Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2191860 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1435 on: August 11, 2009, 03:05:53 AM

Haven't been there yet myself, but
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/White_House

I found Operation Anchorage to be quite sub-par really, (and it also finishes the quest "you have to shoot them in the head", FYI).

SInce I play a stealth-sniper type character though, I found that Chinese Stealth Suit to be an ultimately useful bit of loot. I should do The Pitt, but I want to visit the Republic of Dave first. Kinda torn between doing all these quests while capped at Level 20 and "wasting" the xp, while waiting for the second DLC disc (fuck GFWL) to come out, with the level cap raise...

Dawn of War (first one, Marine Campaign) was the first RTS I finished since Warcraft 2. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I liked the emphasis in DoW on combat rather than having a million peons harvesting. I'm also a Warhammer geek though, so that helped.

IIRC, Broken Steel immediately raise the cap to 30 once activated. The rest of its content does not kick in until you actually finish the main quest.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1436 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:15 AM

IIRC, Broken Steel immediately raise the cap to 30 once activated. The rest of its content does not kick in until you actually finish the main quest.
Yes, it does.  A few new weapons and mobs are added into the world at large as well.

So, do the discs work with the Steam version? I might buy the second one for the new level limit.
They should.  The files need to be in the Data directory and you have to check them off on the initial loading/options screen.  All versions work the same though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1437 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:58 AM

I finally beat 'Splosion Man (bart bart bart) and now it's time for Trials HD and Shadow Complex when it comes out! This is the first time that Live Arcade games are better than what's coming out in a box, and I love it!

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1438 on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:45 PM

On chapter nine of Uncharted.  Pretty good so far, but the controls feel really loose.  Aiming and some of the platforming stuff can  be a bit of a pain.  Hope they've made some adjustments for Uncharted 2.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #1439 on: August 14, 2009, 04:34:55 PM

Civilization Revolutions on the iPhone - never played this "lite" Civ version on the console, but it's pretty slick, and I can't believe I'm actually playing Civ on my phone…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1440 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:40 PM

Raven still knows how to build a very fun shooter. Shame that they're still using the doom 3 engine.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1441 on: August 14, 2009, 05:50:16 PM

Oh, Wolfenstein?

More detail, please.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1442 on: August 14, 2009, 07:33:16 PM

Zee Germans, they don't speak german. Game's pure cheese. It's quite fun.
You also have a central city hub of sorts, and can buy weapon upgrades at the black market. Finding gold bags gives money, obv, and intel unlocks the upgrades for purchase.  They're kind enough to let you know in which dungeon each upgrade can be found.
Haven't played a lot yet.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1443 on: August 16, 2009, 01:23:31 PM

Between trying to finally finish Fallout 3, Oblivion (sigh) and pushing forward with Company of Heroes, I've recently re-installed Planescape: Torment, adding the Widescreen mod. First time I'm trying to play it again seriously after I beat it, umm...9 years ago.

The magic is back, so far  Heart awesome, for real

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1444 on: August 17, 2009, 02:53:42 AM

Finished up Uncharted, and about to start on Gears of War 2.  Also ordered Crackdown, and Mask of the Betrayer + Storm of Zehir for NWN2 for about $35 total from Newegg.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1445 on: August 17, 2009, 03:59:47 AM

Instead of playing Trials HD, I got stuck trying to tie up loose ends before doing the final quest in Fable 2. It took me this long to realize that it's actually a good idea to buy properties and rent them out, so after a 10 hour session I'm now firmly on the way to buying all those overpriced unique properties.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1446 on: August 17, 2009, 06:42:51 AM

I am still finding new things and people and places in Last Remnant.  I passed the "first villain isn't the real villain" part and currently I'm suspicious that there might be a third villain behind the "real" one, or that he's not a villain but actually a savior... whatever, I'm mostly doing side quests and exploring dungeons.

Related, you know what's nice?  When most travel is instant.  Pressing BACK to pop out to the city map, or to the World Map from there; just moving a cursor to a map point instead of tedious overworld travel.  Also save-anywhere, like when you come up an elevator and see a massive dragon.  Also no-random-enemies.  Last Remnant is underrated, I say.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1447 on: August 17, 2009, 07:14:35 AM

Playing Fallout 3 again - running the newly beta released Fook 2.0 mod. It's a full redo of all of the weapons and most of the armor in the game. The RAR for the beta was over 1GB.  ACK!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1448 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:54 AM

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Was going pretty well, first boss in Drac's castle could be one-shotted and all, and then the second comes and says "what? you've only 600 hp? Well, fuck you, my attacks hit for 108. Also, your attacks? 40dmg, tops. i'll also take over 75% of the fucking screen and rip those 108 from you every time you touch me while dodging my ridiculous attacks."

Man, this is way harder than dawn of sorrow and portrait of ruin.
-
Hm. So when you do finally manage to get that boss to half health, he enters "wut? fuck you in the neck" mode, where his attacks cause 258 dmg, and his patterns are modified, allowing the fucker to chain for 350. Why, konami, why?
-
Hrm. So when you do finally manage to kill that fucking boss, you find out that the enemies past him hit for 75-150, and take 6 hits to kill. Lovely.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:19:50 AM by Hindenburg »

schild
Administrator

Reply #1449 on: August 17, 2009, 09:44:01 AM

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Was going pretty well, first boss in Drac's castle could be one-shotted and all, and then the second comes and says "what? you've only 600 hp? Well, fuck you, my attacks hit for 108. Also, your attacks? 40dmg, tops. i'll also take over 75% of the fucking screen and rip those 108 from you every time you touch me while dodging my ridiculous attacks."

Man, this is way harder than dawn of sorrow and portrait of ruin.
I gave up trying to beat OoE.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1450 on: August 17, 2009, 09:55:16 AM

Ran through the Batman demo, nice game. Also grabbed the Arma2 demo, really wanted to like it, but I just don't have the time to dig into an opflash game these days. Also, having to follow a commander who leads the entire unit into enemy crossfire, they start getting cut down, I run and duck behind a wall and start laying down covering fire with my SAW and he yells at me for breaking formation  Ohhhhh, I see. I loved opflash, but mostly as a lone wolf, the friendly AI leaves a bit to be desired. At this rate, I guess we will never get a game with good AI.

Back to Anno 1404.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1451 on: August 17, 2009, 10:01:42 AM

Finished Fallout 3 finally.  Am still playing Oblivion....gotta say that I actually prefer it over Fallout 3.

Also, I have re-cracked open Deadspace.  I always play that game on my projector, in the dark, with the sound turned way up.  God, it is scarier than hell.  So atmospheric.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #1452 on: August 18, 2009, 01:31:03 PM

Sims 3 with AwesomeMod and Indie Stone Story Progression. I need EA to release an expansion, and fast. swamp poop

What is Awesomemod and what does it add?

/curious

At work or I would google it   ACK!
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1453 on: August 18, 2009, 01:37:26 PM

Playing Saints Row 2.  Fun game, but needs better driving dynamics.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1454 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:01 AM

Just bought Oblivion. Its fun so far, which surprised me as I basically hated Morrowind, but I'm looking at mods already as fuck the whole "the universe levels with you" thing.

Hic sunt dracones.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1455 on: August 19, 2009, 12:50:06 PM

My computer is still but partially set up. And anyway, the place we've moved into is filthy. When I play instead of scrub floors (and walls, oven, refrigerator, cabinets, shower, doorframes black from years of people touching them as they pass through...), I'm playing Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars on the GBA. It's a strange visual novel / turn-based strategy hybrid with an action minigame that you absolutely, positively want to turn right the fuck off.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #1456 on: August 19, 2009, 01:00:49 PM

I was playing Fight Night Round 4 but my wife doesn't appreciate me yelling "FUCK YOU!" at the top of my lungs at the minigames.  awesome, for real

Then we wasted some money on Rock Band, unlocked a few songs, and got the ChampO open beta, and finally messed around with the Arkham Asylum demo.

On top of all that I reupped my WoW sub. Gaming ADHD sucks. 

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1457 on: August 19, 2009, 01:12:56 PM

Damn, I'm totally in love with Company of Heroes  awesome, for real awesome, for real

We should play, I love that game. One of the best RTS games out for a while now.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1458 on: August 19, 2009, 02:44:17 PM

Shadow Complex finally came out! It's awesome and brings back fond memories of NES and C64 games. It's as if Metroid and Uncharted had a baby (cue Samus Aran/Nathan Drake fanfic).

I've also been trying to play SotS but ever since I downloaded ANY it has ctd'd every time I try to launch the game.  swamp poop
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1459 on: August 22, 2009, 09:21:37 AM

I felt a little twitchy inside when I saw that Shadow Complex is supposedly based on Orson Scott Card's supremely bad book Empire. That might actually get in the way of my ability to groove on the game, though normally I don't let story stupidities bug me too much.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1460 on: August 22, 2009, 12:32:44 PM

I'm back on Eve for some stupid fucking reason.  And some WOW PvP to try out the new patch.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1461 on: August 22, 2009, 05:04:03 PM

The Card connection of Shadow Complex does annoy me, but what annoys me more is how the game was pitched as a shameless ripoff from day 1. It's one thing to pay homage to a game, make a similar game or draw inspiration for a game, but to me it seems like they are trying to ride the coat tails of Metroid. I mean the way they introduced the games was "hey guys, we know you like games like Metroid and CV, so we made one of our own. Look, the minimap is just like in Metroid!"

Also I was extremely meh on he demo. Skip cutscene, skip cutscene, move forward one screen, skip cutscene, skip cutscene. The camera was pulled in too close as well. So all in all I have zero interest in it.

I can't remember the last time the marketing for a game was "if you like game X you'll like this, because this is our version of game X." Not that explicitly anyway.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1462 on: August 22, 2009, 06:19:54 PM

Playing Fallout 3 again - running the newly beta released Fook 2.0 mod. It's a full redo of all of the weapons and most of the armor in the game. The RAR for the beta was over 1GB.  ACK!

Linky please? Then again, despite enjoying F3 an awful lot, I'm not sure if I'll ever have the energy to play through the game again..

This weekend I did some grinding for HP in Earth Defence Force 2012 (or as we call it here, The Ant Game)
Also played a bunch of Far Cry 2 yesterday for the first time in months. I might force myself to finish that review of it that I started a long time ago. I really don't think the game's going to get significantly different enough to make a difference to a review, short of a big twist which would be a spoiler anyway if the game pulls some form of M Night Shalyaman.

Haven't played Blood Bowl this week. I was giving it a game (or half a game) per night.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1463 on: August 22, 2009, 06:22:38 PM

EDF is awesome. AKA "the reason I turned on my XBox."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1464 on: August 24, 2009, 01:37:21 AM

Finally wrapped up Gears of War 2 earlier.  Starting on Mask of the Betrayer tomorrow.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1465 on: August 24, 2009, 07:32:54 AM

Switching XBoxes got me to dive back into some titles I hadn't messed with for a while. Playing Fable II again, I never got all that far into the first time I tried, and I sort of liked the first one. The first 30 minutes of play are really very annoying: why do I have to do *anything* interactive during what is effectively a cutscene in the beginning bit? It's not like it's teaching me much about actual gameplay except for killing the bugs/breaking the crates. As soon as I got to Bowerstone, I decided to see if I could quickly get engaged, since I want to do some evil stuff this time right from the outset. Having an entire crowd of aristocrats cluster around me while I tried to sex up one aristocrat woman was really irritating. Oh well, I'll keep a-going. Probably play Mass Effect through again too. I'd gotten part of the way through with a "bad" Shepard, didn't really like it, since the "bad" is mostly just "colossal dickishness" as is often the case in Bioware stuff.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1466 on: August 24, 2009, 07:57:18 AM

I don't know if anyone else has tried it yet, but the Lost Planet 2 co-op demo is awesome.  Besides that, more Mount and Blade and Red Faction:  Guerrilla

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1467 on: August 24, 2009, 08:35:11 AM

Shadow Complex and WoW.  Might BiiF SC. 

-Rasix
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1468 on: August 24, 2009, 10:52:21 AM

Almost done Arckham Asylum and the on to Shadow Complex and the games of September.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1469 on: August 24, 2009, 01:25:18 PM

Still playing Call of Duty: World at War. Its just such a polished multiplayer FPS; the guns feel just right, nearly organic. I love me my M1 Garand with a scope and the sweet sweet sound of my .357's cylinder at reload. I've gotten remarkably good at this game over time. Mostly its about learning the choke points.

Aaaaanyways, found something both sad and hysterical. Turns out they have 'leveling servers', where you log in as the 'helper team', say the Russian side, and just stand at a fixed spawn pit while the german players mow you down repeatedly. After 250 deaths, you get to log in as a german and shoot stationary russian soldiers. All this in service of leveling up your toon for weapon unlocks. Its like a fireing squad FPS! Its sorta sick.

I would for the most part be outraged at such horrible sploits, but since neither valve nor infinity ward nor whoever do not keep a saved copy of your profile, and often wipe the one on your local machine by accident, its understandable that folks don't want to grind up again. I've taken just to backing up my own profile to somewhere else on my machine every now and again.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: