Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:22:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The News Thread  (Read 135757 times)
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #490 on: December 04, 2006, 09:15:20 AM

I'm trying to forget the bunnygirls, believe me.  Oh, and catgirls are now more catlike now.

Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: December 04, 2006, 09:38:38 AM

I'm trying to forget the bunnygirls, believe me.  Oh, and catgirls are now more catlike now.

People are just playing with their new toon toys.  It'll die off soon.  Hopefully.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Probably not.  Damn.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #492 on: January 06, 2007, 06:30:26 AM

They're bringing back the Winter Event starting tomorrow until the 15th.  So, if you didn't get your santa hat or all the special badges, now's your chance.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: January 06, 2007, 11:04:11 AM

Curses!  PC rebuild plus purchase of Marvel Ultimate Alliance had me finger on the CoX cancellation button, but the winter event draws me back.  It's almost as cool as the Pitfall mini-game in MUA.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #494 on: January 08, 2007, 09:48:45 AM

My sub just ran out. See ya next year!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: January 08, 2007, 10:55:32 AM

I'm disappointed in the belly shirts.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #496 on: January 08, 2007, 11:44:22 AM

Me too.  They're horrible, aren't they?  They should let women and gay men design women's clothing.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #497 on: January 08, 2007, 12:13:49 PM

I envy the lady's shoulder kittens and pandas.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #498 on: January 25, 2007, 03:52:27 PM

I keep forgetting!

Smuggled out of the high tech Cryptic Studios, City of Heroes Warcry has gotten some fresh information on the upcoming Issue 9 expansion, titled "Breakthrough". Click Read More for details.Scheduled for release sometime during Spring 2007, Issue 9 "Breakthough" will introduce new depth and gameplay to the City of game setting. Players will be able to acquire and invent new toys through use of the Invention System in form of Salavage and Invention Recipes. Resulting items may be enhancements, costume pieces, powers, gadgets, and much more.

In addition, Wentworth's Fine Consignments will open up in Paragon City. Serving as auction houses, players will be able to buy and sell all manner of items. In the Rogue Isles, the placement of black market trucks will serve the same purpose, allowing villains to fence and buy their ill gotten goods.

Heroes will receive a new Task Force titled Statesman's Task Force. A high level mission set, this charges up to eight heroes to face and defeat some of Paragon's greatest foes. The reward will be some of the games greatest in return for this monumental achievement.

Both villain and hero alike will also find that the Hamidon has grown ever more powerful. Villains will find a new raid encounter against the gigantic leader of the Devouring Earth while heroes will see the need to change how they have kept the menace in check.

As with all Issue expansions, Issue 9 will be free to all subscribers.

HERE!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: January 25, 2007, 05:58:13 PM

Over and out.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #500 on: January 25, 2007, 07:56:27 PM

Where are my damn new flight animations?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:02 PM

I'm still waiting for my hammer that returns when I throw it as well as summons thunder and lightning.  Oh, and a Stan Lee UI mod that changes all dialogue so each sentence ends with an exclamation point.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #502 on: January 30, 2007, 07:22:50 AM

MAKE MINE TRADEMARKED!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #503 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:42 AM

MAKE MINE TRADEMARKED!

EXCELSIOR!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #504 on: February 12, 2007, 01:16:49 PM

Wasn't there a Valentine's Day event last year?  And didn't it start much earlier?  I want an event!   Heartbreak

Dammit.

Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: February 12, 2007, 06:22:10 PM

Toga!  Toga!  Toga!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #506 on: February 12, 2007, 08:34:05 PM

Wasn't there a Valentine's Day event last year?  And didn't it start much earlier?  I want an event!   Heartbreak

Dammit.

There is a VD event. I expect it to go live this weekend.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #507 on: February 12, 2007, 09:25:30 PM

By VD you mean Valentine's Day, right?  Not venereal disease which is the event that usually comes AFTER Valentine's Day?   undecided

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #508 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:30 PM

By VD you mean Valentine's Day, right?  Not venereal disease which is the event that usually comes AFTER Valentine's Day?   undecided

Now I want to make a defender or the closest CoV analog to a defender (I forget which that'd be..corruptor?) and name him either Scabies or Capt. Pennicilin...

ETA -- The should make the Valentine's day event a double xp week....that'd be luv.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #509 on: February 13, 2007, 06:14:59 AM

Yeah - VD = Valentine's Day.

It's a rehash of the original one, but with more rewards and will be more repeatable afaik.

More I9 info is meant to come out this week to.

Also: no-one has yet mentioned Positron's interview in which he said "no" to a lot of things and "yes" to some other things. Funnily enough, it's the "no" side of the equation that caused spasms on the official forums.

Strazos

Reply #510 on: February 14, 2007, 03:20:05 AM

Oh, my main would Definitely love some Street Fighting if it ever sees the light of day. That is the fighting style I originally envisioned for the character; I settled for DM because it's actually pretty close to what I was looking for, but not quite.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #511 on: February 14, 2007, 07:25:43 AM

It's a rehash of the original one, but with more rewards and will be more repeatable afaik.

I ran through it yesterday.  It takes about an hour or so, I guess.  I think I spent about two hours total fooling around in Pocket D, largely because it took a bit to get a group together.  Each side has two missions to complete.  It's pretty much necessary for each side to do all four missions -- so you need to find a team.  Once you finish those, you get a badge and a temp power.  In addition to that, you can also get the spider smasher badge rather easily.  Those four missions also unlock the DJ Zero mission, which seems to be infinitely repeatable.  Completing it five times gives you several costume piece options, a couple of badges and a gladiator. 

I haven't figured out how to enter the part of Pocket D that requires the "Gold Club card."  I have no idea whether this is a mission, a reward from the gladiator matches, or what.  I am, however, busying myself thinking of silly gimmick characters to make with either the toga, laurel and sandals costume set or with the heart costume set.  I'm tempted to go for an Animal House theme and make Otter or Bluto. 

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #512 on: February 14, 2007, 07:33:05 AM

I haven't figured out how to enter the part of Pocket D that requires the "Gold Club card."  I have no idea whether this is a mission, a reward from the gladiator matches, or what.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/store/goodversusevil/

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #513 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:05 AM

I haven't figured out how to enter the part of Pocket D that requires the "Gold Club card."  I have no idea whether this is a mission, a reward from the gladiator matches, or what.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/store/goodversusevil/

Wow, that's weak.  I buy the wrong code online to get CoV and miss out on some marginally nifty teleportation ability.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #514 on: February 14, 2007, 09:38:19 AM

I never bought that and I use Pocket D all the time.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #515 on: February 14, 2007, 09:41:10 AM

Apparently that version gives you some thing that allows you to TP into Pocket D and quite possibly to anywhere from within it.  (It was explained to me once, but I forget)  I use Pocket D as a shortcut too, but that door was bugging me.  Now that I know it's just a reward for buying the right e-box, I just think it's weak.

Strazos

Reply #516 on: February 14, 2007, 07:34:50 PM

You can buy Just the reward pack as well.

Fear the Backstab!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #517 on: February 14, 2007, 08:11:30 PM

You can buy the code online for $10 and get the Pocket D teleportation power (which makes a difference when you are coming in from Crey's Folly or Peregrine Island or somewhere remote) and a jetpack (which is a 30 second vertical flight power - superspeeders apparently love it and it does come in handy when you want a bit more from superjump). It also gives you some more costume options - Justice and Sinister armours which do look quite nice imo.

As for the VD event, you can do DJ Zero's mission up to 10 times per character. Apparently there is also an easter egg in the NW of that map, but I haven't seen it yet.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #518 on: February 15, 2007, 10:42:59 AM

Worth noting that the Pocket D teleporter has a 30 minute cooldown.

Also, no, you can't teleport to anywhere from Pocket D.  There are 3 zones from which each side can choose to exist.  For villains, you can exit into Sharkhead  Isle, Port Oakes, or St. Martial.  Heroes can exit into Talos Island.....aaaaaaaaand I wanna say King's Row and Founder's Falls.  That could be wrong.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #519 on: February 15, 2007, 11:12:33 AM

Oh, so what's the point of the teleporter?  It gets you TO pocket D?  And then you just use the standard three exit doors? 

Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: February 15, 2007, 01:43:34 PM

Heroes can exit into Talos Island.....aaaaaaaaand I wanna say King's Row and Founder's Falls.  That could be wrong.

You, sir, are correct.  I just found that out before I recently took a hiatus from Co*.  Makes the high-level mission trips not nearly as painful.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #521 on: February 15, 2007, 01:45:58 PM

Heroes can exit into Talos Island.....aaaaaaaaand I wanna say King's Row and Founder's Falls.  That could be wrong.

You, sir, are correct.  I just found that out before I recently took a hiatus from Co*.  Makes the high-level mission trips not nearly as painful.

I think it's Peregrine instead of Founder's.  Since Founder's and Talos are linked, and Founder's isn't too terribly far from the train, it'd not make much sense. 

Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: February 15, 2007, 01:57:04 PM

Making sense?  In an MMORPG?  Are you serious?

I'd bet a small amount of money that it's Talos but I don't have an active account at the moment to check.  The only entrances to Peregrine that I can remember is from the Talos ferry and a teleporter to the Rikti Crash site.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: February 15, 2007, 02:00:21 PM

I think it's Peregrine instead of Founder's.  Since Founder's and Talos are linked, and Founder's isn't too terribly far from the train, it'd not make much sense. 

You're all wrong.  On the hero side it's King's Row, Talos Island, Founders Falls and Faultline.  They put in the new Faultline exit when they redid the zone.

Over and out.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #524 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:38 PM

Oh, so what's the point of the teleporter?  It gets you TO pocket D?  And then you just use the standard three exit doors? 

Yeah, it gets you TO Pocket D.  That's why it's a Pocket D Teleporter.

On most servers, that's basically just a way to get to one of those 3 zones without having to go through many more.  On Virtue, it's an instant ticket to the center of the server's roleplaying community.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: The News Thread  
Jump to: