Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172790 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #70 on: October 05, 2005, 06:48:17 AM

I didn't see BotF on the underdogs, but I did see a link to Star Control 2...and they have an OSX port (and linux, yada yada).

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #71 on: October 05, 2005, 10:43:46 AM

You know, maybe I have been living under a rock, but I wasn't particularly aware of Star Control or it's sequels until I looked them up on Underdogs just now.  I'd heard the names used, but I couldn't have told you how they played.  Looking at the write-up for Ur-Quan, and the fact that it's free, I believe I shall snag it once my BotF kick runs out.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #72 on: October 05, 2005, 10:54:12 AM

SC1 was great fun against another guy back in college.  I reinstalled it a few years back because I picked-up a $9.99 SSI  package with SC1, 2, Galactic Conquest and something else at Best Buy.. it just wasn't as much fun as I remembered.  The pterodactyl people and the UrQuan were still pretty good, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #73 on: October 10, 2005, 10:27:49 AM

I happened to find a copy of the Gamecube game Eternal Darkness for $10 the other day at CompUSA and bought it. So since my computer died, I'm currently enmeshed in that beautiful piece of gaming luv.

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #74 on: October 10, 2005, 10:34:46 AM

I think that's what we paid for our copy. Being October n'all, it's fun to play something scary. I'm attempting to get all the way through Silent Hill 4 now, and it really fucking freaks me out. Last time we made the mistake of taking the doll, and died of insanity in our room after exhausting all the candles (I say "we" because I was too scared to play so made Sauced play while I watched, clutching his arm). THAT won't be happening again!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #75 on: October 10, 2005, 10:41:31 AM

I found a UNIX joke in Ur-Quan Masters last week.  Kickass.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 10, 2005, 01:24:55 PM

MMORPGS:
---Shadowbane about 3 days a week

MMOs:
---BF2 (on a month, off a month)

Other:
---Rome Total War (I can't get enough)

Interested in:
CoV
Pirates of the Burning Sea

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 10, 2005, 03:18:20 PM

Oh, now I'm playing the DnD online beta.

My World of Warcraft return fell flat on its face due to a few days of away from the computer. 3 days off from WoW, and my desire to play hit absolute zero.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #78 on: October 10, 2005, 03:53:23 PM

I've been playing insane amounts of Mount and Blade.  Best 12 dollars I think I've ever spent.

My World of Warcraft return fell flat on its face due to a few days of away from the computer. 3 days off from WoW, and my desire to play hit absolute zero.

I've started hitting "Mark As Read" on the WoW forum now.  An expansion and another half year of rampant mudlfation and I'll never have the desire to load it up again.  Kind of feels good to be clean. 

-Rasix
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 11, 2005, 03:32:42 AM

Playing

Sims2
Civ3

Awaiting
Civ 4
Football Manager 2006
The Movies
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: October 11, 2005, 03:39:56 AM

Mount&Blade is the only game I'm playing atm.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 11, 2005, 07:04:43 AM

Thanks to Furiously's prompting, I'm playing Bloodlines again.

Unfortunately the hack didn't work for me, and the 'fixed' engine.dll was only available to fileplanet subbers (boo!).

So I said fuck it and just hex edited the dll myself. I feel very geeky, I haven't hex edited since using my fastload cartridge on my c64. But it works great! Bloodlines in 1280x720, selectable from the ingame menu!

I only wish there were a way to skip the first section of game that I've seen about a dozen times now...

Oh, and Resident Evil 0 on Teh Cube. We were lounging around the bed saturday, my cube is on the bedroom tv (no component cables), so I just flipped it on and started playing. She didn't tell me to turn it off, and actually enjoyed watching, so I got back into it. I had only just made it to the mansion, so there's a lot left. I like RE, I'm all about the vibe.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 07:18:52 AM by Sky »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #82 on: October 11, 2005, 08:07:15 AM

You people make me feel less like a gamer everyday.

Currently Playing:

World of Warcraft (Can't get enough of that basin)
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 11, 2005, 02:40:27 PM

Im currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete.  Never messed with the campaigns back in the day.  They are pretty fun.
Hell, the whole game is awesome.

That, and Capcom's arcade collection.  Ive completed Commando, Final Fight, Son Son, Street Fighter 2, and Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition so far. I want to complete SF2 Turbo this week, and maybe 1943.   The latter I have played, but without continuing just to see how far I can make it.  Which is pretty far, unlike Final Fight, which was continue city.  Stupid overly hard arcade games.   And I FEAR trying to complete Ghosts & Goblins, Ghouls & Ghosts, and Super Ghouls & Ghosts.  Those games got NO love for the player.

And Taito's collection comes out on the 25th, which means Bubble Bobble and Elevator Action goodness.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #84 on: October 11, 2005, 05:01:28 PM

OMG I played the shit outta some Bubble Bobble when I was a kid.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #85 on: October 11, 2005, 05:18:04 PM

Well, my best friend in WOW was really busy with RL stuff for a couple weeks...

I made the mistake of stopping playing until he came back.

Noticed he wasn't really showing up even after the 2 week thing was over.

Turned out he was taking a break and playing Sims 2.

So now I am too. Bought the new Nightlife expansion, and downloaded the latest de-censor patch ;)

Oddly, my characters tend to default to "none" for gender preference?

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Descended
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 12, 2005, 05:53:59 AM

X-Men Legends II, almost exclusively.  Played it through twice solo, and mostly through a multiplayer game with a friend.  This weekend should feature four person multiplayer x-men instead of the usual Settlers of Catan and Puerto Rico showdowns.

My mainstays, MTG Online and WoW, are on pause.  MTGO until Ravinica comes out at the end of the month, and WoW until I get the urge to login and Sinister Strike things over and over.  Or I get someone to start new characters with me.

I've somehow become excited about Civ IV.  I think it was the no-crossing-borders-when-not-hostile thing I read about.  I believe the area of control implementation in Rise of Nations was the biggest advancement in RTSes since Chris Taylor implemented out-of-factory waypoints and patrolling in Total Annihilation.  An area of control implementation in Civ will (hopefully) fix the biggest complaint I had as a (somewhat sucky) Civ III player:  controlling your borders was ridiculous -- what peace time nation posts the majority of their firepower to march up and down their borders simply to keep their neighbor's settler caravans from flooding into their neck of the continent?  I swear, every time I saw a little foreign town pop up in a small strip of 'free' territory in the middle of my fricking empire, I was filled with Mindless Rage (tm).

Not waiting for much else other than Supreme Commander and Rise of Legends.

Also have been getting urges to play Final Fantasty Tactics again (for like the 10th time).
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 12, 2005, 06:40:53 AM

You said you wanted a baby pic, so here it is  tongue

She's a girl, if that's not obvious  :-D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:47:15 AM by AlteredOne »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #88 on: October 12, 2005, 07:31:31 AM

She's very tiny.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 12, 2005, 07:45:39 AM

She's very tiny.

Yep that was the first week, and she was only about 7 pounds.  She's been eating at the level of a 6-month-old, so now at 6 weeks she's having quite the growth spurt, around 11 pounds now I think  cool
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #90 on: October 12, 2005, 08:34:07 AM

You do realise, don't you, that all I can see is a smiley with a tongue.  Unless you want me to really believe your wife gave birth to a seven pound baby smiley face, you should fix your picture link for me. 

AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: October 12, 2005, 08:47:54 AM

Hmm, maybe the picture from my guild's web site will work  angry
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #92 on: October 12, 2005, 09:10:31 AM

Much better!

All together now, everyone:

Awwwww....

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 12, 2005, 09:50:32 AM

My "End of Games" comes feb 4th. Supposedly a girl, but we're not 100% sure. It is half azn after all, so it COULD be a boy.

Yikes, if you can't poke fun at yourself what do you have left?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #94 on: October 12, 2005, 10:21:30 AM

Oddly, my characters tend to default to "none" for gender preference?

All characters start out defaulted to none for preference. It changes based on who you flirt with.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 13, 2005, 08:38:59 AM

Goodbye DAoC, Hello M&B.

Head shots 4tw!

COME ON YOU SPURS!
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #96 on: November 08, 2005, 05:39:54 PM

Necrooooooooo!

Hey, so I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil for the first time. S'fun. I actually keep forgetting that since I didn't live with a PS2 until a year ago, there's a shitload of goodies on the rack to keep me busy 'til X-mas. (actually, come to think of it, we haven't even cracked We  Heart Katamari since we got it a coupla months ago)

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: November 09, 2005, 07:37:53 AM

Oh, this thread. Civ IV maybe six hours a week.

Mostly guitar.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #98 on: November 09, 2005, 08:51:47 AM

Time for you all to make fun of me.  I finished Half-Life this past Sunday and have just started up Half-Life 2.  It runs much better than I was afeared it might.  I still don't have a microphone but I might get one if any of you are playing HL2 online and need to hear my voice.  I am sure I have lost every single online FPS chop I have ever had, but whatever.

I was playing Mount & Blade, having a lot of fun, but while working from home I think I must have eaten some bad food because I got the urge to finally play Doom 3 for real.  First time, I didn't even get as far as obtaining the pistol.  This time, I installed Duct Tape and got as far as Alpha Labs before I got the overwhelming desire to play Half-Life.  Single player.  Working+ baby+wife, remember?  HL took over all gaming at that point.

Otherwise juggling Paper Mario, Shadow Hearts and Radiata Stories.  I am surprised at how much I like Radiata, especially considering how much I despise Star Ocean 3.  Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since it really doesn't suck balls like SO3; I attribute this mostly to the less assy combat.  Save points could be closer together.

I also have had a strong urge to play Final Fantasy Tactcs.  Weird.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #99 on: November 09, 2005, 09:18:18 AM

I've been playing this.   I was feeling nostalgic.  I never know what I'm doing but I like the purdy swirly thingys.

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: November 09, 2005, 09:37:11 AM

After playing Day of Defeat Source i had to try the original.  Now I'm spoiled.  DoD:S just doesn't hold a candle to the original.  I play at least 3 times a week and have even had some marathon sessions.  Checkpoint secured!

I had a huge urge to play Quake1 the other day.  I installed my old copy, patched up, and lo and behold there are actually people still playing QW deathmatch.  Woot!  1 on 1 in ultrav is perhaps the greatest deathmatch experience you'll ever have.

I went on a couple 1.5 epic raids in EQ with my good friends last week as well.  God damn I hate EQ now...

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #101 on: November 09, 2005, 12:29:11 PM

Civ IV, a little BF2 or NBA2K6, have barely cracked RE4, and now, the Movies.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #102 on: November 10, 2005, 06:53:33 AM

Whatever's in the X-fire label. Plus I was playing God of War, but I beat it. Damn quick console games these days. I only started last Friday, and had MAYBE 13-15 hours in it.  I might start in on X-2 since the wife doesn't look like she's ever going to complete it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #103 on: November 10, 2005, 07:14:18 AM

- Stuck on WoW

- Finishing up F.E.A.R. so I can move on to Call of Duty 2.

- Putzing around with Mount & Blade.

- Trying to figure out what single player RPG to fire up... made an honest 2nd attempt at Gothic 2, but I just can't seem to get into that. I dunno, it's kind of like Morrowind for me... seems like an mmorpg without other players... I'd rather play an mmo in that case. I thought my issue with Morrowind (which I've now made 4 attempts at starting) was that it was too much reading, but G2 has voice and that didn't help... I have a short attention span.

The odd thing is... a few months ago I expected to be playing an insane amount of Battlefield 2, but I'm not.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #104 on: November 10, 2005, 08:09:39 AM

More Paper Mario while the wife was awake, but I was in a terrible mood yesterday.  I wanted to blow up someone, so when she went to bed I tried to get some HL2 MP going.  Whoops, had to buy Deathmatch separately.  Ten dollars only hurts a little bit if you don't think about it too much.  It took me a little while to figure all this out since the last MPFPS I played was Quake II.  Found the Bat Country HL2 server, and two CTDs later I went back to SP.  I maimed and killed plenty of people, but it was somehow less satisfying knowing that they were just AI.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: