Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173354 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #1295 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:59 AM

Majora's Mask.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1296 on: July 06, 2009, 11:42:22 AM

I seem to have lost interest in everything! 

I should go hang out on a Luddite website.   swamp poop

Buy a car or install Android on a netbook, then retry.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1297 on: July 06, 2009, 11:47:47 AM

I should go hang out on a Luddite website.   swamp poop

I've got you covered.

http://boardgamegeek.com/

http://www.enworld.org/

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1298 on: July 06, 2009, 11:56:47 AM

It seems the so called US version of Ghostbusters I bought  is actually a German version. So I have to hope I can send it back and they return my money.

Was it all the hilarious accents and German speaking that gave it away?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1299 on: July 06, 2009, 12:02:26 PM

No hilarious accents or German speaking. Only the written text is in German, the actual speech is english with German subtitles.
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #1300 on: July 06, 2009, 03:51:21 PM

Im playing NWN2 with all the new campaigns.

Never played before. Still trying to make it through the main storyline right now.

Playing a CG elf sorcerer going for dragon disciple at lvl 10.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1301 on: July 07, 2009, 03:29:28 AM

Finally, I have Tiger Woods 10 to play on the old 360, but for some reason I can't bring myself to even unwrap the box.

Your hesitation might stem from the fact that not playing Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii is a big mistake.  It's your subconscious mind telling you to return the box to the store, and procure the Wii version with Motion Plus without delay, because surely that's what you meant to do all along.

Unless of course you don't have a Wii, in which case you can carry on about your business.

Alas, I have no Wii.

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1302 on: July 07, 2009, 08:33:39 AM

DSCC, still.  I'm wondering whether if I should even bother buying more games this year.  I seem to pick them up and immediately set them aside to play more Crawl.

Blazblue is looking fun, I just haven't had the time to play it yet.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1303 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:44 AM

Jumped into Age of Conan thanks to Nebu pointing out the $13 price at amazon. Also still working through Drakensang.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1304 on: July 09, 2009, 12:48:58 AM

I'm playing KOTOR. I seem to be on a sf/fantasy bender recently... must be a response to all the literary theory I've been reading.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1305 on: July 09, 2009, 12:58:58 AM

Redownloaded Age of Conan for the free 14 days Return offer.

But Tales of Monkey Island 1 arrived at the same day and I'll have to play that through first. Seems like I have to do it in one sitting, since my Savegame from yesterday is somehow gone.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1306 on: July 09, 2009, 05:18:04 AM

I'm playing KOTOR. I seem to be on a sf/fantasy bender recently... must be a response to all the literary theory I've been reading.

do play dark side.  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1307 on: July 09, 2009, 11:34:46 AM

Age of Conan
Last Remnant

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1308 on: July 09, 2009, 12:40:41 PM

I played BlazBlue all day yesterday.  I like it way more than SF4 which surprised the hell out of me.  I got pretty good at flying around and kicking ass with Rachel last night.  She is perhaps my favorite character in a fighting game.  I'm unsure whether I'll even pick up KoF now, I like BlazBlue that much.  Red Faction, Demon's Soul's, BlazBlue...  been one hell of a year so far.  I like those 3 games better than anything released last year.  My PSN is Happy_Hedonist if you want to throw down.

I finally found something to play other than DSCC.  Woohooo!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1309 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:42 PM

Do you mean DCSS?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1310 on: July 09, 2009, 01:25:53 PM

I'm surprised BlazBlue doesn't have it's own thread yet.  Where are HAMMER FRENZY and Margalis when you need them?  Heartbreak  We demand answers!   why so serious?
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1311 on: July 09, 2009, 04:40:43 PM

Do you mean DCSS?

Indeed.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1312 on: July 09, 2009, 07:05:26 PM

Call of Juarez 2 is pretty good. I hated the rail roading in some parts but presentation and graphics albeit not the best I've seen, is overall great. I missed a few headshots and blew off their hats instead, how cool is that? My complaint: Too short. Fuckin Ubi wants to charge DLCs for 2 single player maps and 1 multi player.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1313 on: July 12, 2009, 05:43:52 PM

So I'm shooting the shit with my dad and brother earlier tonight when this particular scene of this particular movie happens to come up.

Dad: Yeah, Tom emailed me a picture of that scene. Except "Fuck you, I'm busy!" was the caption for some reason.

(Tom is dad's sixty year old friend who hasn't played a video game in 25 years but who passes along every odd joke/pic/video he gets.)

Me: Er, caption or speech balloon?

Dad: Oh yeah, speech balloon.

Me: Uh yeah, I made that picture.

It was a completely fucking weird "whoa small internet" moment. I have no idea why it's even floating around out there. It's not really that funny, and devoid of context it's nonsense. But it was sufficiently odd that I felt like posting about it.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1314 on: July 12, 2009, 06:39:10 PM

Picked up HAWX and Bionic Commando for the PS3 today.  Gamestop had them for $20 each. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1315 on: July 13, 2009, 01:19:51 AM

Metal Gear Solid 4, PS3
Klonoa, Wii
Mercury Meltdown, Wii
Overlord II, PS3

I noticed that Overlord II is somewhat like Overlord I, except largely improved in most ways.  I have no complaints so far.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1316 on: July 13, 2009, 03:02:36 AM

Age of Conan needed longer to patch than I got actual playtime out of it...

Still playing Tales of Monkey Island, along with a dedicated drive to play all Fall From Heaven Scenarios finally.

And Toki Tori on my Iphone.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1317 on: July 13, 2009, 05:39:05 AM

Lumines...

I bought BF1943, but I suck.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #1318 on: July 13, 2009, 06:53:03 AM

Age of Conan. I have a full roster of toons I am leveling and one of them is  in the guild! It goes like this I am playing my Demo and realise that it would be so much more fun on my necro. Then I realise that there is no challenge the necro can own any level approate boss. So I get on my guardian. Then because I can not even scratch anything I will go to a priest. Then I know the Demo could kill faster. Rinse and repeat. But hay it keeps me out of the mall I guess.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1319 on: July 13, 2009, 10:02:03 AM

Back to AoC. Playing my Dark Templar. Got her from 33 to 38 this weekend, mostly doing Aquilonia quests (already did most if not all of the starter Cimmeria quests). I'm not sure I am 100% about the changes to the DT. On the one hand, it seems a simpler class to play, but at the same time, its also a bit duller.Still need to figure out a good PVE talent build for her.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1320 on: July 13, 2009, 11:33:06 AM

LotRO Summer Festival activities.  Also tried to do some of Volume 1 Book 3, but maaaaaaaannn... fuck that.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1321 on: July 13, 2009, 11:43:18 AM

-Tales of Monkey Island.
-UFC 2009.  Got a hall of fame character on my second retired fighter (boxing/bjj).  All it took was a 36-0 record (35 KOs, 1 dec) and a lot of KO/fight of the night trophies.  Not one sub victory, they're really too hard to pull off.  Patch is supposed to fix that.
-Some WoW, but at most I manage a fishing daily per session.  (Logistical reasons with the newborn)

-Rasix
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1322 on: July 14, 2009, 12:32:53 PM

Picked up Persona 4 today.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1323 on: July 14, 2009, 12:40:40 PM

Anno 1404 has gripped me by my nuts.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1324 on: July 14, 2009, 02:26:38 PM

I finally made it through Wesnoth's main campaign.  I am now Wesnoth'ed out.  Between it and 3-4 of the other easy campaigns I am quite set with my neo Dark Wizard needs for a while.

Even though I have dozens of other un or barely played games I decided to support the little guy and drop a 20 on Midnight Mansion, a Mac only homage to Montezuma's Revenge.  Except with a level editor, in game map, save game locations, suspend feature, and difficulty levels.

Its fun.  But medium is too tough for me.  I spent 30+ minutes doing a massive section of one of the castles, and had almost made it through to what I hoped would be a save point which also gives you maximum normal lives. (More lives can be gained by score for collecting treasures.) 

Then I died like 2 screens away. 

Fuck it, Ill play it on Easy.  You win this round small independent Mac game developer..   Shaking fist

But really, if you have a Mac and liked the old Montezuma's Revenge with its evil evil mazes full of keys and icky things trying to keep you from keys and loot yall should give it a shot.

Plus there are fan made levels for even more stuff.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1325 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:19 PM

CoD5 multiplayer is still going strong (my 360 CoD4 instincts still pwn noobs!), but there's a new contender: Condemned 2: the Real Bum Killing Simulator! It's iiiiiiiiiicky, but I'm a sucker for the occult storyline so that'll be -10 hours of CoD5 this month. Also downloaded the South Central map expansion for Midnight Club LA, but haven't got around to trying it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1326 on: July 17, 2009, 08:03:22 AM

SMT: Devil Survivor [DS] - SMT + grid tactics. Difficult combat, not disappointed.
LotRO [PC] - 1.75 levels away from mount, working hard to get the Summer Festival mount.
Overlord II [PS3] - I remember when I was a young minion... oh, the things I put on my head!
Last Remnant [360] - I don't know why no one likes this.

Wife: Pikmin 2 [GC] - Better than Pikmin.
Boy: Mercury Meltdown [Wii] - Better than Kororinpa.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1327 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:52 AM

LOTRO [PC]
Civilization Revolution [PS3]
Battlefield 1943 [PS3]

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1328 on: July 17, 2009, 08:24:33 AM

I enjoyed it for a good while but the repetitiveness of fighting trash mobs got to me right when I hit a cockblock bossfight (nest of eagles) and I gave up on it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1329 on: July 17, 2009, 08:35:15 AM

I enjoyed it for a good while but the repetitiveness of fighting trash mobs got to me right when I hit a cockblock bossfight (nest of eagles) and I gave up on it.

Alright, I lied.  I know why people don't like it: it's very combat-centric.  I am a very combat-centric guy, so I like it.  Before I even got to Elysion, I had run around in Blacksomething caves long enough to get my chain up to over 300 and thus have a rank of over 30.  The only real trouble for me with the fighting is that I don't know if something will eat me alive until I engage it for the first time.  I may not finish this one, just fight a lot of stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: