Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:20:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Why is nobody talking about this? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why is nobody talking about this?  (Read 2612 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

on: January 05, 2006, 12:09:42 PM

I'm not a big comic book fan.  I stopped buying new issues when I was 15, and other than the rare trade issue, gift, or recommendation, I don't read new comics. 

But this looks awesome. 

Superhero zombies!   Rock on!

Apparently, its set in some alternate universe from some FF issue.  Almost all of the world has been zombified/killed, along with almost all of the superheroes.  Has anyone read this?  I might have to find out where the local comic book shop is.   

Edit:  I think its called Marvel: Zombies
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 12:11:36 PM by Raging Turtle »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 12:43:03 PM

Wow. Ok, that's cool.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 03:00:18 PM

The first issue came out a couple weeks ago.  Its not bad, but its not good either.
Merely ok.  Apparently the Ultimate Fantastic Four had to stop evil zombie world versions of regular
Marvel heroes who had all become zombies from infesting other dimensions with help from Magneto.

The zombies comic starts just after the UFF have gone back to whatever the hell they are doing. 
(The UFF trades just reached volume 4, which was a whopping TWO issues of the series and the
Annual I already had.  And the whole thing was mostly long 1 shots.  Haven't felt this burned by a
collected trade since Teen Titans Volume 3: Current storyline?  NO.  Lets make most of the trade
a 2-4 year old Beast Boy miniseries instead.  Luckily volume 4 gave me THREE big story arcs to
chew on.)

Id rather not spoil it, but its mostly Magneto running from the Marvel zombies, then the zombies
spouting dialogue trying to explain the basics of what happened to them, then the Silver Surfer
flies overhead.  That's issue 1.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 04:34:32 PM

It's fairly average, with a few good scenes so far (actually the only really good scenes I've seen so far were in an online preview of issue 2).  Kirkman's work for Marvel has been pretty spotty at best.  His main zombie book "Walking Dead" is good stuff though.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 05:02:33 PM

It's fairly average, with a few good scenes so far (actually the only really good scenes I've seen so far were in an online preview of issue 2).  Kirkman's work for Marvel has been pretty spotty at best.  His main zombie book "Walking Dead" is good stuff though.

I've got the first two book-trade issue-whatever they are things for Walking Dead, and its not bad, but the artist in the second book cannot draw children.  They're all angry midgets.  Going to pick up the third at some point.

Maybe I'll wait for the trade issue thing for M:Z. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Why is nobody talking about this?  
Jump to: