Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2186664 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12845 on: October 24, 2018, 08:29:56 AM

I spent 10 minutes playing the new Assassins Creed (I think it's the latest one?) via a chrome tab with Googles new beta "Project Stream".

It was impressive.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12846 on: October 24, 2018, 09:37:05 AM

Spent about 12 hours last weekend determining the fates of the 60 folks who departed on the Obra Dinn, none of whom were alive on board when the ship returned to port.

From Lucas Pope (Papers, Please), Return of the Obra Dinn is a game of deduction, providing you with a journal with crew and passenger manifest, route map, deck plans, sketches of people, and a magical pocket watch which allows you to observe the moment of a person's depth.  Your job: determine the identity and fate of all 60 crew and passengers.  The game gives you all the information you need and I highly recommend avoiding spoilers or walkthroughs.

On top of all that, it's presented in glorious 1bpp stippled rendering, reminiscent of classic macintosh games (but rendered realtime), which is nifty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILolesm8kFY

https://obradinn.com/

I have been waiting for this for a long time after trying the demo years ago. I did not know it was finally out, I am headed to buy it right now.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12847 on: October 24, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

Spent about 12 hours last weekend determining the fates of the 60 folks who departed on the Obra Dinn, none of whom were alive on board when the ship returned to port.

From Lucas Pope (Papers, Please), Return of the Obra Dinn is a game of deduction, providing you with a journal with crew and passenger manifest, route map, deck plans, sketches of people, and a magical pocket watch which allows you to observe the moment of a person's depth.  Your job: determine the identity and fate of all 60 crew and passengers.  The game gives you all the information you need and I highly recommend avoiding spoilers or walkthroughs.

On top of all that, it's presented in glorious 1bpp stippled rendering, reminiscent of classic macintosh games (but rendered realtime), which is nifty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILolesm8kFY

https://obradinn.com/

This is on my list for Thanksgiving break. It looks amazing and is well reviewed.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12848 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:40 PM

I've taken up Assassin's Creed Egypt again.  Odyssey is installed but must wait.

I went back into Conan Exiles last night and mined some more iron, but what I really need to do is explore and find some adventure to cut this crafting hump I've been working on.  Unfortunately I don't see a way to effectively adventure without establishing an outpost, and that is where I start seeing myself spend lots of time base-building and less time hearing lamentations.

Still in a slump since I (mostly) finished Mad Max.

Generally too busy to play, which is sad.  My other hobbies are terrible.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12849 on: October 26, 2018, 12:26:13 PM

I've gotten kind of burned out on Conan so I started GTAV on the PS4. Christ but the controls for driving are just shitty. Maybe I'm spoiled by having played a good bit of Gran Turismo Sport lately but the driving is just bad. So far, I don't feel like the characters are such unlikable dicks (which is the criticism I hear so much about this game). The world itself is gorgeous as is the sound design. The shooting is also crappy but I expected that since 1) it's on a console and 2) it's a GTA game.

I also started up the Tactical Legacy DLC for X-Com 2 and holy shit is that some awesome fun.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12850 on: October 26, 2018, 12:27:51 PM

I suppose you haven't gotten to Trevor yet.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12851 on: October 26, 2018, 12:56:06 PM

I suppose you haven't gotten to Trevor yet.

Ha.  Trevor was my favorite, tbh.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12852 on: October 26, 2018, 01:00:10 PM

He definitely grew on me, but if I were to rate characters according to "generally unlikable" then he would probably top the list.  Or his underlings maybe, like fucking Ron or Wade.

Wade always reminded me of Brak from the Space Ghost talk show.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12853 on: October 26, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

Yeah, I just finished the first "my boat got stolen" mission with Michael and Franklin.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12854 on: October 27, 2018, 05:22:02 AM

It's what really broke my desire to play the game: I just hated spending time with any of the characters.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12855 on: October 27, 2018, 07:01:47 PM

Perhaps unsurprisingly, RDR2 and some Forza Horizon 4.  When I've spent enough time in gritty Western land, it's nice to blast around fake England in a powder blue Ford RS200 to fun music.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12856 on: October 27, 2018, 09:27:59 PM

For the last 2 weeks I've been playing the daily HOTFIX game of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Havn't meet too many bugs, but apparently they await me in a chapter or two (I'm at chapter 3 or 4) and might make the game unplayable before the end. I've failed one of my companion's quests by  but not too many beyond that. YET.

Chaotic good actually works sometimes to be able to say "No you're WRONG and I'm not going to do that". Also a lot of the quests probably have quicker resolutions and less NPC's getting killed in the long term if you choose the evil path because good is dumb and lawful evil WILL make the trains run on time. Chaotic evil just kills everyone you meet.

THIS is the true contender for the Baldur's Gate throne. I'm enjoying it, just change the difficulty level and maybe wait 6 months of you care about bugs THAT much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 09:33:26 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
schild
Administrator

Reply #12857 on: October 28, 2018, 06:13:53 AM

Considering the Baldurs Gate throne is currently occupied by Planescape,  are you sure this competes?
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12858 on: October 28, 2018, 06:50:16 AM

I'm still with Kingmaker. Occasionally I get stuck on a bug and I read up and there's some hilarious work-around--NPC won't talk to you in your capital? Go in the tavern and come out again and you can talk to them! But I'd be lost if I was trying to play without looking shit up--the quests are sometimes wildly counterintuitive in terms of what the next step is.

I am having a serious problem with stability in my kingdom in part because I didn't have a Warden for a while. I still don't have a mage and a spymaster, and I have no idea how I get to have them, really.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #12859 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:22 AM

I am having a serious problem with stability in my kingdom in part because I didn't have a Warden for a while. I still don't have a mage and a spymaster, and I have no idea how I get to have them, really.

You have to get your current advisors to a certain level, I think it's level 3, to unlock their counterpart. When the game is working that is. So as an example, your Warden should have unlocked shortly after you did the event that ranked your general up to level 3.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12860 on: October 29, 2018, 05:05:13 AM

Red Dead Redemption II.  There's a love/hate brewing here.  Possibly I'm doing it wrong.  Or maybe not, since I really fucking hate those O'Driscolls.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12861 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:48 AM

I bought the Grim Dawn expansion that came out a year ago. Playing through as a Necro/Inquisitor (the two new classes). Fun game still.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12862 on: October 29, 2018, 05:44:58 PM

Oh Kingmaker, I so want to finish and quit you. I have to finish but there is stuff that is driving me nuts. It's like a pen-and-paper with a DM who is a gifted storyteller but a complete asshole about rules. Like, fuuuuuuck sitting around a battle after you've cast web waiting the ten + REAL MINUTES it takes to wear off so you can talk to an NPC or whatever.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12863 on: October 30, 2018, 02:16:02 AM

Wow.  That sounds... pretty shit.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12864 on: October 30, 2018, 06:07:54 AM

I can't even tell if it's an intentional mechanic or a bug. The late game is much more buggy than the early game--you will arrive at a place where an NPC is supposed to be, not there, go away, quit and relog and it'll appear only you won't be able to interact, then you go inside somewhere with a loading screen and come back and you can suddenly interact again. An NPC in my kingdom who died a long time ago has reappeared as one of my ministers (and he's not undead). Etc. But I'm pretty sure the "spell effects continue after the end of the battle" is more like "bad mechanic" than bug. I just had some characters get hit with a prismatic spray that never wore off until they died--I couldn't attack them and speed the death up (even fireballs dropped on them didn't really do it), I couldn't dispel it or heal it, and they died one very slow tick at a time. I had a chance to explore pretty much the entire rest of a map while waiting for them to die.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12865 on: October 30, 2018, 07:28:15 AM

Can't bring myself to rush through the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. Game is just too damned good.

So RDR2 sits on the hdd while I enjoy running around in the snow hunting giant robot dinosaurs a bit longer.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #12866 on: October 30, 2018, 07:34:42 AM

I can't even tell if it's an intentional mechanic or a bug. The late game is much more buggy than the early game--you will arrive at a place where an NPC is supposed to be, not there, go away, quit and relog and it'll appear only you won't be able to interact, then you go inside somewhere with a loading screen and come back and you can suddenly interact again. An NPC in my kingdom who died a long time ago has reappeared as one of my ministers (and he's not undead). Etc. But I'm pretty sure the "spell effects continue after the end of the battle" is more like "bad mechanic" than bug. I just had some characters get hit with a prismatic spray that never wore off until they died--I couldn't attack them and speed the death up (even fireballs dropped on them didn't really do it), I couldn't dispel it or heal it, and they died one very slow tick at a time. I had a chance to explore pretty much the entire rest of a map while waiting for them to die.

From what I've read, spell effects sticking around after combat is intentional, though the amount of time the spell lasts seems to vary.  Whether that's a bug, or just some internal DC check that the spell is failing, I don't know.  The web traps in the Old Sycamore would last anywhere from 2-3 minutes up to around 10 minutes in one instance.  I've had the same variance with my own spells as well.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12867 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:41 AM

Oh Kingmaker, I so want to finish and quit you. I have to finish but there is stuff that is driving me nuts. It's like a pen-and-paper with a DM who is a gifted storyteller but a complete asshole about rules. Like, fuuuuuuck sitting around a battle after you've cast web waiting the ten + REAL MINUTES it takes to wear off so you can talk to an NPC or whatever.

What the actual fuck?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12868 on: October 30, 2018, 09:22:20 AM

From what I've read, spell effects sticking around after combat is intentional, though the amount of time the spell lasts seems to vary.  Whether that's a bug, or just some internal DC check that the spell is failing, I don't know.  The web traps in the Old Sycamore would last anywhere from 2-3 minutes up to around 10 minutes in one instance.  I've had the same variance with my own spells as well.

Yeah, web and a few other AOE spells will just last and last and last. I guess in some sense if you were insanely careful you could use that to set up a big trap on higher difficulty levels--say two areas of web spells, then send in a PC who has a freedom of movement spell or weapon to kite all the monsters into it, then have everyone unload with spells and archery. But I don't think it's really intentional like that--it's just a dully literal approach to drawing from the Pathfinder rules.

The basic story set-up is a very smart one, which is part of what keeps me going--it's a really nice idea for a fantasy setting where you're trying to explain why there are so many ruins and why the land itself is not claimed despite being surrounded by rivalrous kingdoms and baronies.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12869 on: October 30, 2018, 09:37:19 AM

Red Dead Redemption II.  There's a love/hate brewing here.  Possibly I'm doing it wrong.  Or maybe not, since I really fucking hate those O'Driscolls.

The first few hours after the world opens up, I got a bunch of O'Driscoll ambush encounters too.  They fell off after about the third or fourth and become pretty trivial once you upgrade dead eye a few times and get a second pistol.

Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12870 on: October 30, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

Can't bring myself to rush through the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. Game is just too damned good.

So RDR2 sits on the hdd while I enjoy running around in the snow hunting giant robot dinosaurs a bit longer.

Once you complete the main story you get the option to restart the game from level one, but apparently you keep all your levels and stuff.

I haven't done that, since curbstomping everything within ten miles of the starter village just doesn't seem that fun. I guess the idea is to increase the difficulty to keep the challenge.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12871 on: October 30, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

I just left off the main storyline at what I'm guessing a moment I'm guessing is close to the end (I've been wrong a couple times already) and went to finish off the DLC and then just crush the ending of the main game.

And again, not feeling any reason to rush through a great game. Actually slowing down a bit and getting into it again. Such a great game for just plonking around.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12872 on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

Playing Obra Dinn with the girlfriend when time permits so we can put our heads together on the mystery bits.

Overwatch on my own, because Halloween skins won't grind themselves.

Just picked up "Valley" on Steam sale, will report back.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12873 on: October 30, 2018, 01:50:17 PM

Haven't grabbed RDR2 yest because I'm actually enjoying AC:Odyssey. Which really surprised me because I've never gotten past 3 hours in to any of the previous ACs.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #12874 on: October 30, 2018, 04:14:48 PM

MapleStory 2. As KMMO's go, it's not the worst.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12875 on: October 30, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

You doing keyboard or controller (+keyboard)?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #12876 on: October 31, 2018, 09:24:10 AM

I've been doing controller and it works fine, though I haven't given the keyboard controls a fair shot yet. Sometimes I feel like my inputs get dropped but that's probably lag/hitstun and not the controller's fault. I like being able to move in more than 8 directions since I'm playing a Thief and I go splat if I fuck up my positioning in the slightest.

Currently gearing up for hard mode dungeons as Fiesse on US West.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #12877 on: October 31, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

Does Green vs. Purple count as a currently playing?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12878 on: November 05, 2018, 08:43:54 AM

Ramping up in Warframe again.  Got Umbra, put a forma on my Amprex, found a good fishing spot.  Have a Mirage in the oven.  Need more argon.

Some No Man's Sky as well.  Already getting tired of it again, but I found a planet that isn't trying to kill me.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12879 on: November 05, 2018, 09:35:30 AM

RDR2 mostly. I spent an hour last night hunting. I also snagged a new horse in the process.  Had a funny series of events where I: killed a bandit that had just killed two people on a wagon, killed a wagon driver that was going to report me for that murder (he was shooting at me also), killed 2 guys that were trying to kill me for whatever reason, then just booked it out there. Ended up being just a $7.50 fine. OK.

I'll probably end up playing this for months. I'm having fun just being a cowboy and getting nothing done in particular. I do a story mission every once in a while, but it's not a focus at all. 

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: