Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172947 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11935 on: July 22, 2017, 12:10:29 PM

I've been fooling around Skyrim mods and stuff so I want to talk to you about boobies.  I go to a mod that looks as if it might be interesting... especially the mods that add quests and content, etc, but also mods that give you interesting armour or weapons, make things weightless or change them in other ways, etc.  Fun things.  As I peruse the images I notice that most of them seem to have women with boobies that are totally and impossibly huge and barely covered.  Ok, I understand the barely covered bit but boobs that are jutting out by many many many many many inches, and sometime feet?  Not only is that NOT attractive but it's painful for women to even see them on images!  Nothing breaks a woman's mood more than imagining your boobies getting caught in a cupboard or a drawer or whatever.  Do you guys go insane with the boobie sliders?  If so, fuck off and I hope your dick gets stuck in a mulcher you bastard.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11936 on: July 22, 2017, 12:14:15 PM

Every bit of that post is hot (hot hot).
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11937 on: July 22, 2017, 04:42:13 PM

I just got finished with the main campaign for Sniper Elite 4 (still have some dlc missions to do) that I bought during the Steam summer sale.  It's probably one of the most satisfying shooter games I've played in awhile.  My Steam stats say I've played 24 hours so far but it's probably closer to 20 of actual playing because of idling in the menus.  Each mission can take 2-3 hours if you want to complete all the side missions and find all the collectables.  The shooting is well done and you can adjust how realistic you want it.  Since I'm a casual scrub lord, I put most of the settings on normal but I still found it fairly challenging.  If you're familiar with the series, you know about the kill cam.  Few things are as satisfying as killing someone with a shot to their balls and watching them explode with x-ray vision or hitting a grenade on a dude's belt and watching them explode.  You can try and play the missions by going the stealth route or run and gun.  Either way gets the job done.  If you find it on sale again, I highly recommend playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBf_85ng2Hs
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11938 on: July 23, 2017, 11:13:03 AM

After several months of puttering around with other casual games I finally went back and finished the last badge/achievement in Bejeweled 3.

Now I am going to have to find something else to putter around on....

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #11939 on: July 23, 2017, 12:47:29 PM

I'm playing on a vanilla WoW server. I can't believe how much I like the game in base state.

It really was a gloriously fun game for a long while. They just listened to the part of the fanbase that spoke to their own id rather than listening to their business sense.

I kinda think that their business sense worked out just fine for them.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11940 on: July 23, 2017, 04:00:58 PM

In what way? The game's doing so poorly they don't release sub numbers anymore, and they've done nothing to rekindle the interest they once had. The money they'd make off classic/progression servers alone seems like an astronomical amount they're just leaving on the table.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11941 on: July 23, 2017, 04:57:24 PM

In what way? The game's doing so poorly they don't release sub numbers anymore, and they've done nothing to rekindle the interest they once had. The money they'd make off classic/progression servers alone seems like an astronomical amount they're just leaving on the table.

After like thirteen years of raining gold bricks at Blizzard HQ, sure, it's not doing as well these days.  I even hear it's got fewer subs now than [FATAL ERROR: method successful_MMO() returned a null value]
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #11942 on: July 23, 2017, 05:48:21 PM

I'm pretty sure FF XIV is successful.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11943 on: July 23, 2017, 06:05:54 PM

I'm playing on a vanilla WoW server. I can't believe how much I like the game in base state.

It really was a gloriously fun game for a long while. They just listened to the part of the fanbase that spoke to their own id rather than listening to their business sense.

The base game was built for hardcores from the ground up. It was good, but not great, especially at raid level.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11944 on: July 23, 2017, 06:42:02 PM

25 and 40 man raids, grinding languages, faction grinds...

Vanilla WoW was a serious grind fest.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #11945 on: July 23, 2017, 09:06:27 PM

Yeah, Vanilla was really, really grindy and unfun for non-raiders (also, leveling a character to 60 took literal months)... but still better than everything else out on the market at that time. BC and WOTLK were both significant steps forward, I think.

(I actually think MOP is the second best WOW expansion, fuck the panda haters  DRILLING AND MANLINESS)

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #11946 on: July 23, 2017, 10:55:11 PM

I've been playing a lot of Factorio.

I am terrible at laying out any sort of sensible arrangement that results in a good supply chain.

It's the first game in a while that's engaged my attention, that I want to play when I get home.  So it has that going for it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11947 on: July 24, 2017, 02:09:39 AM

Be very, very careful of Factorio.  It will swallow you whole if you let it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #11948 on: July 24, 2017, 04:13:34 AM

I hit the point in Elder Scrolls Online where some punk started giving me a lecture about how my dps in a vet dungeon needed to come up by 1k and so on. So much for ESO. I'm not doing the whole "I need BIS gear, practice my rotations, take optimization food, etc" schtick again in any MMO. Boring.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11949 on: July 24, 2017, 07:52:41 AM

Yeah I had a similar convo with the people I raid with occasionally in GW2 a couple of weeks ago. I said I was getting Runes of leadership, which mean I can remove conditions with my guardian shouts and the boons from my shouts last 15% longer, and I was treated to a 20 minute constant wall of text about why I should follow the Meta and by not doing it I was fucking up everyone else and reducing my DPS by x%, and how the "experts" had mathematically calculated the best possible setups. Yeah. because my old man reflexes means that I cant instantly dodge shit anymore, and the Meta spits on any kind of toughness or health and only likes MAXIMUM DEEPS. So my I guess DPS while instantly dead would be the best evah!!!

Fuck raiding.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #11950 on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:16 AM

Yeah, the only reason I'd ever put up with it is if I'm playing with a bunch of friends and we're really trying to get to some new tier of content. Not because some random poopsocker in LFG starts demanding this and that from me like he's my boss.

So another MMO down. It was a reasonably decent solo game for a good while. Moving on to Tyranny, which is, ok? There is something about the retro BG2/Icewind Dale interface as it's made a minor comeback that I can't really get into any more. I'm not sure why. I think sometimes it's because I think the abilities/powers borrow too much from MMO-style rotations rather than being more like the old Gold Box/BG etc. where I had a better grasp of the powers I had and the way to use them (including to cheese certain fights).
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #11951 on: July 24, 2017, 01:47:45 PM

*raises eyebrow*

As a boss IRL I would never demand something from an employee.  It's always politely ask, or push gently in the right direction.

I mean, unless you were in deep shit, and I was running a documentation trail on you in case we needed to terminate you.

Someone yelling at people like that in a game is just a plain old asshole.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11952 on: July 24, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

Yeah, the only reason I'd ever put up with it is if I'm playing with a bunch of friends and we're really trying to get to some new tier of content. Not because some random poopsocker in LFG starts demanding this and that from me like he's my boss.

So another MMO down. It was a reasonably decent solo game for a good while. Moving on to Tyranny, which is, ok? There is something about the retro BG2/Icewind Dale interface as it's made a minor comeback that I can't really get into any more. I'm not sure why. I think sometimes it's because I think the abilities/powers borrow too much from MMO-style rotations rather than being more like the old Gold Box/BG etc. where I had a better grasp of the powers I had and the way to use them (including to cheese certain fights).

The MMOisation of single player RPGs is real and crappy. Obsidian are just bad Devs, though.

Crafting is the thing that gets me though, makes sense in a lot of MMOs, but is often just inventory spam you never use that slows down and adds complexity to systems that should be much simpler in singer player.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #11953 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:13 AM

As Kail pointed out, they ran the game in such a way as to make vast amounts of money from it.  They still make substantial amounts of money at relatively little cost to themselves, with the costs of the game amortised loooong ago.  No MMO has ever performed anywhere near as well.  Criticising their business sense for achieving the greatest success in MMO history is, however, kinda typical MMO fan territory ("IF THEY HAD ONLY PANDERED TO ME INSTEAD OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE...")

And they were never going to throw more money "rekindling interest" in what is now an ancient game.  It requires little capex to keep trundling as a cash cow along with those whom Raph Koster's Theory of Fun suggests should have grokked it* and moved on years ago, while a far better ROI can be achieved by moving the same resources onto new game development.  WoW was in diminishing returns territory years ago.  As regards them "leaving money on the table", I guess that they have looked at the same thing you have and have come to a rather different conclusion, again based on ROI, and if I am absolutely forced to decide whether I think they (armed with a team of experienced analysts and business figures with all the necessary data available) or some people on a forum (armed with some really sweet high-end raid gear) are better-placed to make that call, I am going to lean ineluctably towards one side of that choice.

*"Waaaait a second... every level after the first few is essentially the same as the last one with slight changes in graphics and all damage, armour, healing and bonuses multiplied by a gradually reducing factor!"

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11954 on: July 25, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

Heh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11955 on: July 25, 2017, 04:37:05 AM

That's actually what I've been playing lately. I've tried it off and on since the 2.0 relaunch, but after Legion, I'm just burnt out on WoW. XIV at this point has been very refreshing to play, and the XP boost that they ran for the last month or so helped keep my attention span focused on just getting the Main Story Quests done up to Heavensward as a Paladin. Now I'm focusing on a Machinist to continue to the story.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #11956 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:10 AM

That's actually what I've been playing lately. I've tried it off and on since the 2.0 relaunch, but after Legion, I'm just burnt out on WoW. XIV at this point has been very refreshing to play, and the XP boost that they ran for the last month or so helped keep my attention span focused on just getting the Main Story Quests done up to Heavensward as a Paladin. Now I'm focusing on a Machinist to continue to the story.

I also started FFXIV again this spring having last played it around the original launch (I still have the CE box for that somewhere). It's been interesting to see how much it has improved over the years (Noclip's documentary on the subject was surprisingly good).
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #11957 on: July 26, 2017, 03:07:46 PM

Been on a bit of a RPG binge lately, after slogging through Dragon Age: Inquisition (I'd echo the comment on single player games being MMO-fied), decided to try Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark and Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.

Hordes of the Underdark was dissapointing, but Mask of the Betrayer was brilliant. It's probably the game that I've played that's closest to Planescape: Torment, and I imagine it's one a lot of people have overlooked.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11958 on: July 27, 2017, 10:54:23 AM

Still playing Breath of the Wild. Started playing Tyranny, but the pull to do every shrine brought me back. I don't think I'm insane enough to try for every Korrok seed.

Tyranny seems neat, although the early game sections of these new style Baldur's Gates can be a bit tedious, even with all of Tyranny's interesting choice based world setup.

My game of the year choice is going to be a hard one. The craftsmanship and style of Persona 5 probably pulls it ahead. While BOTW is a lot of fun and probably the best Zelda game I've played; there's a lot I find issue with and a lot of potential missed. It could have been so much better than what it it is with just a few tweaks.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11959 on: July 27, 2017, 11:13:59 AM

Persona 5 is definitely my pick for Game of the Year material. It's just that damn good.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11960 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:03 PM

Dipping my toes into PUBG with my brother in duo.  The format is brilliant, even if the actual game is a bit janky.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11961 on: July 28, 2017, 11:52:13 AM

I started and finished Hexcells in two days.

Working on Horizon, FFXII Zodiac.  My 7Days partner is AWOL.  I need to figure out where the game is in Elite.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11962 on: July 28, 2017, 01:19:20 PM

Dipping my toes into PUBG with my brother in duo.  The format is brilliant, even if the actual game is a bit janky.

Everything about the game is fantastic except the type of meta it encourages.  I'm hoping they find a way to alter that to reward risk more.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11963 on: July 28, 2017, 04:04:01 PM

Dipping my toes into PUBG with my brother in duo.  The format is brilliant, even if the actual game is a bit janky.

Everything about the game is fantastic except the type of meta it encourages.  I'm hoping they find a way to alter that to reward risk more.

We started out conservative/hidey, but all that meant was that whoever ganked us had a big stash to plunder.  Ever since we went more aggressive, we've both had more fun and gotten more kills - being the aggressor lets us dictate when and how the fight starts, even if we don't always win.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #11964 on: July 28, 2017, 07:49:14 PM

I've been fooling around Skyrim mods and stuff so I want to talk to you about boobies.  I go to a mod that looks as if it might be interesting... especially the mods that add quests and content, etc, but also mods that give you interesting armour or weapons, make things weightless or change them in other ways, etc.  Fun things.  As I peruse the images I notice that most of them seem to have women with boobies that are totally and impossibly huge and barely covered.  Ok, I understand the barely covered bit but boobs that are jutting out by many many many many many inches, and sometime feet?  Not only is that NOT attractive but it's painful for women to even see them on images!  Nothing breaks a woman's mood more than imagining your boobies getting caught in a cupboard or a drawer or whatever.  Do you guys go insane with the boobie sliders?  If so, fuck off and I hope your dick gets stuck in a mulcher you bastard.

Well. In my modded Skyrim...I usually just send Beth to the milking machine to lower the size if it gets too big.
And then sell off the milk or use it as healing potion in combat. It's pretty cool.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11965 on: July 29, 2017, 06:56:24 AM

Jesus man its a 13 year old game, that its even around is a massive fucking success.

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11966 on: July 29, 2017, 11:15:50 AM

Does it still require a sub?  It's been AGES since I played and so far I haven't felt nostalgic or anything about it.  Who knows, though, that might change.  I do, however, feel a yearning for CoH now and then.  It was my go to and I had a LOT of fun playing it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11967 on: July 29, 2017, 06:01:05 PM

Does it still require a sub?  It's been AGES since I played and so far I haven't felt nostalgic or anything about it.  Who knows, though, that might change.  I do, however, feel a yearning for CoH now and then.  It was my go to and I had a LOT of fun playing it.

I still miss Warhammer from time to time.  Probably the most fun MMO classes I've ever played.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11968 on: July 30, 2017, 11:43:16 AM

I miss shadowbane, but at least i'll get to scratch that itch eventually since Crowfall is actually looking like it might actually come out at some point.

I am the .00000001428%
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11969 on: July 30, 2017, 04:44:10 PM

D3 Season 11 with a necro. Because there's a pet to get and I'm a sucker for pets. I'll probably stop again before a week is up but if anyone wants a PL to 70 and I'm playing, let me know.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: