Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2186201 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12880 on: November 05, 2018, 01:37:26 PM

RDR2 mostly. I spent an hour last night hunting. I also snagged a new horse in the process.  Had a funny series of events where I: killed a bandit that had just killed two people on a wagon, killed a wagon driver that was going to report me for that murder (he was shooting at me also), killed 2 guys that were trying to kill me for whatever reason, then just booked it out there. Ended up being just a $7.50 fine. OK.

I'll probably end up playing this for months. I'm having fun just being a cowboy and getting nothing done in particular. I do a story mission every once in a while, but it's not a focus at all. 

Waiting for the Carnival Worker reskin.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12881 on: November 06, 2018, 09:04:59 AM

Also tooling around in RDR2, not paying much attention to the story. I do have to progress it a bit more and get my fishing pole.

I'm trying to roleplay it a bit, based on Arthur's dialog. I read it as: he means well, but is also aware he's a bad guy. Then last night I ride past a guy sluicing gravel by the river. I watched him for a while and finally he finds a nugget...and I couldn't help but shoot him and take it. Man's got his limits, after all.

The old lady is amused that I keep slipping into Arthur's voice (she thinks I'm doing the guy from the Big Lebowski, though).
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12882 on: November 06, 2018, 09:20:18 AM

Also tooling around in RDR2, not paying much attention to the story. I do have to progress it a bit more and get my fishing pole.

I'm trying to roleplay it a bit, based on Arthur's dialog. I read it as: he means well, but is also aware he's a bad guy. Then last night I ride past a guy sluicing gravel by the river. I watched him for a while and finally he finds a nugget...and I couldn't help but shoot him and take it. Man's got his limits, after all.

The old lady is amused that I keep slipping into Arthur's voice (she thinks I'm doing the guy from the Big Lebowski, though).

I know you guys hate Penny-Arcade, but

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2018/11/05/inflection
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12883 on: November 06, 2018, 09:55:16 AM

Two of the kids at work are playing. It's definitely catching.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #12884 on: November 06, 2018, 10:27:34 AM

People hate Penny Arcade?  huh
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12885 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:59 AM

Yes.  Because the two guys who make Penny Arcade surprised us all by being unbelievable fuck muppets.  It was a shocker.

In related news, just finished Dishonored.  What a fun wee murder simulator, but by God it's short.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12886 on: November 06, 2018, 11:10:18 AM

Yes.  Because the two guys who make Penny Arcade surprised us all by being unbelievable fuck muppets.  It was a shocker.

Also because they haven't produced any even remotely funny work in most of the last decade.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12887 on: November 06, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

What did they do/say? I haven't found them particularly funny in ages, but I didn't know they were cunts.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #12888 on: November 06, 2018, 01:25:23 PM

It's all downhill from dickwolves iirc.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12889 on: November 06, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Discussing RDR at work, female coworker gets into the accent thing. Then asks 'what's Redneck Redemption', so now I feel that's what the game should be called.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12890 on: November 06, 2018, 03:58:02 PM

It's all downhill from dickwolves iirc.

Yeah, broadly this.  Refusing to own a rape joke.  It would have pretty much been over then and it was a relatively minor thing, but once it happened they just wouldn't stop.  Anything that was even remotely controversial, Gabe just decided to stick his dick into.  Women are horrid.  Trans people are wrong and sick.  Bullies are awful, but only because I was a bully and I'm on my meds and it's ok for me to be a complete cock, all the while Tycho nods sagely in the background using his very wordy words to basically say 'Yeah, fuck you all, my opinion is more important than yours and my friend can say what he likes and we don't have to take responsibility for ANYTHING because, hey, do you know how much money we make and then give to kids ?'

It's like Fucking Wheaton and his sanctimonious shite that's all well and good and great right up until his fuckwit friend Hardwick is outed as an utter cunt and then suddenly he's silent and, oh yeah, goes ahead and deletes his twitter account because he's such a fucking shiny knight of the realm, defender of womens everywhere.  Except if Hardwick is tying them up.  Then, fuck them, I'll just be over here keeping my yap shut and deleting my account because my wife suffered horrid abuse too, didn't you know, so I can't say anything about my fuckwit friend Hardwick.  But he's back on Talking Dead now, but that's ok that he got his show back because Walking Dead is pretty much the description of the viewing figures and Ricks out now too.  Probably because of Hardwick.  The cunt.

And meanwhile, Gabe just won't SHUT THE FUCK UP and his comic style is rapidly disappearing up it's own asshole and starting to look suspiciously like that Ren and Stimpy guy's artwork.  You know.  The one that FUCKED KIDS.

Anyway, long story short, they're not very funny and the world is fucking horrible.

But we're all fine here.  How are you ?

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12891 on: November 06, 2018, 04:36:03 PM

In most of these cases, the simple thing to do is say: I fucked up, sorry, that wasn't funny, sorry. I grant that in cases where it's a very close friend of yours, it might take a bit longer to decide what the right position should be, but not much, once everything becomes clear.

When people don't do the simple thing, resentments naturally and understandably multiply, as they should.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12892 on: November 06, 2018, 04:55:13 PM

In most of these cases, the simple thing to do is say: I fucked up, sorry, that wasn't funny, sorry. I grant that in cases where it's a very close friend of yours, it might take a bit longer to decide what the right position should be, but not much, once everything becomes clear.

When people don't do the simple thing, resentments naturally and understandably multiply, as they should.

Yeah...that doesn't really work well these days.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12893 on: November 06, 2018, 04:58:00 PM

On another note, Diablo 3 on the Switch is really good.  Takes a bit to get use to the controls, esp. the inventory, but it works well and looks great.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #12894 on: November 06, 2018, 07:05:18 PM

On another note, Diablo 3 on the Switch is really good.  Takes a bit to get use to the controls, esp. the inventory, but it works well and looks great.

Goddammit, no. No no no. I have purchased D3 for PC, PS3, PS4 and now I'm considering Switch because playing it in bed under the cover sounds amazing. I did not need to hear that.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12895 on: November 06, 2018, 09:00:42 PM

It's the second best way to play.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12896 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:14 PM

It's the second best way to play.

On your phone is best, ya? awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #12897 on: November 07, 2018, 04:56:27 PM

yea
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12898 on: November 07, 2018, 07:49:34 PM

Goddammit, no. No no no. I have purchased D3 for PC, PS3, PS4 and now I'm considering Switch because playing it in bed under the cover sounds amazing. I did not need to hear that.

The guy in this video explains how playing Diablo on the Switch feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5iiojyYG0Y
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12899 on: November 08, 2018, 07:39:21 AM

Discussing RDR at work, female coworker gets into the accent thing. Then asks 'what's Redneck Redemption', so now I feel that's what the game should be called.

I'm partial to Rooty Tooty Cowboy Shooty.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12900 on: November 10, 2018, 06:39:32 AM

a game called hellsign that looks like some unholy mixture of resident evil and Diablo just hit early access

I'm going to be playing they after the keyforge prerelease today
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #12901 on: November 11, 2018, 08:50:13 AM

I've been stricter on my more casual gaming habits (Overwatch, Rocket League) in an effort to get through my backlog.

Shadowrun Hong Kong - Fun game. I play more story based games nowadays and this definitely has that.
GTA V - Not sure I could say much that hasn't been said before. Really enjoyed it, but there are some difficult bits, like having a near psycopath as a protagonist.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Was enjoying this, but gave up. Gameplay fun, story stupid, Lara surviving fifty million contrived near death situations very stupid.
Zelda: A Link to the Past - Got through a couple of hours. It wasn't bad, just don't think the gameplay is brilliant by modern standards.
Super Mario World - Couldn't cut it. Just got annoyed with the dying and the save system.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #12902 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:06 AM

I keep playing FF4 Free Enterprise lately.

http://ff4fe.com/

Basically it's a full randomizer for the game that changes completely how it plays. You get to pick the degree of randomness and some other aspects, but you start with the airship and have to find your way to zeromus by exploring the dungeons in whatever order you can to collect key items that open up more of the world until you either can get a PASS to go straight to Zeromus or make it through the Lunar Dungeon and beat him the old fashioned way. It's great.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #12903 on: November 11, 2018, 12:04:21 PM

So should I

a) Return to my backlog of half and never played games and finish them up or

b) Pick up another couple of new (to me) games and start them...

I think we all know how this one is going to turn out...

Facepalm
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12904 on: November 12, 2018, 06:35:55 AM

a game called hellsign that looks like some unholy mixture of resident evil and Diablo just hit early access

I'm going to be playing they after the keyforge prerelease today

Aaand?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #12905 on: November 12, 2018, 07:05:11 AM

Looks like "How to Survive" 1 and 2.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12906 on: November 12, 2018, 07:43:56 AM

More RDR2. Learning to Cowboy and things are improving as I adjust my expectations.

Warframe. A big turning point was acquiring an Amprex.  I just put a second forma on it last night and after 2-3 trips to Helene had it back up to 30.  Also have a Limbo Prime coming out of the forge today, after which I can become the most annoying teammate ever.

Son is getting us back into anime.  He introduced us to Konosuba.  Might be the only kid that watches this with his parents.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #12907 on: November 12, 2018, 07:49:26 AM

Just started AC Odyssey. I like it so far. I liked Origins too. It's such an uneven series overall: some of the games that have annoyed me most in my life (Syndicate most recently) and some of the ones that have pleased me most (most of Ezio's AC adventures, except the last one).
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #12908 on: November 12, 2018, 08:37:07 AM

GTA V - Not sure I could say much that hasn't been said before. Really enjoyed it, but there are some difficult bits, like having a near psycopath as a protagonist.

Trevor's introduction (where he beats the protagonist from The Lost and the Damned to death) really sets the tone for that character.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12909 on: November 12, 2018, 01:27:41 PM

Not once have I loaded up RDR2 and found Arthur wearing a dress.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #12910 on: November 12, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

...yet.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #12911 on: November 13, 2018, 04:00:39 AM

Trevor's introduction (where he beats the protagonist from The Lost and the Damned to death) really sets the tone for that character.

The three protagonists of GTA V are supposed to represent the three 3 elements of Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche. Trevor is supposed to be the Id, Michael is supposed to be the Ego and Franklin is supposed to be the Super Ego. That's why Trevor is a sociopath (supposed to represent all of our animalist urges), why Michael is a raging, borderline alcoholic narcissist and why Franklin is supposed to be the glue that holds the trio together.

The main issue is that this makes it so none of them are complete personalities, given that they only represent one aspect of it.
Even bigger issue is that Trevor is supposed to be the comic relief character.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12912 on: November 13, 2018, 05:33:58 AM

So much Magic:Arena.  Sooo Much.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #12913 on: November 13, 2018, 06:05:37 AM

So much Magic:Arena.  Sooo Much.

I'm with you, though my time has been limited.  Any free time I have though I'm in there playing.  It's really tempting to drop a bunch of money so I can make a better variety of decks but so far I've at least convinced myself to wait on artifact and see how that goes first.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12914 on: November 13, 2018, 06:40:33 AM

I'm finding the free stuff and Wildcard mechanic has been plenty for me to amuse myself and, frankly, I've read some disturbing reports of people paying for shit and not getting it, so free shit only for me right now.

The minute they patch in challenges though, let me know and we can fight.  You'll have to get in the queue though, since the wife is dying to hump me with Angels.  Something I'd been waiting to hear for 16 years, but apparently now in digital form.

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: