Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173011 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: March 12, 2009, 07:48:38 AM

I've been holding out against Gears 2 for the longest time, because I hate console shooters (generally speaking) and actually put down Gears 1 after about five minutes and took it back to the store.  Workmate loaned me his copy of 2, and after several weeks, I finally cracked it open.  Needless to say, it's fucking awesome and I'm a douche for not playing it before.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #876 on: March 12, 2009, 09:21:34 AM

I made it about as far in Gears 1 on the 360. I've had my dad's 360 since January and all I've really played was a little Dead Rising and a whole lot of Madden 08. He's back in a couple weeks, so that's about it for me.

Forgot to mention another reason I declined to get SR2: no lock-on targeting? Blah, I like to use a controller for everything but sniping sequences, or stuff like the chase scene in GTA:SA where you're shooting off the back of Smoke's bike. But controller during foot sequences ONLY works with lock-on.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: March 16, 2009, 04:44:44 AM

Picked up Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment last night.  Only got in about an 45 minutes of play, so can't really comment on it too much other than it's still damn pretty to  fly around with a stomp stack and crush planetary fleets.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #878 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:41 AM

Picked up Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment last night. 

Did they remember to put a campaign in the expansion pack?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
schild
Administrator

Reply #879 on: March 16, 2009, 05:48:07 AM

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: March 16, 2009, 10:23:19 AM

Going for total domination in Mount and Blade after being inspired by the recent thread.

Levelling my Gear in Lotro while trying to finish all solo quests outside of Moria. And there are far more than I thought. Loving the Overpower stance more than I thought. Kill rate is really fast with my Guardian compared to previously.

Trying to muster the energy to play GTA4 again. I'd really like to, but I'm not a couch gamer i seems. The Xbox hasn't been powered on for months...
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: March 16, 2009, 08:00:59 PM

Playing wait for the UPS guy to drop off GTA4.

My fiancee has discovered the word dongle, I'm impressed by how juvenile she's been with it!

On vacation this week, mostly enjoying the weather and getting some minor projects crossed off the list. Getting in a little EQ2 time, still. Ease of t7 harvesting is leading to a craftarding burst.

And thanks, schild. Your new thing sounds cool, but I'm all curmudgeony.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #882 on: March 17, 2009, 12:42:40 AM

Forgot to mention another reason I declined to get SR2: no lock-on targeting? Blah, I like to use a controller for everything but sniping sequences, or stuff like the chase scene in GTA:SA where you're shooting off the back of Smoke's bike. But controller during foot sequences ONLY works with lock-on.

Negatory. Shitty lock-on was the single biggest reason I couldn't handle GTA3/VC/SA on the console and had to play on PC instead. Controller-aim actually made SR1/2 playable.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: March 17, 2009, 06:33:20 AM

As I said, for some precision sequences, I was extremely glad to have the mouse. But for 95% of run-n-gun, I was happy to have the lock-on and cycle through targets mmo-style. I find the gunplay in most title is where it falls down.

Stuff like Mirror's Edge or Uncharted just seem like they'd be better games without the violence.
schild
Administrator

Reply #884 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:41 AM

Stuff like Mirror's Edge or Uncharted just seem like they'd be better games without the violence.

Uncharted? No. It's a Indiana Jones clone, violence is just one ingredient. Mirror's Edge? Absolutely.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: March 17, 2009, 09:52:45 AM

Dominions 3

Game sucks the life out of me… …had avoided it for nearly a year, but discovered a lot of patch(s) goodness…

Patch v3.23 released today…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #886 on: March 17, 2009, 09:55:20 AM

For Uncharted, I think less gunplay would have been better and perhaps some more melee opportunities or conspicuously placed props could have helped.  Total removal, no.   

Playing WoW and Mad World right now. I feel like a jerk for not finishing Persona 4 and Valkayria Chronicles.  I just tend to lose focus lately on really long games.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #887 on: March 17, 2009, 09:56:31 AM

Playing WoW

I just tend to lose focus lately on really long games.

**Parsing Error. Reconstructing brain goo.**
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #888 on: March 17, 2009, 10:08:04 AM

Yah, I knew you'd jump on that.  I should have added "single player" games, because I have way too much patience with games that have no defined ending and involve other people.

WoW will be downscaled soon. Fallout from the drama bomb. 

-Rasix
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: March 17, 2009, 10:13:49 AM

Playing WoW

I just tend to lose focus lately on really long games.

**Parsing Error. Reconstructing brain goo.**

Nah, I can relate. WoW is a huge neverending treadmill but you push the button and get the more or less instant gratification. Before I played WoW I used to love to play and finish sprawling time-eating games like Europa Universalis or Civilization, but while I was playing WoW I never had nearly the patience for longer games that I used to. Cancelled my account last month and I'm just now starting to get back into my older style of gaming, kinda like trying to adjust to outside life after years in prison.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #890 on: March 17, 2009, 12:38:55 PM

Dabbling in LOTR:Conquest and RE:5, while mostly focusing on Lego Star Wars. Grinding my way to 100%!

Still playing RB2 with the wife a couple of times a week.

Far Cry 2 and Saints Row 2 on hold for the time being. WoW is dead.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: March 17, 2009, 11:43:16 PM

The Wheelman demo is actually a lot of fun. It reminds me of The Getaway. I loved the driving in that game, the cars here have the same sense of weight.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #892 on: March 18, 2009, 07:00:41 AM

digging up some old lucasart space flight sim (xwing & tie fighter). Those games are harder than I remembered. Can't believe I beat Tie Fighter 10 years ago back in high school

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #893 on: March 18, 2009, 07:12:00 AM

Do you have a stick to go with it?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: March 18, 2009, 09:24:12 AM

that's the funny thing, I finished TIE fighter with a trackball and keyboard combo last time. Guess a mouse wouldn't cut it nowadays, not enough desk space to pull around. Xwing can go to hell. Sending me in Y-Wing to face over a dozen mines, a corellian corvette, freighter, half a dozen tie fighters with a frigate en route within 5 mins which will unleash endless waves of TIE interceptors? Did they even test this game? Holy shit. I want a youtube vid of people beating it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #895 on: March 18, 2009, 09:47:13 AM

Thats a fun mission. I don't recall exactly how to beat it, but I remember having to snipe all those fucking mines pretty damn fast.  Hooray for the Y-wing's accuracy and fire-linked lasers one-shotting mines.   Increase your gun regen to max and just siphon power from them if your shields get low. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53:10 AM

holy shit death star run ... but how did that guy get over 440 spd on XWING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnaD38aIgG4

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: March 20, 2009, 06:18:32 AM

Going to buy Empire Total War me thinks, though about playing DoW II but apparently its crap? Any input?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #898 on: March 20, 2009, 06:22:33 AM

It boils down to your opinion towards DotA gameplay and base building. If you like the first and hate the second, you'll enjoy DoW2.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:01 AM

I'm kicking it old school:

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: March 23, 2009, 01:49:39 PM

Fucking hobgoblins.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: March 23, 2009, 01:59:27 PM

The depressing part is that I know that it's Champions of Krynn on sight, even though almost all the gold box games look alike.  Fucking hobgoblins.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: March 23, 2009, 02:33:54 PM

Hmmm, I was thinking it was Pool of Radiance.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #903 on: March 23, 2009, 03:08:14 PM

The moons phases at the top is the giveaway.

Edit: plural
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:11:07 PM by Trippy »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: March 23, 2009, 03:35:34 PM

And the hobgoblins and the fact that he's only like level 3 means it's not death knight or dark queen.

The real question is, out of your 3 melees, how many of them are absurdly overpowered knights?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: March 23, 2009, 03:58:33 PM

Dawn of War 2 has been my main game since it came out.  The scout update got meplaying TF2 a little now and again, and EVE remains my MMO poison.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: March 23, 2009, 04:53:38 PM

And the hobgoblins and the fact that he's only like level 3 means it's not death knight or dark queen.

The real question is, out of your 3 melees, how many of them are absurdly overpowered knights?

Just one Knight, Rufus Landale.  (A character I generally use as a Knight/Leader type in almost any sort of RPG where I feel like running such a guy.)
I also have a Ranger, a Ranger/Cleric Half Elf (God that gives +2 levels on Turning attempts plus Silence 15' as a bonus spell), Cleric of Mishakal, White Robe Mage,
and a Half Elf Fighter Thief.

I am intentionally making it harder on myself.  4 Female characters (fuck you Gary.  Seriously.  Fuck pulp traditions.), and I am RPing certain ones.
The knight is going 2 handed swords as soon as I find one.
The cleric only uses quarterstaves. (The other male PC)
The Fighter Thief is a bow wielder.

Why I went the DL route? 
1: Less problems in DOSBOX, outside of having to rewrite the initial setup config file that wanted to save to the A Drive.
2: I've played through the first 2 Forgotten Realms games about 3-5 times each on my C64 back in the day.
3: DL allows nonhumans to level up higher.  (No wonder the AD&D old school hate Dragonlance.  It doesn't hate demihumans.  Again, fuck you Gary.  You may be the Godfather of RPGs, but you wrote a lot of dumb fucking shit in your games.)
4: I only beat Champions of Krynn on Easy mode in the day, and didn't have the Adventurer's Journal when I did.  So I missed some of the fluff I have totally forgotten anyhow.
5: Krynn series has MORE STUFF in the trilogy of games as far as fixes and tweaks to the GB engine.  (The Turbografx Gold Box game is the most evolved overall though.)
6: I can try to complete the whole trilogy easier than the Pools quartet.  Especially since Silver Blades is just a giant repetitive dungeon crawl among a series that's mostly repetitive dungeon crawls with long combats.
7: I can tease a Dragonlance loving friend by him seeing me play a Dragonlance videogame.
8: Fight Lord Soth?  FUCKIN A.
9: I never finished Dark Queen on the Amiga, so here is my chance at not only playing the whole series, but taking the same party through it.

I am getting used to the really primitive interface, and honestly the graphics don't bother me much, and thanks to one of the game documents sites on the web, I don't have to deal with the barely there docs Wizardworks put on the Collector's edition CD I have.
(They really just wanted to get people to spend money to buy the hardcopy books and cluebooks.  The Internet and PDF files say I don't have to!  awesome, for real )

I honestly think it would probably play better with a controller than a trackball or keyboard though.  Its an excuse to buy a fancypants USB Hori Arcade stick.  Ok, ANOTHER excuse to drop a C note on one...

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #907 on: March 23, 2009, 06:12:02 PM

Space Game kinda like Tower Defense but different

Fun game to waste 10 minutes on.  Mondays are slow.

That last level is fucking bullshit.   ACK!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #908 on: March 24, 2009, 06:15:21 AM

You post this as if it is somehow out of character.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #909 on: March 24, 2009, 06:39:13 AM

7: I can tease a Dragonlance loving friend by him seeing me play a Dragonlance videogame.

This statement is like 4 levels of astounding.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: