Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Spidey 3 villain officially announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spidey 3 villain officially announced  (Read 4732 times)
Pineapple
Terracotta Army

on: December 17, 2005, 02:57:59 AM

http://www.marvel.com/company/showarticle.htm?id=157

Thomas Haden Church, who was most recently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in Sideways, will portray Flint Marko in the next chapter of the Spider-ManŽ adventure.

I know there was talk floating around the internet of the bad guy(s) in S3 being Venom, or Sandman, or both.

Well Sandman is confirmed officially. Not one mention of Venom in the announcement or anywhere on that page. Venom haters can rest easy.

In terms of CG, a guy like Sandman should be interesting to watch.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 04:02:46 AM

2 Things :

1 - He looks perfect, as I've said before.  I've always been happy with the Spiderman casting couch, with the possible exception of airhead Jane Watson.

2 - Topher Grace is STILL listed in IMDB as Venom.  FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 02:37:17 PM

He does look great for the part. His forehead and jaw are perfect, and he was that weathered look to him.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:01 PM

Spidey in a black costume? Gee I wonder if that means Venom is in the movie?

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 10:51:10 PM

Church can do that "slightly thick-headed thug, who isn't a bad person" that Sandman had.  Or at least what I associated with the character.  Most of my experience with Sandman was when he was marginally a good guy,  working for some secret agency?

Bah, can't remember if I'm making that up or what.  Been too long.

Fuck Venom, though.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:19 PM

Venom's costume wasn't just a black spidey costume. It's far more likely that Sam Fisher reprises his role as spider man and he has a night-ops mission in the Bronx. Or something.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:18:23 PM

Venom's costume wasn't just a black spidey costume. It's far more likely that Sam Fisher reprises his role as spider man and he has a night-ops mission in the Bronx. Or something.
Yes the look of the Secret Wars costume/symbiant in the comic books doesn't have the webbing motif on the hands, feet and head, etc. so there's still a faint shred of hope that that isn't the symbiant.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:51:42 PM

I like how the creator of this thread has been MIA since Christmas Eve.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:48:54 AM

I'm fairly sure that's just, well, a black and white still from the movie.  The costume is exactly the same....

schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 02:02:53 AM

433 days and 22 hours til release. I can safely say I'd rather see a watch for when an underage actress turns 18. Because really, IT'S TOO EARLY FOR HYPE. Or it's never too early. Or whatever. It's too early for me.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 02:08:28 AM

I'm fairly sure that's just, well, a black and white still from the movie.  The costume is exactly the same....
Except that the caption underneath the picture clearly states that he's wearing a black costume.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 04:27:48 AM

Well yes, apart from that. 

Excuse me, my browser cruelly hacked that bit off.

Well... Hmmm...I'm not sure what to make of that...I think - and don't quote me on this - that this film could contain some interesting amounts of suck.

It's going to be Venom.  And it's going to suck.

Because life hates me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 08:23:58 AM

Please God don't let it be Venom.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:18:47 AM

Sorry, you're going to get 15 minutes of the villain that you want - perfect casting choice of Sandman and some cracking fight scenes.  Then spidey is going to be thrown into some gloop by Sandman, who promptly dies/dissappears/gets eaten and then the rest of the film will revolve around Venom.

And, lo, you'll look around the cinema theatre and realise that you're surrounded by 13 year old boys tugging gently at it.

Fuck me.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 04:21:36 PM

Don't you not live in America?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 11:44:34 AM

Personally, if they do use Venomm, I hope they do it like I mentioned wayyyy back.

Sandman is the villian for the ENTIRE movie.  The symbiote is present, but this movie is used mainly to cover the backstory / explain its abilities. Venom only makes an apperarnce in the last 5 minutes or so of the movie, after spidey has had his crisis moment and fought off the Symbiotes controll.  Cue Clifhanger, setup for 4th movie, which can be all about Venom, without having to try to cram the entire backstory and satisfying conclusion into one movie.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Spidey 3 villain officially announced  
Jump to: