Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:20:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2185805 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #175 on: December 01, 2005, 04:01:50 PM

I saw X 3 in Wal Mart yesterday.  But as I am going to the land of OSX next week, I am holding off on new PC games.

Its out in the US.

I bid you an early welcome to the land of OSX.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #176 on: December 01, 2005, 05:48:37 PM

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.  I've finished FEAR and I'm getting bored in X3, so I thought a wee ps2 game would tide me over while the other half is killing Ragnaros or whatever the fuck it is this week.

But I'm hearing that they're NOT zombies ?

Omg ?

Matters not.  We should not spoil it for you.  Just get it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
fnddf2
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: December 01, 2005, 07:46:54 PM

According to http://www.similarities.org/starforce.html, X3 uses Starforce, but only European versions it seems.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: December 02, 2005, 01:39:13 AM

I was so disappointed by X2 that I can't bring myself to get 3. Anyone want to give a comparison?

For you and Others :  THERE IS NO COMPARISON.  IT'S THE SAME GAME.

If you hated X2 you're going to hate X3.  It's that simple.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: December 02, 2005, 07:11:49 AM

I played quite a bit of X2.  Its a huge space sandbox with some fighter style combat.

I can see how it's not for everyone and that it's quirks take some accomadation.  But it's pretty much the only thing around doing what it's doing and for that they get my support.

I'll be picking this up as soon as I get some free time.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #180 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:34 AM

I'm playing WoW again...

What is truly terrible is, I sold my old account when I quit (lvl60 dwarf priest) and now I'm being forced to make a dwarf/priest again.  Because that is what we need...

I hate my life.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: December 02, 2005, 01:20:48 PM

I'm playing WoW again...

What is truly terrible is, I sold my old account when I quit (lvl60 dwarf priest) and now I'm being forced to make a dwarf/priest again.  Because that is what we need...

I hate my life.

It's odd - every dwarf I run into is an asshole. It's like they are all roleplaying. Only they are not.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #182 on: December 02, 2005, 01:34:10 PM

It was like that with halflings in EQ for me. Oddest thing.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #183 on: December 02, 2005, 02:06:27 PM

Halfings and gnomes in EQ.

I hated them both, but at least with gnomes you could always emote a "punt" on the gnomes. The halflings I just tried to ignore.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: December 02, 2005, 02:45:20 PM

My new game is my Mac which showed up today.
iMac g5 1.9 ghz, 1 gig of RAM, Mighty Mouse, Radeon X600 video card, built in speakers, built in iSight camera, remote control, built in mic, 17 inch monitor.

Ive been messing around with it and I am so far disgustingly happy with it, even if the games I ordered from Amazon Black Friday (the day I ordered this machine.
101 bucks off!) just shipped today and some other tiles from another shipper is in transit.  I suppose I could install the Mac games I have from multisystem packs:
Quake (came with the 1996 ID Collection), Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 Battlechest, Starcraft Battlechest, and WoW...

Its almost SILENT though.  Its fucking scary.  In fact the only noise in the house right now is the clacking of the keyboard as I type.  (And get re used to a full type
keyboard after 2 1/2 months of laptop keyboarding....)

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: December 02, 2005, 03:12:19 PM

If I understand the Mac commercials correctly your IQ should have shot up 15 points just opening the shipping box, and by the time you powered it on you're standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #186 on: December 02, 2005, 03:15:10 PM

What you say is true. I mean, Jeff Goldblum can't be wrong!

Dang but he is one silver fox.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: December 02, 2005, 03:20:58 PM

I love his work but everytime I see his face I recall him holding his ear...

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: December 02, 2005, 04:55:03 PM

Actually I was in my undershorts for most of the unpacking process.  I knew some package had arrived at the door while I was asleep so I wisely checked up on things before my shower.
I did everything but turn it on before my shower.  Setup was disgustingly easy.  Unwrap everything, plug keyboard into computer, put power cable in, put mouse USB into keyboard.
Turned it on after the shower (since it was cold outside I didn't think some time to get to room temperature would be a bad thing.

Turn on and initial OS setup was super quick, though it took a good 30 minutes for about 200 megs of downloads.  (For a computer that came out in mid October.)

Apparently I am running at 1440 resolution according to Nanosaur 2.  Its PRETTY.

Im getting used to Safari, though I miss my forwards and backwards thumb buttons on the mouse.  The Mighty Mouse is ok, but it sort of looks like a big suppository.  Not sure how it will
game perform though.  (Apparently there was no Quake on that Id set, just Doom saga and Wolf 3d.  I wonder if the Tenebrae Quake port has a Mac version since I now have a video card
capable of running that sumbitch..)  See to right click you can't leave your left click finger on the mouse.  It KNOWS WHERE YOUR FINGERS ARE.  (Apparently this is fixed on the bluetooth
version, but Wireless costs money and I don't  like wireless too much.  Some things are better with cables.)

Front Row kicks ass.  It turns the Mac into a stupidly simple media center with its teeny tiny remote.

Things I still need to learn:  How to read PDF files easily.  If Yahoo Messenger for Mac has a go to Yahoo Chat option.  How to burn CDs and DVDs not intended for Itunes and such so I can save all my Blizzard game Mac patcher programs.  How to exit OS9 apps and not slow down the system when running them. 

Sadly I have not become a turtleneck wearing pretentious emo art snob yet.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: December 02, 2005, 06:20:06 PM

No little pickles?

Why am I the only one who has this dream.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #190 on: December 02, 2005, 06:54:57 PM

[edit] Nope. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:35:56 PM by Stray »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: December 05, 2005, 07:31:16 AM

Mighty Mouse
Heh.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #192 on: December 05, 2005, 11:50:16 AM

No little pickles?

Why am I the only one who has this dream.

Val has some awesome lines in that movie.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: December 05, 2005, 12:26:03 PM

That's what they named it.  The Mighty Mouse.  I call it a giant suppository with a lovely scroll wheel I can't stop fondling cuz it feels so darn nice.
I'm apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't mind using it for gaming though.  Hell, button 4 is 2 side buttons that have to be pressed
at once and I can do it relatively easily.  Was intentionally rolling under death beams in Jedi Academy this morning just to show off.  In WoW I
set it to autorun which is ever so handy.

Its not entirely better than my Intellimouse Explorer, but its not bad at all. 

However I wished Logitech provided actual support for their gamepads on the Mac though.  Telling me to jump in and hope OSX likes it, and
if I don't get full functionality to go buy some dude's 3rd party gamepad button mapper program isn't my idea of quality support.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: December 05, 2005, 01:33:19 PM

You had better be some sort of graphic designer/filmmaker...

Mac's are pretty and all, and they have some niche uses, but they are not for gamers.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #195 on: December 05, 2005, 01:42:47 PM

I love that "niche uses" bullshit...

I do pretty much everything on my Mac but play games. If you call everyday work a niche, then hey...

schild
Administrator

Reply #196 on: December 05, 2005, 01:44:58 PM

I'd call every day work a niche. If it weren't for gaming I wouldn't have a computer newer than ten years old. Maybe five years if I really just wanted that fast intarweb luv.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #197 on: December 05, 2005, 01:48:28 PM

Depends, most of my work revolves around my laptop, so it's more than a niche for me. I'm on my machine all day most days, the fast interweb love is just a bonus.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #198 on: December 16, 2005, 01:51:34 PM

Second branch of Radiata Stories.
Dungeon Siege II.
HL2DM.  Last DM I played was once or twice with AvP.  I need another trick besides "circle strafe" but I am getting better.
Silent Hill.  Yes, the first one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: December 16, 2005, 01:55:52 PM

Still playing SWG. Just finished Resident Evil 0, going to grab RE4 after the Holy Days. Then I'll be playing through Gothic II again.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #200 on: December 16, 2005, 02:25:22 PM

I'm playing Zelda: Windwaker again after a year of not touching it at all. I'd forgotten most of it, which is fun.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #201 on: December 16, 2005, 02:27:12 PM

MTGO, Civ4, Quake4 demo. I also need to finish my replay of Max Payne 2, and my first trek through Dungeon Siege 2.

I'm done school for about 9 months starting Tuesday, so I should have the time....

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #202 on: December 17, 2005, 04:42:56 PM

Back on the WoW teet. Figure to be there for a while. 

Almost beat Legend of Heroes, but it's got a boss fight from hell.  30+ minutes into the fight and I wipe to pure cheap shit antics.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #203 on: December 19, 2005, 09:52:31 AM

Finished second ending of Radiata Stories.  I could run through the bonus catass dungeon... but I won't.  Even though it started off funny.

Most other games are going on the back burner because of my bastard friends and associates luring me into subscribing to both WoW and EVE.  Thanks a lot, fuckers.

schild
Administrator

Reply #204 on: December 19, 2005, 10:02:50 AM

Finished second ending of Radiata Stories.  I could run through the bonus catass dungeon... but I won't.  Even though it started off funny.

The horrow. That game drove my will to continue into the ground. Problem is I really really really liked it.

Most other games are going on the back burner because of my bastard friends and associates luring me into subscribing to both WoW and EVE.  Thanks a lot, fuckers.

Two words: Weak Sauce

I'm playing:
Bujingai
Animal Crossing DS
Tokobot
Battles: Prince of Persia
Trapt
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland 360
Perfect Dark Zero
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #205 on: December 19, 2005, 10:15:20 AM

Tokobot any good? A couple reviews I read beat it into the ground.  Also, PSP Prince, same question.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #206 on: December 19, 2005, 01:49:43 PM

Tokobot any good? A couple reviews I read beat it into the ground.  Also, PSP Prince, same question.

Tokobot very good.

Prince of Persia very not good. But easily one of the best looking games on the system. I mean, it's not bad. But it's not good. It just is.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #207 on: February 20, 2006, 06:47:01 PM

Oracle of Seasons.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Hokers
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:50 PM

Guitar Hero, SSX3 and Turino 2006.

If they has included curling, it might have been actually worth it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #209 on: February 20, 2006, 08:39:06 PM

Digital Devil Saga 2 - I may never finish this. I love it but play it very sporadically.
Exit (new PSP game).
Age of Empires DS, which rocks.
Tamogotchi DS, which is more fun than it should be.

And an unchosen survival horror game. I'm sure I'll pick one soon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: