Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:52:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WOW Beta Emails Sent 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOW Beta Emails Sent  (Read 55739 times)
Sloth

Email
Reply #140 on: March 22, 2004, 11:59:21 AM

Quote from: Daeven
Quote from: Sloth
From where I sit, I think the core aspects of MMOGs are pretty much set. Grind XP, Get Loot, Some kind of endgame like PVP and/or Raiding. I don't think thats going to change. They will get refined, but essentially if you don't like XP grinding with friends or strangers and spending lots of your time online, this is not the genre for you.

If this premise is correct, then yes this genre is not for me.  Fortunately, I think UO didn't really fit this meta-archetype so I'll continue to hold out hope. Further, this genre is capable of so much more than the above that, well, what a horribly shallow and unfortunate such an eulogy it would make if your prediction proved accurate.

UO had grinding, probably more than any other game because of the repetitive clicking for everything. Although ability to macro got around actually partipating in the grind. UO had an end game too which was basically socializing and pvp. UO also was about loot, collecting, hording, and creating.
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: March 28, 2004, 01:08:27 AM

According to a Blizzard employee who made a post in this thread here, the World of Warcraft beta will last for at least another 5+ months.  I'm not sure what I'm going to be playing now in my free time for the next five months.  Perhaps I'll check out City of Heroes via the pre-order beta and see what that is like.

I suppose it's all for the best anyway.  I would like as nice a release as possible, and I'm sure Blizzard doesn't want to mess up their nice and shiny track record of smooth releases.

-Liquidator

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WOW Beta Emails Sent  
Jump to: