Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173525 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #945 on: April 13, 2009, 08:44:21 AM

Iirc, blue dragons + plate classes =  ACK!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: April 13, 2009, 09:08:39 AM

Playing a bit of Mass Effect on the 360, as it is yet another game I'd never gotten around too.  My Shepard is a bad ass bisexual solider type.  I had her assassinate Wrex, and now I feel bad about it.

Also playing a bit of LOTRO.  If it manages to keep me around long enough, I might try to hook up with some of you F13 types.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: April 13, 2009, 09:26:24 AM

Been playing Empire Total War a bit
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:08 AM

I'm hitting Mass Effect on the PC. Late to the party, as usual.
And spending the rest of gaming time on HGL and WoW. I'm sadf.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #949 on: April 13, 2009, 11:42:11 AM

Playing a bit of Mass Effect on the 360, as it is yet another game I'd never gotten around too.  My Shepard is a bad ass bisexual solider type.  I had her assassinate Wrex, and now I feel bad about it.

Well, now you have a reason to play over again because Wrex has some of the best lines in the game.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: April 13, 2009, 11:53:14 AM

I played too much Aion over the weeknd.  It goes live tomorrow or Wednesday.  I'm not spending money to play the chinese version so I'm in a holding pattern.

I don't know what I'll play after this week.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #951 on: April 15, 2009, 07:46:03 AM

Well, now you have a reason to play over again because Wrex has some of the best lines in the game.

I just finished it, but I doubt I'll ever play it again.  Pretty good game, but I don't really want to do all that random planet hopping all over again.  They better do something about that with the sequel.

Next up:  Gears 1.  After finding out that I loved number two in spite of myself, I now have to play the original.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: April 15, 2009, 08:16:40 AM

Finally grabbed SF4 so a bit of that on top of even more Mount and Blade now that I've finished Drakensang.  Oddly, I also started Mass Effect again, but my heart's just not in it, even though my 360 is dead silent while playing it now.

Still jump back into Saints' Row 2 co-op with my brother now and again when we want to do something mindless, since we've finished the story (twice in my case).

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #953 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:01 AM

Demon's Souls
LotRO
Rune Factory Frontier

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: April 15, 2009, 10:45:45 AM

I'm still playing Stone Soup.  I can't stop even though I have Demon's Souls sitting there half finished. 

Hopefully soon I'll be checking out The Dark Spire as well.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: April 15, 2009, 02:56:04 PM

Finally finished Mass Effect. I'm now obsessed with NHL 09, yet another great game I missed out on thanks to my WoW addiction. I may try Stone Soup at some point but between ME and my tabletop Star Wars and D&D games I might be a little ding-grats'ed out.  swamp poop

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:13 PM

I finished GoW 2 yesterday (late ACK!) and I spent some hours getting achievements today.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #957 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:30 AM

LotRO
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Rune Factory Frontier

Almost fired up Demon's Souls last night, but fuck I'm tired.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: April 20, 2009, 07:06:00 AM

I guess once per page I should mention EQ2. Though I'll probably set it aside next month for the summer months.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11:37 AM

Finished Far Cry 2 today (late  awesome, for real) and I didn't hate myself for it! I will not be collecting achievements in this game...
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: April 20, 2009, 11:30:01 AM

Im almost done with Death Knights of Krynn!  I just entered Soth's keep of Sothiness.
I skipped a couple optional missions mainly because even my retro loving ass can only take so much fucking EGA at one time.  I'm sure it looked nice on a 12" monitor, but taking up a fairly decent percentage of a 1900 x 1220 24" its not so nice.  At least the combat and exploration bits anyhow.  The actual few and far between pictures in the window are generally nice though.

On the DSi its Dragon Quest 5.  My iPod Touch is a mixture of Galaxy on Fire and some hex based quasi Advance Wars styled game I got for a whopping dollar last week.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:16 AM

I'm sure it looked nice on a 12" monitor, but taking up a fairly decent percentage of a 1900 x 1220 24" its not so nice.
For a while a couple years ago I was doing c64 emu on my 61" hdtv, it was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see. ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #962 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:51 AM

I'm sure it looked nice on a 12" monitor, but taking up a fairly decent percentage of a 1900 x 1220 24" its not so nice.
For a while a couple years ago I was doing c64 emu on my 61" hdtv, it was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see. ACK!

You, sir, have a mental problem. Ohhhhh, I see.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: April 20, 2009, 10:34:08 PM

Mount and Blade: Eagle and the Radiant Cross.

I'm nothing if not easily influenced by these boards.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: April 21, 2009, 01:20:53 AM

Mount and Blade: Eagle and the Radiant Cross.

I'm nothing if not easily influenced by these boards.
That's because we have such impeccable taste around these parts of the Interweb.

I'm playing Mount & Blade too. Native Expansion, in fact, and I'm getting curbstomped. It hurts in a pleasurable way.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #965 on: April 21, 2009, 11:30:04 AM

Actually taking a break from LotRO. Mainly because I'm crunching at work and don't have the mental wherewithal to play through Lothlorien and remember any of it the next day.

Instead I've been blowing shit up in DoW. Returned to my Dark Crusade campaign and knocked off Chaos and the Imperial Guard in the space of two turns. Still have a few to go. I played some Soulstorm skirmishes. I wanted to see how the "air" units worked, but one way or the other, none of the games have lasted long enough. Fighting Dark Eldar with the Tau is an exercise in pointless frustration. They can seize my control points and shoot up my units while staying cloaked. My units can only mill about and die. Nice balance there.

Played through the DoW2 demo and ultimately got the game on Steam sale. Mainly because I think it's worth the cost at 25% off, but not at full price.

There are some things I find interesting:

• No base building. I don't play RTS to bake bread, I play them to crush.
  • Branching campaign. Choose where you can focus your attention for the day.
  • Heroes with RPG level-up and equipment.

Others I find baffling:

• Double jeopardy in the campaign. If you succeed at one branch, you can play the other branch as well. If you lose you can't. Your penalty for losing one mission is effectively to auto-fail a second mission.
  • Based on when you get them, every piece of equipment you get is clearly intended for a specific character. There's not actually much choice in loadout.

Some that are just plain bad design:

• The single-player campaign is auto-save only. You can't manually save your progress.
  • Single-player skirmishes are unintuitively placed under a menu option labeled "Multiplayer."

I was surprised to notice that the squad leader level up UI is a note-for-note duplication of Mass Effect's. I guess I'm not the only one who liked Preston's design.

Overall I think it's the framework for an awesome game, though not the awesome game itself. When DoW2 get its own equivalent to Dark Crusade, it will be awesome.

One thing that's angered me about recent Relic titles is their insistence that I must sign up for some shitty live service that I'll never use before I can play the game in single-player mode. Company of Heroes wouldn't let me access the main menu unless I signed up with Relic's online matching service. DoW2 won't let you save your single-player campaign progress unless you create a Games For Windows Live account.

Look, I don't want to use your fucking matching services, and I don't give two shits about multiplayer or e-peen achievements. If these games were solely for multiplayer, why did you give them single-player campaigns? Stop ramming this useless garbage down my throat.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: April 21, 2009, 12:28:42 PM

I completed Death Knights yesterday.  Fuck the last battle right up its ass.  6 Death Knights plus Lord Soth who is also a Death Knight plus a bunch of Iron Golems.
The enemy is 75% immune to magic of any sort, the Knights all cause fear, and throw on average 70 point Fireballs at my party.
Even at minimum difficulty level I was just getting murdered.  I had to cast Protection from Fire spells on the whole party, and multiple Prayer, Bless, and Protection from Evil 10' spells to win.
And no matter what I did?  Dark Queen refused to acknowledge my savegame into it.  Meaning all my lovely +3 and +4 items and my mage's pile of wands all gone.  On the upside remaking the team gives me a 2-4 level lower starting party, yet everyone has 30-50% more HP.  My knight went from 105 or so to 144.  And everyone has nice +2 items so its not horrible. 
(Given that my first fight in the game is yet again a gaggle of dragons all doing 1-3 hit instakills with lightning breath I think I need the HP boost.  WTF was SSI's scenario designers thinking?)

Dark Queen's graphics are a bit better, but it seems to have mostly decided I am playing the game with a mouse and removed cursor control from me.  I can still numeric keypad move and attack and such, but I have spent a good month playing the previous 2 titles with keypad and the odd letter key.  Its jarring. 

And now?  No combat picture customizing!  Not even colors!  Sure the new little avatars are prettier than the EGA/C64 sprites, but its a half step forward and a full step back.

I think i might just take a break from Gold Box for a while.  Magic Engine works fine on my iMac and even acknowledges that I have an optical disk drive.  I may give the filthy greedy french bastard his 20 bucks and give some TG CD titles a run.  I would have to pay 8 bucks or so just to play Ys 1-2 on Wii VC.  Why not pay 20 and have my entire TG CD collection?

I can then play: Vasteel, Might and Magic 3, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Prince of Persia, Exile, It Came from the Desert, Gate of Thunder/Bomberman/Bonk's Adventure/Bonk's Revenge, Godzilla, Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest, Final Zone 2, Lords of Thunder, SimEarth, Sherlock Holmes, Monster Lair, and Valis 2. 

Outside of Order of the Griffon, Keith Courage and Parasol Stars I would then have legal access to every TG game I own without actually having to have the system hooked up.  (I think.  I've rebought most of the HuCard library I own on Wii VC already.  I think Ninja Spirits is the only one I haven't.  IIRC it is on VC though.)

I'm thinking that's what I will do and either play some Dungeon Master or Might and Magic 3.

26 titles for the Turbo.  20 bucks gives me access to 16 of them, and I have most of the others (at 5-6 a pop sadly) on the Wii.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #967 on: April 21, 2009, 04:40:45 PM

Fighting Dark Eldar with the Tau is an exercise in pointless frustration. They can seize my control points and shoot up my units while staying cloaked. My units can only mill about and die. Nice balance there.

Jump your vespids (they're detector units) to whichever control point needs defending early on; once you can build pathfinders they're detector units as well and you'll usually want some of them around to act as spotters for your fire warriors and skyrays anyway.

The ethereal is a spotter but I wouldn't use him to guard any points other than home base for the most part since losing him sucks.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #968 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:42 AM

Jump your vespids (they're detector units)

Vespids! *facepalm*

I learned from the original campaign that scouts spot. When Tau scouts couldn't, I thought Pathfinders were the only option.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #969 on: April 22, 2009, 09:46:59 AM

Hey, I have a lot of paragraphs about my gaming too.  Well, it's about Rune Factory Frontier so maybe I'll just skip it.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #970 on: April 22, 2009, 01:55:41 PM

Still playing Demon's Souls. Working on 3 characters at once. I am going to pick up the CoH trial tonight I think and give it a few days.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: April 23, 2009, 10:57:58 AM

Been wasting time I should be spending on finals at Kongregate.

Thinking about getting demigod, sounds rather broken right now tho...

Schild: Any chance for us getting a sub forum, or more likely just a designated thread for flash games, besides useless distractions?

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #972 on: April 23, 2009, 10:59:25 AM

Hey, I have a lot of paragraphs about my gaming too.  Well, it's about Rune Factory Frontier so maybe I'll just skip it.

Have you gotten out of the Green Ruins yet? I'm almost done with the Lava ones.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #973 on: April 23, 2009, 11:26:58 AM

Schild: Any chance for us getting a sub forum, or more likely just a designated thread for flash games, besides useless distractions?

Is that really necessary?
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: April 23, 2009, 11:38:07 AM

No.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #975 on: April 24, 2009, 05:52:46 AM

Have you gotten out of the Green Ruins yet? I'm almost done with the Lava ones.

No, and if you read noisegrid.com then you might know that. awesome, for real  What happened is that I thought I had to have Kross build a kitchen onto my house before I could purchase the kitchen shit from Lisp or Lint or Lilt or whoever, so I am somewhat behind in the crafting department.  I got as far into the Green Ruins as to tame a couple of chickens and took a break because the poison wasps were kicking my ass; naturally this is because I have shitty off-the-shelf gear and not enough antidote.

Taking a break from dungeoning, that is.  Back at the farm it turned summer and I planted some corn and tomatoes.  I had also tamed too many monsters and planted more feed... then a storm came in and fucked over my field.  Fortunately the corn and tomatoes were barely touched but I lost too many feed squares and had to plant more.  With the aim of earning cash to buy books so I can make shit, and to add badly-needed storage, the storm was a bit of an irritant.  Hell, it's like the 18th of summer and I have only just now cleared enough stumps from the untilled half of my field to let me gather the random grasses.  Fortunately I have a piyo that clears rocks for me, he's awesome and I'd love to have him eat some rocks in Green Ruins for me that I can't clear with my iron hammer.

Also last night I noticed that the Runey population around the map has taken a huge dive.  Things are fine on my homestead but there are some places where it is looking like a Runey holocaust took place.  I'm wondering if I need to really worry about them since they are a pain in the ass but the manual says if the Runeys die, all plants in the area will wither.  This would put a serious crimp in my moneymaking plans, so I was schlepping runeys around and pretending I knew how to arrange them.

I took an afternoon to gather oranges, turn them into orange jam and sell that off, which helped buy a yarn maker simply so I could make a nice hat for myself.  I bought all of the books from Selphie just recently and next up I NEED to buy the two storage areas from Lint that will come to a 20k bill, so I'm glaring at my corn and tomato fields until they produce something salable.  Looking back, I would like to have planted some onions so I could make ketchup, but those seeds were too pricey at the time.  Now that I have a seedmaker, though, I'm looking forward to giving Erik the bird.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #976 on: April 24, 2009, 09:23:50 AM

The seedmaker is one of the best things to purchase early, imo. You can keep turning around turnips by using those plots right at the entrance of the Green Ruins.

The bees fucked me in the ass a few times too, but if you can get the book that lets you craft magic weapons, you can craft a Storm Rod from pretty basic materials. It's powerful (area effect ftw) and doesn't suck up too much RP.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #977 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:01 AM

The bees fucked me in the ass a few times too
ACK!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: April 24, 2009, 09:46:36 AM

I just noticed that is the face the masturbating trademarked duck is making.  ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #979 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:42 AM

The bees fucked me in the ass a few times too, but if you can get the book that lets you craft magic weapons, you can craft a Storm Rod from pretty basic materials. It's powerful (area effect ftw) and doesn't suck up too much RP.

An AOE would be great, not sure I can make a Storm Rod but I will look into it.  Also my Magic is level 3 so...  awesome, for real maybe I should look into a nice two-handed sword.  Really I was hoping at some point I could make a Poison Ring like what is in the first Rune Factory, but I don't have a recipe for that so far.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: