Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:42:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Damn Zombies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Damn Zombies  (Read 4942 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: October 21, 2005, 09:26:31 AM

The city is dying. Some months on from the first reported outbreak, military quarantine units have closed Malton's borders, and are moving in to eliminate the looters, to forcibly evacuate those civilians who still refuse to leave their homes.

The city is dying, and the urban dead are filling its streets.

http://www.urbandead.com/

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:11:35 AM

Um...have you actually played this?

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 10:37:35 AM

It's zombies!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:09:42 PM

I couldn't find anything living to eat.  Then my brain got tired.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 12:31:41 PM

Text zombies are not zombies. They are words. /sadf
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 12:47:22 PM

I do appreciate that if you play as a zombie, you only have two available actions: you can say "graaaagh" or you can bite things.  Opening doors is a little too complex.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 01:07:43 PM

Okay, I REALLY like that new zombie players spawn into the world in the place of existing dead bodies.  Kinda like those vaporware MMOGs that have claimed to introduce new player characters via childbirth to existing players, but this approach actually works.

Also gives the living a strong incentive to pile the corpses on the OTHER side of the barricades.

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 01:09:57 PM

Okay, I REALLY like that new zombie players spawn into the world in the place of existing dead bodies.  Kinda like those vaporware MMOGs that have claimed to introduce new player characters via childbirth to existing players, but this approach actually works.

Also gives the living a strong incentive to pile the corpses on the OTHER side of the barricades.

It's easy to make a game do those pie in the sky things when it's quite literally a line of code or two.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 01:16:44 PM

Still haven't seen any fetuspults.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 01:14:23 PM

I ran around as a zombie, then some lvl7 killed me. Then I ran out of action points. Meh.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 01:17:41 PM

I'm reliving the DnD adventure stories of an old friend of mine with my characters. He had such bad luck in DnD he simply started naming all of his PCs "SuperJudoMan<number>" after each one got killed. He was up to SuperJudoMan53 last I heard.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 08:02:22 PM

If you're a zombie, head to Roftwood. My old base camp, it's been overrun. I was up there yesterday just as a tourist...99 zombies in one cornor of the mall, and I'd estimated 300 or so total in the suberb. My old PD had 20 zombies outside it.

Consider about 4 weeks ago that suberb was heavily defendeded..the OT group had over a 100 people defending the PD...now it's overrun and we all bugged out weeks ago.

I've maxxed out my skills as a human, now I'm mostly acting as a tourist, looking for big zombie hoards to see in thier natularl enivorment.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 07:15:49 AM

Wow, that spellchecker is invaluable.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Damn Zombies  
Jump to: