Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172843 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #980 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:54 AM

An AOE would be great, not sure I can make a Storm Rod but I will look into it.  Also my Magic is level 3 so...  awesome, for real maybe I should look into a nice two-handed sword.  Really I was hoping at some point I could make a Poison Ring like what is in the first Rune Factory, but I don't have a recipe for that so far.

I made a storm rod even before Kanno gave me the fire rod. Your magic xp will go up real fast when you start using a rod.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #981 on: April 24, 2009, 10:27:41 AM

I've been using a rod since I was thirteen and still I can only cast one spell with it.

Or do you mean Rune Factory?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: April 25, 2009, 10:17:44 AM

Been playing and replaying the new Red Faction demo - I urge anyone with Live to check this out. The destruction is really fun and satisfying, and the gunplay is decent too.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:49 AM

Finished the original Gears.  Liked it plenty, but 2 was superior.  I turned on Fallout 3 and played it for 10 minutes, so maybe that's what I'll do next.  Also picked up Dead Space on the cheap, so mayhap that'll be next.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #984 on: April 27, 2009, 06:19:38 AM

I've been using a rod since I was thirteen and still I can only cast one spell with it.
Can I has this for a forum signature, plix?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: April 27, 2009, 07:07:19 AM

I picked up Killzone 2 for the weekend and was severely disappointed.  I ended up playing Resistance 2 Co-op. 

Still going strong with DSCC.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #986 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:26 AM

Can I has this for a forum signature, plix?

Information wants to be free, yo.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: May 08, 2009, 02:28:49 AM

DL'ed Stone Soup yesterday. Pretty fun even tho I suck incredibly.

My current champion is a level 2 Spriggan Warper  ACK!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #988 on: May 08, 2009, 02:31:00 AM

If I get some free time in the next few days, I'll start playing through The Pitt and Broken Steel in Fallout 3.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: May 08, 2009, 02:39:09 AM

Terrence killed me as soon as I reached level 3 but not after using his fucking Flail of Draining to reduce me to level 2...
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: May 08, 2009, 04:20:24 AM

Plants vs Zombies and Kings Bounty. Kings Bounty seems to be a RPG that has a superficial resemblance with the HoMM series. No Empire building and no overarching AI enemies. Just solving quests and killing enemies on the stratetic maps with troops you buy in cities and buildings. The overland map is realtime, which doesn't matter because all enemies have fixed positions or roam around a small area.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #991 on: May 08, 2009, 05:00:06 AM

Terrence killed me as soon as I reached level 3 but not after using his fucking Flail of Draining to reduce me to level 2...

You got off easy.  Terrence got me with a Flail of Ragequit.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #992 on: May 08, 2009, 05:09:41 AM

Dungeon Hack via DosBox on my MacBook and Oblivion GOTY edition on my PC. Dungeon Hack actually surprised me with a tileset I'd never seen before.

[img=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4080/picture22zzr.th.png]

Makes me wonder just how many different sets there are in this game.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: May 08, 2009, 05:19:21 AM

Dungeon Hack? The Eye of the Beholder Single Character clone with random dungeons from SSI?
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #994 on: May 08, 2009, 05:27:21 AM

Dungeon Hack? The Eye of the Beholder Single Character clone with random dungeons from SSI?

Yup. I love that game. Great little diversion when I get spare time.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #995 on: May 08, 2009, 10:28:48 AM

Anyone else hit a major boredom wall with LOTRO?  I'm thinking about dropping both this and Eve for a while.  Eve is a cool setting, but training skills seems to be about all I have time to do anymore.  MMOs are becoming a major drag.

Otherwise, Demon's souls and sometimes the Riddick game have been interesting.  I can't really get into GOW4 and have Resident Evil 5 at the house and haven't even cracked the seal yet. 

I've been playing Be a King on my Mac some when there is downtime at work.  It sucks, but whatever.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:00 AM

MMOs are becoming a major drag.
You sir, might be cured! awesome, for real

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: May 08, 2009, 10:59:46 AM

Talk of demigod has me playing dota again. Why play with eight heroes when I can have 93.

I would kill for some sort of ranking system to pair similarly skilled players and discourage quitting.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:32 AM

Been playing the 2005 version of Pirates! after snagging it off Steam for 10 dollars.  The original was one of my all time favorite games when I was young, so I was a little wary of tarnishing my nostalgic memories with this one.  But nope, I'm having a blast with it.  Plundering the Spanish Treasure Fleet and sailing up the Spanish Main sacking cities is as fun as ever.

I can see it becoming repetitive and old before too very long, but that's ok; I've definitely gotten my money's worth,
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: May 08, 2009, 11:29:48 AM

Talk of demigod has me playing dota again. Why play with eight heroes when I can have 93.

I would kill for some sort of ranking system to pair similarly skilled players and discourage quitting.

Try something else like Garena or finding a clan, much better games.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1000 on: May 08, 2009, 01:22:19 PM

Anyone else hit a major boredom wall with LOTRO?  I'm thinking about dropping both this and Eve for a while.  Eve is a cool setting, but training skills seems to be about all I have time to do anymore.  MMOs are becoming a major drag.

I went for a while there with nothing once I got bored with WoW (that didn't take long).  There was a good break before I got into EVE, which I still consider to be a break since it's not like anything else.  Later I got the 3d-fantasy-diku itch and purchased LotRO last August.  So far I'm not bored but I figure it's inevitable.  Oddly this attitude seems to be making it more fun somehow even though it's just a polished form of what I've been playing for years.  I'll get sick of it at some point, though, and go back to some other genre/subgenre that I have been ignoring, like the Western PC RPG or FPS.  Until then, I'm not worrying about it.

FPS... ha!

I have been playing entirely too much Star Ocean.  I have to admit that The Last Hope is better than Til the End of Time, but it still has some of the same irritating elements.  Also: Jesus Christ, is this game Japanese.  The politeness makes me want to bite the head off of a chicken.  A chibi chicken.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: May 09, 2009, 06:01:40 PM

I'm finally getting around to Dead Rising. Man, this game is strange, there is a lot of stuff to do but because of the timing and the save system you can't actually do any of it. I already boned myself by saving in a bad spot and I don't have time to run into any stores and check things out. It seems really weird to create a game that is so open then structure it so that the openess can't be taken advantage of.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1002 on: May 09, 2009, 06:23:06 PM

Don't feel afraid to restart or playthrough the game without doing everything.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: May 09, 2009, 06:46:41 PM

Yup. I love that game. Great little diversion when I get spare time.

I love that game too.  I played it a bit a few weeks ago and it's still fun as hell.

I've been playing Wizardry 8 and SF4 mostly.  I still suck at SF4... blah!

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1004 on: May 09, 2009, 10:02:33 PM

I'm finally getting around to Dead Rising. Man, this game is strange, there is a lot of stuff to do but because of the timing and the save system you can't actually do any of it. I already boned myself by saving in a bad spot and I don't have time to run into any stores and check things out. It seems really weird to create a game that is so open then structure it so that the openess can't be taken advantage of.

This is why I'm stuck as well. The prospect of multiple restarts and the painful-as-hell "hope you found the good guns" first major event, ugh. Not so much. I guess once you've levelled enough, anything should be easier.

Someday I'll tackle this one again, but there are so many games that I have that I need to play.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: May 09, 2009, 10:08:42 PM

Playing CoH a bit, got my plant/trick arrow controller and spines/dark scrapper. User made missions are hit or miss, but even a mediocre one is better than playing a dev mission for the 100th time. I filled up my three mission publishing spots pretty quickly, but now I'm stuck for ideas.

Demon's Souls is fun, with some occasional frustrations, so far.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: May 10, 2009, 02:12:17 AM

I've been playing the Star Trek game on the PSP.
Its like a dumbed down Starfleet Command, only its hard as hell and has that "If you do well the game gets easier if you do bad it becomes a never ending spiral since you suck" design flaw.

Its pretty fun outside of being hard though.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1007 on: May 10, 2009, 05:10:32 PM

Been playing a lot of random Steam stuff since, ya know...I CAN NOW with the new PC.

Finally got around to trying Dawn of War II, having never played the first. It's really good. REALLY GOOD.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1008 on: May 10, 2009, 08:02:27 PM

Picked WC3 off of Blizzard's store since I was bored and remembered how bad I am at RTS games. I have no idea how people pull off getting like 10 basic attack units and a hero raping all of the monsters on the map less than a half a minute into the game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: May 11, 2009, 01:43:18 AM

Finally got around to trying Dawn of War II, having never played the first. It's really good. REALLY GOOD.

Should try the first one out it is much better. There are several mods that make the game MUCH better. There is a grey knights mod that is superior in every way compared to relics work. Can get it off steam real cheap.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1010 on: May 11, 2009, 04:15:47 PM

Picked WC3 off of Blizzard's store since I was bored and remembered how bad I am at RTS games. I have no idea how people pull off getting like 10 basic attack units and a hero raping all of the monsters on the map less than a half a minute into the game.

This is why I stopped playing public RTS matches. Downside is that my games tend to take a Very Long Time.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1011 on: May 11, 2009, 04:24:37 PM

Should try the first one out it is much better. There are several mods that make the game MUCH better. There is a grey knights mod that is superior in every way compared to relics work. Can get it off steam real cheap.

They're very very different games, and I wouldn't go so far as to say someone who loves DoW2 would like DoW better. The first game is essentially a standard RTS.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:49 PM

Finally slogging through the long ass series and endurance races that make up the 'endgame' of Forza 2(!).  Honestly, while I love the game and appreciate the option to spend 45 minutes in a single race driving a virtual car for virtual money to buy more virtual cars, I'd also appreciate the option to make those races shorter.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1013 on: May 11, 2009, 07:40:12 PM

TF2, usually 1-3 maps per night.  My pyro has improved greatly (I was sucking w/ conc blast so the backburner is a plus) but I still can't do anything pro with Scout or Heavy.  I'm looking forward to unlocking the ubersaw, but I've never achievement boxed and I don't care that much.

I caved and bought L4D, I refuse to play versus but I've had fun with campaigns when people don't suck.  I played one with Cal and these two guys that was really awesome, like we had extra health packs awesome.  Haven't gone for expert yet, just advanced.  I've also played a bit of survival, nothing major though but its changed my campaign playstyle considerably.  I'm now a auto-shotty player who uses pistols pretty much 90% of the time and I often get to the next ammo pile with 80+ shells, which makes me feel good, I can typically get 0 damage taken and good damage given to the tank, unless I decide its not worth the risk and just run once its on fire.

Back playing Rumble Fighter for a third time, the new generation of scrolls are fun (Judo, Capoeriea, Combat Sambo, Dragon, Vale Tudo, new Boxing styles, Drunken Master) and the 1v1 game has been improved greatly by the addition of a new ground getup move.  I have to say I'm not sure I would play it so much if I hadn't ragequit and broke two ps3 controllers playing SF4.  Fucking fighting games.  I think its good though, if I can master RF, which would require slowing the game down in my mind and learning to see the situation before you act it should help me when/if I go back to SF4.

On the RPG front I got to the final boss of Persona3 and he owned me with Charm, after I had taken out at least 8 of the stages which was weak, I really feel like I've played that game enough so I dunno when I'll work up the will to go through that fight again.  I've also got a fun playthrough of FFXII (I lost a 40hrs /played save right after it first came out and never picked it back up) that when I start it again will most likely get hooks in me and I occasionally power my way through a dungeon or 3 in one of the .hack games because my lil brother is intent on beating all of them and we just started a new one so its at the early who cares part of the story/gameplay.

I've also got Bioshock to finish, but the difficulty is so trivial that its boring as hell and the fights are all the same doubt I'll ever pick it back up esp since I hear the endings are underwhelming.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1014 on: May 12, 2009, 06:54:01 AM

When I was a kid I used to keep a broken controller around to throw when I got pissed, so I wouldn't keep breaking controllers. Then I grew up and learned to not get angry at games :)

EQ2 lapsed for the summer, spent last night learning the top of Jessica.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: