Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Prince of Persia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Prince of Persia  (Read 3150 times)
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

on: May 06, 2004, 01:37:18 PM

Ubi has announced a another Prince of Persia game, which apparently is currently being called http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/teaser/us/">Prince of Persia 2 despite the fact that it's like the 5th game in the series.  But I digress, Sands of Time was one of the best games I played last year and this one will hopefully be more of the same!

Action-Packed Prince of Persia® 2 (Working Title) Boasts BRAND NEW Free-Form Fighting System

LONDON -May 6, 2004 - Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced that the company's award-winning Montreal studio is currently developing Prince of Persia® 2 (working title), a follow-up to the most critically acclaimed game of 2003, Prince of Persia The Sands of Time™.

The Prince has to embark upon a path of both carnage and mystery to defy his preordained death. His journey leads to the infernal core of a cursed island stronghold harboring mankind's greatest fears.

Only through grim resolve, bitter defiance and the mastery of deadly new combat arts can the Prince rise to a new level of warriorship - and emerge from this ultimate trial with his life.

In order to accomplish his mission, the Prince benefits from a brand new free-form fighting system that allows gamers to channel his anger as they wage battle without boundaries. Each game fan will find his or her own unique fighting style as they manipulate their environment and control the Ravages of Time. You can dig into an arsenal of weapons that, when used in combination, create advanced arm attacks that verge on fatal artistry! Prince of Persia® 2 promises that game fans will fight harder, and play longer, emerging from the experience as deadly-capable skilled masters of their own unique combat art form.

"Prince of Persia The Sands of Time™ was the most critically acclaimed game of 2003," said Yves Guillemot, President and CEO of Ubisoft, "With Prince of Persia® 2, we intend to build on that masterpiece that will take Prince of Persia® one step further to take over the action-combat genre. We will offer you an even higher level of excellence that should once more convince the critics and the public."

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 01:44:13 PM

In order to accomplish his mission, the Prince benefits from a brand new free-form fighting system that allows gamers to channel his anger as they wage battle without boundaries. Each game fan will find his or her own unique fighting style as they manipulate their environment and control the Ravages of Time. You can dig into an arsenal of weapons that, when used in combination, create advanced arm attacks that verge on fatal artistry! Prince of Persia® 2 promises that game fans will fight harder, and play longer, emerging from the experience as deadly-capable skilled masters of their own unique combat art form.

I'm still waiting for a Free Form system of Fighting that uses the analog stick ala NBA Lives Freestyle mode.  You know, you lunge in with A, and thrust into the belly by pushing down slightly on the analog stick, then push X and it turns into a feint, then you push up sharply on the analog stick combined w/ forward on the D pad and you lunge at the guys neck.

Imagine that in Multiplayer form.

But still, PoP was mad fun, and this should be fun too.  And I like fun, don't you?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 02:18:59 PM

I enjoyed POP:SOT (Still havent finished it). But I must say, some of the puzzles got VERY tedious and samey. I wish they would have mixed up the fighting and jumping puzzles a bit. Instead of walking in to a room and being like "Ok, fighting room, or jumping room?"

[hijack] I'll would be more excited if they had announced Beyond Good and Evil 2. [/hijack]
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 08:42:27 AM

Doubt we will see a BG&E game anytime soon.  It sold like shit from what I understand.  It just didn't translate to screenshots at all.

Anyway, PoP was good, but might just warez the next one.  I mean I completed the first one in about 8 hours or so first time through and the damn thing didn't even have a difficulty level making it pointless to play through again.  Game was way too easy and too short.  Actually more too easy than short.  There was  a lot of territory in the game, I can't see streatching that much more, but there was not a single point in the game that I had to replay more than a few times.  The huge elevator at the 'fake' ending was the hardest part of the game and I did that in three tries.  My earlier deaths were just due to a lack of patience, you really can't let yourself take any damage at all and keep reversing time anytime you do, but that got tedius.  Once I agreed internally to do that, I went through without taking any damage at all.

It was a fun game though, but the one feature that would really sell me is a freaking difficulty level slider or something.  speeds up the timing on the traps (all tested to actually be doable though) and makes the baddies harder.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 11:52:20 PM

I was disappointed in PoP:SoT. The time management system was great, but (given all the great reviews)  it seemed to me to be only a bit above average. No replay value either, except to unlock PoP2 (which I still haven't done, so I can't verify if it actually exists).

Not worth paying full price for. It took me 11 hours on the first run through, in between CoH beta bouts.

The in-game narrative was something different though. Not a bad story for a game.

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 07:13:02 AM

Quote from: UnSub
Not worth paying full price for. It took me 11 hours on the first run through, in between CoH beta bouts.

Am I the only person that rents video games anymore?  SoT was great fun, a renter due to lack of lack of replayability, but it was certainly fun that Saturday afternoon I spent beating it!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 10, 2004, 07:39:09 AM

Renting games for me is a pain in the ass.  Our local blockbuster gets them in, they are all rented out.  Travel there 6-7 times, never see the game in.  Kind of give up on it.  Come back a month or two later, they have sold all copies but 1, and that one is perpetually fucking rented out.

Renting games sucks.  They never have anything worth shit to get.  I can tell which games suck by looking at what games have even 1 copy on the shelves of my local blockbuster.  Being in the developing part of town means I have lots of new shiny stores around, but just the new shiney ones.  None of the mom and pop smaller more valuable stores.  Just the corporate giants that can afford to rent out huge areas in the brand spanking new strip malls and mega malls.  My closest two video stores are both blockbusters and they both have shit for selection.

On top of that, when I rent a game, if I don't spend every day of the 7 playing it, I feel like I have wasted my money.  And I never have a week free to do anything anymore.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 10, 2004, 07:42:32 AM

Quote from: cevik

Am I the only person that rents video games anymore?  SoT was great fun, a renter due to lack of lack of replayability, but it was certainly fun that Saturday afternoon I spent beating it!

I hadn't bought a game in a while, and the reviews were so positive...

So I got burnt a little. At least I now have a copy of the original PoP to play whenever I want an hour to kill.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 02:25:47 PM

PoP was alright. It did get a little repetitive but it was somewhat interesting. I never finished it I got distracted by Beyond Good and Evil. I'm like the other poster that'd be much more excited to hear of a sequel to that game. (or Arachronox for PC, a very quirky RPG game that begs for a sequel.)

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: New Prince of Persia  
Jump to: