Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173378 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #210 on: February 20, 2006, 09:35:22 PM

I've been playing Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, and I've been trying to write a review for it that's longer than two paragraphs.

I've also been reliving my loot whore days by playing PSO and Diablo 2 again. I've also played Deus Ex off and on. Yeah, lot of old stuff.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #211 on: February 20, 2006, 11:13:18 PM

Oracle of Seasons.

Hello there!

Mmmm, why have i not finished Oracle of Seasons?  Or Ages?  Or Majora?  Oh, right... Majora gives me nightmares.

Still working on DWVIII, also Mario Golf.  Squeezing a few more drops out of We Love Katamari.  Still haven't rolled up the King, but his day draws near.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:15 AM

After finishing Digital Devil Saga 1&2 back to back I'm now working on:

Dragon Quest VIII
WOW
and lately Star Wars Empire at War (I'll probably be bored of it in a week or two but right now it's fun as hell.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
WayAbvPar

Reply #213 on: February 21, 2006, 09:31:15 AM

EVE Online and poker. I would be playing a lot more BF2, but the latest patch seems to have introduced some sort of video lag/chop that makes it virtually unplayable. /sadf

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: February 21, 2006, 10:17:49 AM

Single-player Star Wars Battlefront II (on the PC - 1600x1200 32bit color FTW). I don't feel I'm competent enough for public servers, especially since SWBF2 leans more towards the lame OMGRUNRUNSHOOTSHOOTRUN school of FPS than the original. I don't have good reflexes.

I've also returned to a PBEM 4x space game I've played on and off for ten years.

Occasionally I start console RPGs (Star Ocean, Dark Cloud, Xenosaga), play them for one or two days, then forget about them. I'm a lousy console gamer. It may have something to do with having a one year-old who like to press buttons and yank cables whenever we leave the entertainment center open.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #215 on: February 21, 2006, 01:10:59 PM

Occasionally I start console RPGs (Star Ocean, Dark Cloud, Xenosaga), play them for one or two days, then forget about them. I'm a lousy console gamer. It may have something to do with having a one year-old who like to press buttons and yank cables whenever we leave the entertainment center open.

Wireless controllers are a must if you have a toddler.  I also have my stuff inside cabinetry and generally out of reach, which you can't really do with cords.  The Logitech models are good, solid devices.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #216 on: February 21, 2006, 02:14:48 PM

Everquest 2.

And when I'm not, I suppose I'm playing NHL 2k6, X-Men Legends and Need for Speed: Underground on the X-Box.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #217 on: February 21, 2006, 07:36:18 PM

Everquest 2.

And when I'm not, I suppose I'm playing NHL 2k6, X-Men Legends and Need for Speed: Underground on the X-Box.

You are a weak man.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #218 on: February 22, 2006, 06:24:44 AM

I'm in EQ2, too. Keep meaning to get in some Morrowind (never did finish, want to get GotY version, etc), some Bloodlines (user patches ftw) and finally download Lazarus (got patch?).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #219 on: February 22, 2006, 06:36:35 AM

EQ2, too.  Wild Arms 4 makes little gurgling noises when I walk past the book shelf and Grandia III is in a brown van heading this way as we speak.  Hah!  It thinks I'm going play with it.  Stupid Grandia III.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #220 on: February 22, 2006, 07:33:38 AM

Signe, your style reminds me of Emily Dickinson. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #221 on: February 22, 2006, 08:44:29 AM

Everquest 2.

You are a weak man.

Yes, and I feel very dirty because of it.

I would feel much more dirty if the game hadn't actually improved about 3 billion times since beta. I'd put it real close to WoW in the fun factor, though it could use a bit more user-friendliness applied.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #222 on: February 22, 2006, 09:40:41 AM

EVE, WoW (again!), FFTA, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, WarioWare Touched!, GTA San Andreas.

Oh, and Risk...the board game.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:47:59 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #223 on: February 22, 2006, 09:44:45 AM

Signe's style reminds me more of Angie Dickinson.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: February 22, 2006, 12:47:50 PM

pen and paper DnD / WoW / RTS Battle for Middle Earth.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #225 on: February 22, 2006, 04:34:25 PM

EvE

SCII (xbox) SCIII (ps2) depending on which friend's house I'm at.  Oh and I also got in some games of EA's NHL2003 which was so much better then any later version that we tried out.  That is pretty much it.  God I'm bored today.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #226 on: February 22, 2006, 05:02:53 PM

I am about to start in on MS Saga.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #227 on: February 22, 2006, 06:14:35 PM

Heroes of the Pacific in the PC is doing quite well in being fun in a light and easy manner.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: February 22, 2006, 06:24:41 PM

I've been playing SimCity 4.  It's highly addictive.

(Yes, I know I'm about 3 years behind, but I just never got around to playing it until a couple weeks ago.)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #229 on: February 22, 2006, 07:32:43 PM

Ten minutes in to Wild Arms 4, I knew it sucked beyond my expectations.  I stabbed it with a stabby look over and over,  and will probably never play it again.  I might have to actually open Grandia III.  I can see the fear in it's eyes already.  I give it long, unblinking stares.  It shrinks, trying to blend and become unnoticable.  It won't look me in the eyes.

Fini.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #230 on: February 23, 2006, 02:01:54 AM

Goddamnit. MS Saga shouldn't be fun. I mean, comeon, there's a fucking unicorn on the cover. And the MS stands for "Mobile Suit" as in Gundam. But you know what, it's a traditional JRPG with sweet sweet sweet customization of your chibi robot. Mines all white with a big black spiky shoulderpad and a big green blinky visor eye thing. And it's pretty goddamn cool. It's also sweet to shoot tanks.

Basically, good diversion if you just waded through something unnecessarily long like DQVIII. This game looks to be about 40 vs. the 85-100 hour long game there. Oh, and it bears positively zero resemblance to ANY gundam game of the past. It plays more like a Enix title than anything else (combat is DQVIII style with a tension type system). Essentially, it's DQ combat without the suck and infinite more customization.

a Zaku II approaches!

Edit: And if you're wondering, yes, I still hate Gundam with the passion of a thousand suns. But Bandai managed to spit out a fun game here by throwing away it's entire past. Oh and the story is, without any other words more deserving, 'teh unoriginal suq'... but then, so was DQVIII and everyone gobknobbled that.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #231 on: February 23, 2006, 02:16:49 AM

Some unhealthy urge has driven me back to playing Starcraft. Maybe it's all the flight time in EVE. But yea, i've been on a three-year long quest to find a new, advanced rts game to replace the habit, and it seems that i have failed me. Bloody Protoss.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #232 on: February 23, 2006, 03:36:46 AM

Playing BF2, CoD 2 and Rome: Total War on the PC atm as well as WoW and some DAoC (lowbie BG's are fun).

Xbox is sitting mostly idle, occassional Forza Motorsport and i really will get around to finishing Jade Empire one day.

PSP has been a major let-down, playing a little Lumines here and there adn just got Star Wars Battlefront (PSP) as a gift so i'll check that out.

Well, bored of BF2, beat CoD2 and Rome: Total War (great game though!). Got to 60 with 2 characters in WoW and got my rogue fully kitted in Tier 1/2 gear when i realized i neither have the time nor the inclination to raid. Daoc always wears of in the lvl 30 BG. Donated the xbox to xmas charity.

So now - EVE has grabbed me pretty hard. It's complex, unforgiving and big and different. So far i still like it a lot and it satisfies my MMOG addiction. Other than that, got Pirates! from Direct2play - it's ok. Not evolved enough from the original but still an ok timewaster.

PSP still a waste of bag space. Xbox 360 at least has shiny fast cars (Project Gotham 3) and beautiful boobs (DoA4). Not too mention Kameo, which im actually enjoying. But EVE owns the majority of my gaming time right now easily.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:48 AM

So now - EVE has grabbed me pretty hard. It's complex, unforgiving and big and different. So far i still like it a lot and it satisfies my MMOG addiction. {snip}  But EVE owns the majority of my gaming time right now easily.

Thank you for succinctly saying what I've been trying to formulate for a while now.  Started the 14 day trial earlier this month and knew by day 7 that I had a winner and began kicking myself for not giving EVE a try way back when.  Stupid, stupid stupid.

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: February 23, 2006, 11:50:40 AM

Don't kick yourself too hard. EVE sucks without a corp.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: July 21, 2008, 10:16:16 AM

Sans hdtv and pc for a few days. Have the xbox and gc at the new house. Threw in a copy of Prince of Persia sands of time for the xbox, fun game. Nice art style and music. Crappy save system. No idea where I got it, either, people keep giving me old xbox games, I have a box of them. Most suck, but this one is win.

This thread should be a sticky imo. Not that m o means s.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 21, 2008, 10:26:59 AM

Still playing WoW. I made 70 and am doing some raiding and instancing with my guild. WoW is just so sticky.
Little bit of Hellgate London on the side. I've got a new Marksman that I play online for teh lulz, and tried a Blademaster offline. Just tinkering with it, though.

Dammit. I tried to get into Homeworld 2, since I loved the first one, but it's just not as good as the original. I pooped out at about mission 3 or 4 I think? The one where you try to rescue the shipyard. That mission is the pits, and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. So I lost interest in the campaign.

And I'd like to pick up Sins of a Solar Empire, since I dug the demo, but don't have the funny money to blow on it now.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #237 on: July 21, 2008, 10:42:53 AM

I'll try a reverse-chronological-order deal, starting with...

Assassin's Creed, 360.  I really like this game a lot, and for many of the reasons that most other people didn't like it.  The slow pace, collecting flags, no wacky monster enemies, climbing towers.  Gives me the impression that it's a better Thief: Deadly Shadows, but not that much better.  It just took out the bullshit found in T:DS.  I also smell elements of Zelda.

GTAIV, 360.  This is our "couple time" game, so I generally get some time in most nights.  My wife gets annoyed at me shooting people who run into my car, or people who yell things at me, or gas canisters, or cops while I'm supposed to be doing a mission.

EVE Online, PC.  Reactivated an account, learning new systems added since I last played.  Pew pew.

Rune Factory, DS.  I do some of this while waiting for the water to boil for dinner.

Mana Khemia, PS2.  Atelier Iris 3 but better.

Disgaea, PS2.  Just some more grinding.

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, PC.

Peggle, PC.

EDIT: Lego Indiana Jones, 360.

Arx Fatalis, PC.  I'll finish this damn thing one day.

Ninja Gaiden II, 360.  Hard, even on easy.

Super Mario Galaxy, Wii.  Chipping away at the stars, slowly.

Boom Blox, Wii.  Explosions are fun.

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 21, 2008, 10:55:11 AM

I started playing WoW again about 2 weeks ago.  I've only put a couple nights in so far and I think I might enjoy it again.  Maybe I'll get to 70 this time.

I've played the fuck out of Diablo 2 over the past month.  My frenzy barb is 58 and still climbing.  I had an IK helm drop a few nights ago.  I was quite happy.

I'm eagerly awaiting Disgaea 3 and Mercs 2.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: July 21, 2008, 11:17:08 AM

Assassin's Creed, 360.  I really like this game a lot, and for many of the reasons that most other people didn't like it.  The slow pace, collecting flags, no wacky monster enemies, climbing towers.  Gives me the impression that it's a better Thief: Deadly Shadows, but not that much better.  It just took out the bullshit found in T:DS.  I also smell elements of Zelda.

GTAIV, 360.  This is our "couple time" game, so I generally get some time in most nights.  My wife gets annoyed at me shooting people who run into my car, or people who yell things at me, or gas canisters, or cops while I'm supposed to be doing a mission.
Most enticing review of Assassin's Creed I've heard.

My fiancee yells at me when I get out of the car in GTA:SA. Dude needs an iPod or something.

I was playing Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic last week, but I don't spend any time at the apartment now that it's just a storage shed. People say it's a tough game, but I turtle and minmax like a mofo. Love that game.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:18:49 AM by Sky »
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: July 21, 2008, 11:31:27 AM

Ifound a copy of Civ3 for $9.99 this weekend so it's that and Mount and Blade that is sucking up my time.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #241 on: July 21, 2008, 11:44:54 AM

My fiancee yells at me when I get out of the car in GTA:SA. Dude needs an iPod or something.

Keep playing, you eventually get one.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #242 on: July 21, 2008, 01:46:56 PM

I'm tempted to set the radio volume to zero, except I'm afraid my wife will complain.

Oh, I've also been playing Urban Dead.

lesion

Reply #243 on: July 21, 2008, 02:05:20 PM

Oblivion
Diablo II
DirectDraw Surface Karaoke
Acoustic Guitar Hero: Holy God My Fingertips

steam|a grue \[T]/
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #244 on: July 21, 2008, 02:08:03 PM

I (we) have been enjoying Killing You Some Undead two ways: the lazy, easy way in Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (co-op mode); and the attention-paying, hard(er), way in D&D 4th Edition. I'm ashamed to admit that Dark Kingdom is slightly (ever-so-slightly) more fun because I can lounge hard and brainlessly button-mash instead of having to be smart and problem-solve.  swamp poop

I haven't really touched Cooking Mama II (DS) much, for some reason, but feel like I should. I also really wanna play Harvest Moon hard for an hour or so whenever I see mugwort for sale in the produce section of the Asian grocery store - I think it's in season right now.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: