Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: DAOC - Darkness Rising Expansion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DAOC - Darkness Rising Expansion  (Read 162354 times)
TheWall
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: December 16, 2005, 06:47:37 AM

Perhaps my thoughts on what the realm invasion server would be are different than everyone elses. Its not supposed to be something that happens every day. Taking a border keep should be the hardest thing to accomplish in the game. It should take over a hundred well organized players with a lot of siege. Its ok that the newbie lands are near by. The ability to ravage the friendly country side would be a big motivation for a lot of players to participate.

I didn't see this as something that would happen a lot. But it would provide a fun PvP distraction on occassion. Make the keep near impossible to take so that the effort justifies the reward. But make it very easy for the home realm to retake it. Or better yet don't make it capturable. Just make it so that once all the guards are killed that they will respawn within a certain time limit.

The only real problem would be gankers that log out inside the friendly lands with intent to come back and kill grays with no defense. But that can be solved by sending all players back to their bind point if they log in while the border keep is not under their realm's control.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like much of the player base thinks it would be a fun idea. And it seems like people are quitting left and right. I was going to get the game the other day but didn't bother since everyone made it sound like a ghost town with the instances and such. Its too bad really. DAOC was the most fun I ever had in a MMORPG after UO.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: DAOC - Darkness Rising Expansion  
Jump to: