Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Hunted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Hunted  (Read 10473 times)
Anger
Terracotta Army

on: March 18, 2004, 06:54:09 PM

Let this serve as a warning to others!

I'm ashamed to say that I just rented and watched this entire movie.  It was about ninety minutes of pure suck.  I'm having trouble finding the words to describe how completely awful it was (and still is).  This is without a doubt, the absolute worst movie I have seen in years.  As of this moment, I can't even recollect a movie that I've thought was worse.  

It really is that bad.  It's beyond bad.  I can't think of a suitable metaphor.  It's...It's like watching nothing interspersed with some violence to make it more interesting. There is no story, no character development, no meaningful dialogue, no point to any of it actually existing.   It's the film that never was.  You think you're watching a movie, but you're not.  You're simply losing an hour and a half of your life.

It is so bad.

So bad.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:59:43 PM

Quote from: Anger

The Hunted Stuff

The Benicio Del Toro one or the Christopher Lambert one. I like the latter in a camp sorta way (and it had fucking ninjas). The first one blew chunks.
Anger
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 07:08:37 PM

The Del Toro/Tommy Lee Jones one.

Oh my god was it bad.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 07:11:00 PM

The Del Toro/Tommy Lee Jones one.

Oh my god was it bad.

I'm so sorry you had to watch it. I really should make a list of movies NOT to watch. Go rent the other one, it's brainless b-rate fun. Though, if you read into it, you will hate it also.
Grimm

Email
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 08:23:36 PM

Yeah that movie was the suck.  I think it ranks up their with the all time crap i've scene.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:24:23 PM

Quote from: Grimm
Yeah that movie was the suck.  I think it ranks up their with the all time crap i've scene.

Ever seen S.W.A.T.? (2003)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 09:51:41 PM

Quote from: schild

I recently saw that movie.  It sucked horribly, but in some mildly entertaining ways.  Maybe I was just really bored and there was nothing I could think of do at the moment.  

But yah, as a movie, it has no redeeminly qualities. The acting is bad. The cinematography was horrible.  The plot sucked.  The score was laudable.  Really, it was just a movie to cash in on Colin Farrel, kind of like all of those crappy Greg Kinnear movies in the late nineties.

On a scale of 0 to 5 stars, I'd say it gets a half a star just for not having Richard Gere, Kevin Cosner or Keanu in it.

-Rasix
Beast

Email
Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 10:14:41 PM

It really is that bad.  It's beyond bad.  I can't think of a suitable metaphor.  It's...It's like watching nothing interspersed with some violence to make it more interesting. There is no story, no character development, no meaningful dialogue, no point to any of it actually existing.   It's the film that never was.  You think you're watching a movie, but you're not.  You're simply losing an hour and a half of your life.

It is so bad.

So bad.

Ever seen Ecks vs Sever? made the Hunted seem tolerable.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 03:28:43 AM

Quote from: Rasix
Quote from: schild

I recently saw that movie.  It sucked horribly, but in some mildly entertaining ways.  Maybe I was just really bored and there was nothing I could think of do at the moment.  

But yah, as a movie, it has no redeeminly qualities. The acting is bad. The cinematography was horrible.  The plot sucked.  The score was laudable.  Really, it was just a movie to cash in on Colin Farrel, kind of like all of those crappy Greg Kinnear movies in the late nineties.

On a scale of 0 to 5 stars, I'd say it gets a half a star just for not having Richard Gere, Kevin Cosner or Keanu in it.

Worse than Bad Boys II?
Just rented that and it gave crap a whole new meaning. Smith and Lawrence are both posteuring wankers and any movie with both is destined to suck all meaning from the script (if there ever was one beyond carefully storyboarded actionsequences mixed with white pages with "plot to be added later"). The first one was okay - this was just so bad, it made my brain hurt, whenever stuff wasn't blowing up - which luckily wasn't that often.
Has Smith ever been in a good movie? ... apart from the first Men in Black which is beginning to look like a fluke.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 07:10:44 AM

If you want to see a worse movie than that go to see house of the dead or if you really hate your sanity watch dreamcatcher.

Kaid
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 07:26:27 AM

Quote from: Hanzii

Lawrence are both posteuring wankers and any movie with both is destined to suck all meaning from the script

I have to ask... if you feel this way about them then why would you ever watch the movie in the first place?

The Hunted sucked.
Snowspinner
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 08:27:16 AM

Has Smith ever been in a good movie? ... apart from the first Men in Black which is beginning to look like a fluke.

Independence Day?

I've also heard good things about Ali, though never bothered to check it out.

I will bellow like the thunder drum, invoke the storm of war
A twisting pillar spun of dust and blood up from the prairie floor
I will sweep the foe before me like a gale out on the snow
And the wind will long recount the story, reverence and glory, when I go
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 08:33:08 AM

Quote from: Snowspinner

Independence Day?

He said "Good" not "Meh". At work on July 4th they gave us the option to watch ID4 in one of the conference rooms on a nice big screen.  I ended up going back to work about halfway through.  

Really, that movie has enough magic for about 1 viewing.  Anything more and you just notice the bad acting, horribly paced plot, and things that make you say "hmmmmm" intermixed with the occasional building or airplane getting blown to hell.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 09:15:47 AM

It's a bold choice to choose work over a movie. That is the ultimate slap in the face.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 10:14:41 AM

The Hunted with Christopher Lambert is a fun damn ninja/samuari flick. Don't think too hard or it will hurt. John Lone makes a good ninja villian.

Ecks vs. Sever is quite possibly one of the shittiest fucking movies of all time. Even Michael Bay movies have more semblance of a plot than that shit. I should write up the pain that movie induced in me as a review and a warning to future generations that some things should not be tolerated.

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 10:17:10 AM

Yes, Ali. It was fucking great.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 11:32:31 AM

Quote from: Glamdring

Lawrence are both posteuring wankers and any movie with both is destined to suck all meaning from the script

I have to ask... if you feel this way about them then why would you ever watch the movie in the first place?

Fair question.
I got a free tryout subscription to a place like your Netflix - I got drawn into putting this on my wishlist because of people throwing cars and messing about with corpses. The rest of the movie made me regret it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Glamdring
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 02:23:14 PM

Quote from: Glamdring

Fair question.
I got a free tryout subscription to a place like your Netflix - I got drawn into putting this on my wishlist because of people throwing cars and messing about with corpses. The rest of the movie made me regret it.

Okay, that I can understand.  I'm going through the same pains with my current subscription to Netflix.  It's neat because I've watched several movies that I would never have rented at Blockbuster, but at the same time a lot of them really suck.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004, 02:38:28 PM

Guess im the only one who liked it. The kali/escrima fights were nicely done.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Hunted  
Jump to: