Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172940 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12565 on: April 30, 2018, 05:48:29 AM

I was playing Skyrim and avoiding the main quest. I got some mods working for once- Frostfall is surprisingly easy to play and quite good.

But then BATTLETECH came out and it's like playing it 20 years ago with 20 years of technology to make it workable.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12566 on: May 03, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

The secret to Stardew is to realize that you have retired to the country and really don't need to min/max it like a redneck salaryman.  Those fuckers in town will come to you when they need something.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12567 on: May 03, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

And Bingo was his name-o. I started to get stressed and immediately said 'fuck all y'all and your needy needs' and just puttered around with stuff. I should fire it back up while I'm in putter around game mode...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12568 on: May 04, 2018, 06:27:34 AM

Wife is really enjoying FarCry 5, even Arcade.  I, on the other hand, feel like if I'm going to be shooting dudes in hallways, I can do so in Warframe.

Still Warframe and Stardew.  Deleted FortNite and ARK.  Did not delete Let It Die but not sure when or if I'll go back to that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #12569 on: May 06, 2018, 10:38:14 AM

Taking a break from Battletech, I installed and played Offworld Trading Company (free weekend).  It's an RTS, with a pretty clever twist: instead of harvesting resources and building structures to make units that crush your opponent, you harvest and build to manipulate economic forces to drive your opponent into bankruptcy.  It's and interesting take on RTS games, and pretty well executed.

PROBLEM: after banging thru the tutorials and my first match, I realized I wanted to be playing a completely different game.  I was much more interested in futzing around with my base and production than with crushing the other players.  Not the game's fault, I guess I just like stuff like Factorio more.

So, I'm in the market for a new city/base builder, I guess.  I played the hell out of Planetbase about a year ago, and it was fun but not overly deep.  Can anybody recommend a good base-builder game?  Bonus points if it rewards things like taking advantage of terrain, adjacency bonuses, etc.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12570 on: May 06, 2018, 11:28:45 AM

Got Dead Rising 4 in my Humble, so wee play on that to amuse the family.

Then some Battletech.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12571 on: May 07, 2018, 07:45:52 AM

Finished FarCry 5 and in contrast to the rest of the game, I enjoyed the ending story.

Started FarCry Primal.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12572 on: May 08, 2018, 10:08:41 PM

Beat Elex. I may try to 100% it, since there's a few items with story implications I'd like to finish. It's a really good game if you can stand the PB formula. Rough introductory difficulty, but you progress pretty quickly toward "unstoppable killing machine". The story is decent and the voice work is passable. It also ran smoothly on my aging system for looking a lot better than most PB games I've played.

Bought a PS4 Pro with God of War. Haven't gotten far yet. Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition should be arriving tomorrow. I'm starting to realize that my son hates non-interactive story intros. "Are you playing yet?" "not really".

Still LoL arams. I've gotten fairly good with Ziggs and he slaughters bad players on that map. Mundo, surprisingly is really fucking broken on that map against AP damage. I could stand in a Katarina ult and gain health by the end of it.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12573 on: May 09, 2018, 02:56:21 AM

PoE Deadfire is out ?  Anyone have any interest/views ?

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12574 on: May 09, 2018, 03:42:07 AM

I preordered it and already downloaded it. I am in Munich this long weekend, will play it afterwards and report in.

I liked the first one, so I'm cautiously optimistic and might even hold off playing Stellaris for a few days.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12575 on: May 09, 2018, 01:41:32 PM

PoE Deadfire is out ?  Anyone have any interest/views ?

It's getting some really good reviews if that means anything to you.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12576 on: May 09, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

Bought a PS4 Pro with God of War. Haven't gotten far yet. Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition should be arriving tomorrow. I'm starting to realize that my son hates non-interactive story intros. "Are you playing yet?" "not really".

I'm right there with him. I lasted about 5 minutes with Metal Gear Solid 4.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12577 on: May 09, 2018, 06:00:34 PM

+1. If I'm watching more than I'm playing in the first hour, I'm probably done.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12578 on: May 09, 2018, 06:07:00 PM

Yeah, me too. Can't stand it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12579 on: May 09, 2018, 11:09:50 PM

that's a shame, MGS4 is nearly a masterpiece.

My personal gear grinding pain point is overly long bullshit tutorials - which has kept me from playing nearly any of the witcher series.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12580 on: May 10, 2018, 04:37:27 AM

So, I'm in the market for a new city/base builder, I guess.  I played the hell out of Planetbase about a year ago, and it was fun but not overly deep.  Can anybody recommend a good base-builder game?  Bonus points if it rewards things like taking advantage of terrain, adjacency bonuses, etc.

You could give Surviving Mars a look. I've seen some streams of it and it looks pretty good.

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/surviving-mars/SUSM01GSK-MASTER.html

Hic sunt dracones.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12581 on: May 10, 2018, 06:28:55 AM

It's an awesome game but if you aren't prepared to spend an hour watching a Youtube tutorial don't bother.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #12582 on: May 10, 2018, 08:32:13 AM

Thanks to the recommendation!  I had looked at Surviving Mars when it launched a few weeks ago.  The steam reviews (I know, I know) were pretty brutal.  They've gotten better since the first patch.  I was seriously considering it for the steam summer sale (rumored to be June 21). 

Also looking at Northgard, but not quite as intently. 

Was briefly interested in StellarHub, but development appears to be faltering.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #12583 on: May 11, 2018, 07:40:18 PM

I finally started "The Last of Us" and regretted the difficulty level I chose.

I'm really liking the story, but the combat is routinely pissing me off. (Especially the "how to sneak even sneakier" tip, which does not appear to work, although also there's no way to tell if I'm doing it).

Mostly it's those goddamn Clickers though. I enjoy the levels against people more -- sneaking around and ambushes and such.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12584 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:35 PM

I just started playing Nier: Automata. I'm 3 hours in and have no clue what the fuck is going on. It's not bad, but either I'm shit at console games or the combat's not the greatest. I like the sidescrolling and spaceship bits more than the 3d action combat.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12585 on: May 11, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

I finally started "The Last of Us" and regretted the difficulty level I chose.

I'm really liking the story, but the combat is routinely pissing me off. (Especially the "how to sneak even sneakier" tip, which does not appear to work, although also there's no way to tell if I'm doing it).

Mostly it's those goddamn Clickers though. I enjoy the levels against people more -- sneaking around and ambushes and such.

I'm with ya. After feeling like a goddess playing through Horizon Zero Dawn (hardly ever died in that game) The Last of Us was a rude shock. I've hardly gotten through one encounter without dying after being a few hours in. I like the story, but I apparently suck at both sneaking and fighting in it.

I did save up enough points that I have some chance of shiving the clickers, if I can keep the shivs in stock...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12586 on: May 12, 2018, 12:36:16 AM

I hate stealth games but Last of Us was just SO great that I did not care about the parts I usually wouldn't like.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12587 on: May 12, 2018, 03:52:40 AM

Yeah, it’s one of the few games that’s greater than the sum of its parts.  I mean, it was fun and I love stealth games.   In the end though, it was the setting and plot arc that made the game.  I’m fairly annoyed they are doing a sequel since I can’t think of any scenario where it doesn’t degrade the first game.  I’ve been very wrong by before though, so here’s hoping.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #12588 on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:29 PM

My first review of Pillars of Eternity 2 - Deadfire

The import function from Pillars of Eternity is a hot mess. I'll keep away from that until they fix it for the choices I made in Pillars of Eternity.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12589 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:52 PM

Shadow of War has a free trial of it, which I found out when it went on sale and I thought 'oh, that.'

So I thought I'd play the trial.

And it's 91Gb.

Will it even be downloaded in 3 days ?  Stay tuned to not give a fuck.

Seriously, though, 91Gb.  What the fuck happened to games.  Used to be able to fit a good game on a fucking cassette.  Jesus.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12590 on: May 17, 2018, 12:51:15 PM

Asset optimization is for pussies, bro.  why so serious?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #12591 on: May 17, 2018, 01:50:15 PM

Seriously, though, 91Gb.  What the fuck happened to games.  Used to be able to fit a good game on a fucking cassette.  Jesus.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12592 on: May 17, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

I guess I haven't console gamed in a while because my arm went numb playing God of War last night. That was... interesting. Something about the PS4 controller is not working ergonomically with me, or I'm just mashing that much more buttons. I don't remember having any such issue when I was using the pro-controller on the Switch.

Other than that, the game is pretty great. Who'd have thunk that a God of War game would have this level of story and general feeling attached to it. Gameplay is really good too, especially when you unlock some more options.

I think I'm finally getting to the point where toxicity is seeping into my ARAM games in LoL. Seems like a lot of the time I'm with a premade or players that truly believe they are better than the garbage they're playing. I'd like to explain to them that if I'm terrible at this game, then quite possibly they are too, since somehow you got matched with me.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12593 on: May 17, 2018, 04:05:29 PM

I guess I haven't console gamed in a while because my arm went numb playing God of War last night. That was... interesting. Something about the PS4 controller is not working ergonomically with me, or I'm just mashing that much more buttons. I don't remember having any such issue when I was using the pro-controller on the Switch.
The default God of War controls are "trigger happy". I find that irritates my finger tendons more than games that emphasize mashing the face buttons with my thumb.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #12594 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36:09 PM

Something about the PS4 controller is not working ergonomically with me, or I'm just mashing that much more buttons.
My problem seems to be ergonomic. I thought I was just getting old on the PS4, then I went back to the PS2 and SNES for giggles and even on the button-mashy titles I was able to play for hours without having any numbness... My one "damn I'm old" moment with controllers seems to be if I have to hold them any higher than my lap...
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12595 on: May 17, 2018, 06:41:45 PM

I get that with the Switch. The screen is too small so I have to hold it somewhat close to my face and my arms bend too long. I sometimes get around it by using the Pro Controller with the unit undocked. I really wish they made a model with a larger screen, maybe iPad sized.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12596 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:50 AM

While exiled from my pc, I am playing Metal Gear Solid 5. Just one more example of me damn hating stealth games but being hooked by the incredible quality of everything.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12597 on: May 18, 2018, 12:09:55 PM

Picked up State of Decay 2. I'd planned on playing on xbox, but I downloaded it on the PC and it keeps giving my min spec warnings about my cpu  why so serious?

Runs fine so far, and it seems like more of the same (in a good way but also some jank&bug). First game kind of frustrated me, but I've played a bit of Kingdom Death: Monster since then, so the idea of growing the settlement at the expense of individual survivors is now my normal mode.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12598 on: May 20, 2018, 03:30:40 PM

Something about the PS4 controller is not working ergonomically with me, or I'm just mashing that much more buttons.
My problem seems to be ergonomic. I thought I was just getting old on the PS4, then I went back to the PS2 and SNES for giggles and even on the button-mashy titles I was able to play for hours without having any numbness... My one "damn I'm old" moment with controllers seems to be if I have to hold them any higher than my lap...

Just finished up God of War. The main issue I had with controls was constantly pressing the left analog stick to run. They should have just made running the default speed. Plus it contributed to accidentally activating Spartan Rage on a pretty regular basis.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12599 on: May 21, 2018, 02:14:02 AM

One would have thought that Spartan Rage would be Kratos's default state, based on previous games.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: