, 2006, 07:09:05 PM

You're gonna poison me, aren't you.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #25 on: January 18, 2006, 07:13:54 PM

You're gonna poison me, aren't you.

No.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #26 on: January 18, 2006, 07:18:16 PM

well then YAAY! Treat for me. If that's not incentive, well, I just don't know what is.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 06:07:19 AM

I'll probably be a carpenter because it's so useless.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 07:08:30 AM

Just a warning... That +5 to chemistry that you took is only useful if you go alchemist. Jewelry would benefit from artificing buffs and Sage would benefit from something else that I can't remember right now. Chemistry though is the alchemist skill.

Alchemist are useful though. They make poisons and potions (potions/poisons are AWESOME later on) as well as all the fighter (tank) skills.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 07:14:15 AM

Why aren't you playing with us, UD?  It would almost be as nice as having a dev in the guild.  That Hartsman bloke ignored me when I asked him to be our Guild dev.  Dammit. 

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 07:32:31 AM

Different servers or I would....

I already have all 10 slots (all-access account gets +4 chars) filled with characters that are all at least level 40 in adventure level or tradeskill. So, it would be real hard to bring myself to delete one of them.

I'm on Grobb right now in one of the top guilds on the server that's lead by a buddy of mine from high school. My dad is also on the server along with a number of other real life friends. So, really just not possible to switch servers at this point.

If anyone was curious or has specific questions I might be able to answer the full character list is as follow:

58 Swashbuckler/60 Alchemist
34 Conjuror/ 58 Woodworker
33 Warden/ No Crafting
24 Wizard/ 43 Tailor
23 Guardian/ 59 Weaponsmith
21 Illusionist/ 60 Provisioner
13 Cleric/ 60 Jeweler
12 Predator/ 45 Carpenter
6 Priest/ 44 Sage
5 Fighter/ 60 Armorer

As of late most time has been spent on the Warden, Wizard, and finishing off the last 3 tradeskills to 59/60.
schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 07:33:33 AM

Christshit. You're a one man clan. Disgusting.

I mean all of that in the nicest way possible.

Edit: You could EASILY dump that 33 warden!
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 07:44:35 AM

Dumping the Warden would kill me. LoL... I've spent a good bit of cash on that character making sure all my heals are master level, damage spells at least at adept 3, rare armor and such.

The nice part of having all the crafters and a high level char is that money becomes no object. EQ2 has the same problem EQ1 had at the upper levels in that plat becomes meaningless since there's nothing else to buy. It leaves you a lot to throw around on alts.

All the crafting levels is a by-product of having been out of work for 2 months due to back surgery. The office chair, fully upright with a pillow for lumbar support became the most comfortable place in the house which meant clicking a lot of buttons while watching TV or reading. In all honestly though cat-assing still does not reliece the boredom of not being able to do anything physical. Not sure how people do it by choice.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 07:52:58 AM

I'm actively working at Sage, I'm mid-teens Scholar right now. All AppIV or better is kinda cool, and in my last Tour of Antonica I just worked over every electrum/turq spawn for rares for my Adepts, got two. Pretty decent at the minigame, now.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 02:13:10 PM

Level 20 Alchemist. 

If anyone can make me poison vials of appropriate quality, I'll happily gather reagents in exchange.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Crafting Roll Call!  
Jump to: