Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172775 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #140 on: November 21, 2005, 01:09:40 PM

I'm only at Amorbis (the triple-worm thingy) and I already need to take a break or my controller will be smashed.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #141 on: November 21, 2005, 01:34:17 PM

I actually had a pleasant time playing SWG over the weekend.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #142 on: November 22, 2005, 01:05:40 PM

Still playing WoW. A little Civ4, and waiting for some good games to be released on Xbox360, so I have a good excuse to go buy one.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #143 on: November 22, 2005, 01:51:34 PM

Playing BF2, CoD 2 and Rome: Total War on the PC atm as well as WoW and some DAoC (lowbie BG's are fun).

Xbox is sitting mostly idle, occassional Forza Motorsport and i really will get around to finishing Jade Empire one day.

PSP has been a major let-down, playing a little Lumines here and there adn just got Star Wars Battlefront (PSP) as a gift so i'll check that out.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: November 22, 2005, 05:18:07 PM

Ive started Dragon Quest 8 today.  I like it so far, but it is SERIOUSLY old school console RPGing.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #145 on: November 22, 2005, 10:01:16 PM

I've been playing WoW again a little, reinstalled Diablo 2, hopefully next week I can start playing games again properly.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
CassandraR
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 23, 2005, 08:06:24 AM

I just finished Radiata Stories and the 'choice' you make about half way through really annoyed me. I was soo hoping all the humans would be destoryed or turned into fantasy races or something cool. And not the bullshit that was an end. I picked the non-humans so they should of been the showcase and heros of the game. Really wish my character and Ridley could of just become non-humans then create a new world where humans don't exist.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #147 on: November 23, 2005, 08:56:06 AM

I just finished Radiata Stories and the 'choice' you make about half way through really annoyed me. I was soo hoping all the humans would be destoryed or turned into fantasy races or something cool. And not the bullshit that was an end. I picked the non-humans so they should of been the showcase and heros of the game. Really wish my character and Ridley could of just become non-humans then create a new world where humans don't exist.

Were you always this much of a misanthrope?  Is this a new you or did I just never properly notice? 

Misanthropy is my aeroplane.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #148 on: November 23, 2005, 10:00:37 AM

Ive started Dragon Quest 8 today.  I like it so far, but it is SERIOUSLY old school console RPGing.

But with hilarious skills and adorable celshading!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #149 on: November 23, 2005, 10:15:49 AM

Old school, old school....This is all I hear about DQVIII. Maybe I'll get this after all, instead of Makai Kingdom (sorry Schild).
schild
Administrator

Reply #150 on: November 23, 2005, 10:38:27 AM

Old school, old school....This is all I hear about DQVIII. Maybe I'll get this after all, instead of Makai Kingdom (sorry Schild).

Doesn't bother me, I picked up both. Makai Kingdom is funnier and more addictive. DQVII is, definately, old school.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: November 23, 2005, 01:10:56 PM

Its modern graphics with 1990 console RPG gameplay.  Straight up.  Play it because you like old games, not to
see anything resembling innovation.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #152 on: November 23, 2005, 01:53:27 PM

Its modern graphics with 1990 console RPG gameplay.  Straight up.  Play it because you like old games, not to

ding ding ding! I think most turn-based RPGs are old-school, it's just that some have better graphics. FFX is a good case in point.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #153 on: November 23, 2005, 02:10:02 PM

Well, there is turn-based, and then there is "input commands for everyone and watch as they take their turns".  That's the real "old school" clincher for me.  Well, that, and I've found 1 mana potion in 25 hours of game play.  WTF?  It's been about a decade since I've felt so compelled to hoard MP.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #154 on: November 23, 2005, 02:13:00 PM

I liked FFX combat, and yeah it's old school (if simply turn based constitutes as old school).

I still hate the game itself though. Maybe if the central characters had been Auron and Lulu I'd like it. Titus and Yuna? Not so much.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:15:56 PM by Stray »
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #155 on: November 23, 2005, 02:19:04 PM

What do you have against femmy boys, huh?  tongue

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #156 on: November 23, 2005, 02:31:56 PM

Holden Caulfield was probably femmy/gay. Alan Cumming is femmy/gay. Iggy Pop is femmy/gay. I don't mind them. Maybe because they're a little psychotic, I don't know.

Titus is lame.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 23, 2005, 03:01:31 PM

SUCK MY COCK THE LOTTA YA! I'M TITUS PULLO, RIGHT?
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 23, 2005, 03:04:50 PM

I liked FFX combat, and yeah it's old school (if simply turn based constitutes as old school).

I still hate the game itself though. Maybe if the central characters had been Auron and Lulu I'd like it. Titus and Yuna? Not so much.

Yeah, the characters and voiceovers for FFX were good.  Except for the two leads.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: November 25, 2005, 02:19:18 AM

ding ding ding! I think most turn-based RPGs are old-school, it's just that some have better graphics. FFX is a good case in point.

No.  I mean it plays almost exactly like an early Genesis or SNES RPG but with polygons.
Its like they transported the FF4 and DW 2 Dev Teams to now and gave them Jet Set Radio's cel shaded graphics tech.

If that's not enough retro for you, Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land is even MORE old school.  It pretty much plays
like 1981's Wizardry, except it acknowledges player abuse isn't cool and adds things like an automap.
fnddf2
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: November 26, 2005, 03:50:01 PM

kek

can you link me? I need to know how.

http://ikaruga.co.uk/

You can also use Google Video and get some Ikaruga videos.

Also, I gave up on Eve after a month.  I would loved to have played it more, having missed out on Trade Wars during the BBS days.  I just couldn't play enough to justify the subscription.  If it was a single player game though, I would still be playing it now.

I wonder if there are any other trade-based games that are single player on the PC that have been released recently.  Someone mentioned that Patrician III game...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #161 on: November 26, 2005, 07:19:07 PM

kek

can you link me? I need to know how.

http://ikaruga.co.uk/

You can also use Google Video and get some Ikaruga videos.

Also, I gave up on Eve after a month.  I would loved to have played it more, having missed out on Trade Wars during the BBS days.  I just couldn't play enough to justify the subscription.  If it was a single player game though, I would still be playing it now.

I wonder if there are any other trade-based games that are single player on the PC that have been released recently.  Someone mentioned that Patrician III game...

See, Google requires effort. For your valiant efforts you get a cookie:

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #162 on: November 28, 2005, 08:21:11 AM

SUCK MY COCK THE LOTTA YA! I'M TITUS PULLO, RIGHT?

CAK!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #163 on: November 29, 2005, 10:37:13 PM

Civ 4 on the PC as I can't play SWG without getting pissy at the moment.

And Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth on XBox, which is working the survival horror thang just right, but you talk to yourself a little too much...or maybe it's the voices in your head...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: December 01, 2005, 01:44:22 AM

Hey, did anyone do a review of a post about Resident Evil 4 ?

I'm intrigued and yet I can't find any 'real' information beyond the usual websites with advertisement mandick in their mouths...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #165 on: December 01, 2005, 01:50:52 AM

All I know is that everyone here with a Gamecube told me that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread (i.e. Robot Jesus). I bought it recently for the PS2, and while I don't think it's the "greatest thing", it's definitely a "must buy/one of the better games in a long while" ordeal. I haven't finished it though, so maybe I'll change my mind.

Disclaimer: I haven't played a lot of horror games, so I won't bother with comparisons.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #166 on: December 01, 2005, 04:27:40 AM

I love the Resident Evil games, all of them.  I find them different from things like Fatal Frame, which I still find too creepy to even take out of the bag.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: December 01, 2005, 07:05:45 AM

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.  I've finished FEAR and I'm getting bored in X3, so I thought a wee ps2 game would tide me over while the other half is killing Ragnaros or whatever the fuck it is this week.

But I'm hearing that they're NOT zombies ?

Omg ?

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: December 01, 2005, 07:10:23 AM

Yes and no.  Not the dead-risen-again as in Night of the Living Dead kind of zombie.  They are most certainly living.  Your first encounter with them (the opening) just demonstrates that people in this village are a bit... off.  Ok, very off, but they still seem people-like.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #169 on: December 01, 2005, 01:30:40 PM

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.  I've finished FEAR and I'm getting bored in X3, so I thought a wee ps2 game would tide me over while the other half is killing Ragnaros or whatever the fuck it is this week.

Omg ?

X3 is out?! I gotta get out more...

* Edit

wtfbbq
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 01:35:44 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: December 01, 2005, 01:32:55 PM

Europe may have got it first.  OMG RARE !

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #171 on: December 01, 2005, 01:55:05 PM

X3 sounds cool.

It also sounds like the kind of game I don't have the time for  cry
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #172 on: December 01, 2005, 01:56:31 PM

I was so disappointed by X2 that I can't bring myself to get 3. Anyone want to give a comparison?
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #173 on: December 01, 2005, 02:24:31 PM

I think I'm gonna plug the N64 back in and play some Mario. I've been having serious ADD with games these days.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: December 01, 2005, 03:16:18 PM

I saw X 3 in Wal Mart yesterday.  But as I am going to the land of OSX next week, I am holding off on new PC games.

Its out in the US.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: