Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:57:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Decimation: The House of M Aftermath 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Decimation: The House of M Aftermath  (Read 2799 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: November 11, 2005, 02:14:57 PM

So I got the Decimation book and read it.

This is the book that starts the day after the end of House of M, when the "No more mutants" became a figure of speech instead of a literal command. From millions of mutants, now there are only around 200 or so? It's written by Chris Claremont and it shows. His chemistry between Cyclops and Emma Frost is awful. It has the overwordy exposition of most of his stories. Badly-used word balloons explaining things like Wolverine's healing factor. Characterization moments that feel forced. Oh and Sentinels being used to fence in Xavier's mansion. And did I mention that now even though there are less mutants, there are just about as many mutant-themed books on the shelves as there were before? Some got cancelled, sure, but they got replaced. The art is horribly uneven in this book, going from good to horribly mediocre from panel to panel.

They should call this book Cashin' In.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 08:35:58 PM

Given what they're doing to a formerly loved intellectual property, I'd say "decimation" is about right.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 06:53:58 PM

The cashin' in has only begun to start with books like Son of M, The 198, and Generation M, on the way.  This event looks like it will be even less of a "story" than House of M.  Brubaker's mini, Deadly Genesis, is the only one I'm looking forward to (and even then, only because Brubaker is writing it).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Decimation: The House of M Aftermath  
Jump to: