Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:55:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: In light of there being no cap on supergroups... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In light of there being no cap on supergroups...  (Read 13325 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: May 07, 2004, 01:27:30 PM

bleh not worth the rage and hate, but damn youre fast schild :)
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 01:29:30 PM

Who are you responding too?

Edit: And if it was Tebonas, you should know he has nothing to do with the 6th column, that's me.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 01:45:37 PM

You people have confused me again.  You're terribly good at it.  :(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 01:59:21 PM

Quote from: Signe
You people have confused me again.  You're terribly good at it.  :(

Here, I'll make things easy again:

Let me pull.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: May 07, 2004, 02:02:28 PM

Sky, I kinda liked your rant, and I'm usually not THAT fast, though sometimes yes, itchy trigger finger. But yea, I didn't know what you got all worked up about.....fuck, make up a german word for all I care, this is a comic book name - realistic languages need not apply. I shall name my next toon: Frakschtizaugrau. Maybe not.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 07, 2004, 02:50:28 PM

German words are fun to make up.

Uberliepen
Frein Kranzfround
Der Schwazzlehoppin
Un Kleinzstraut
Ze Ubermeister
Du Hast Me
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #41 on: May 08, 2004, 07:47:28 AM

I should just pick up a Rammstein album, then? Frau Museficken or something?

^^
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #42 on: May 08, 2004, 11:17:15 AM

I call dibbs on Der DosencÖffner

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #43 on: May 08, 2004, 05:40:49 PM

Looks like the 75 member cap is still in according to this thread:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=366996&bodyprev=#Post366996
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 08, 2004, 07:15:28 PM

I probably should have mentioned that the customer service dept doesn't know jack when they refused to add "the" to the beginning of The Nanites name without bothering to mention that you've an option to add it yourself at level 15 when you choose your title.

BTW, The DosencÖffner is now a reality.  Who do I pester for an invite into the "uber" group?

schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: May 08, 2004, 07:23:56 PM

I *think* that is outdated, Sonic.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 08, 2004, 07:58:48 PM

The message is dated today, however.

Either this dev doesn't know they revoked the 75 character limit or the customer service rep was wrong.   My experience suggests the later, but it's really hard to say prior to actually having 75 characters.

edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 13, 2004, 12:08:51 PM

Why all the angst over made up german-ish names for a make-believe game? It's not like he was in Berlin ordering vee-ner-shnits-zull.

Zipper Zee - space noob
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #48 on: May 13, 2004, 08:45:01 PM

How do you say.."I'm a Donut" in German?
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: May 13, 2004, 08:46:00 PM

Think it's right....

Ich bin ein schaumgummiring.

....could be wrong.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 13, 2004, 09:28:51 PM

Quote from: stray
How do you say.."I'm a Donut" in German?

Ich bin ein Berliner.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #51 on: May 13, 2004, 11:49:26 PM

Heh, sorry, but I had to do it..Makes me wonder: What exactly were the Germans cheering at?
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 13, 2004, 11:52:57 PM

Since McDonalds brought Donuts over here, and with the popularity of the Simpsons over here its

Ich bin ein Donut.

Easy, as that :)

Edit: The inhabitants of the city Berlin (now capital of Germany, then part of West Germany surrounded by East Germany) are incidently also called Berliner.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #53 on: May 14, 2004, 04:54:58 PM

So what's happened with all this?  Is there a secret forum/password/handshake?  Or have we binned the whole concept?

Delf
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 17, 2004, 07:30:46 AM

There are four or five characters in the Bazooko's Circus roster and when I logged in with my BC character last night (first time in a week) the other members had similarly long "last logged in" dates. So I guess it hasn't really taken off yet. No separate special forum as far as I know...
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: May 17, 2004, 02:22:12 PM

I just haven't had time to play or invite new members. The sume total of my playing time in the last week has been, I think, 30 minutes. This friday I graduate from college. Bear with me, life precedes MMO's without PVP.
Delf
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 18, 2004, 08:57:35 AM

I figured it was something like that, and I wasn't trying to imply anything, just offering my observations. I've managed only a little playtime myself recently due to RL intrusions.
WayAbvPar

Reply #57 on: May 18, 2004, 09:31:53 AM

Just for the sake of clarity- who are the folks that can invite people into the SG? The only I have ever seen on who I know can is Haemish, and he is usually only on over the weekends (or earlier than I play weekdays).

Be nice to at least one person with that ability on every night to get all the alts added in. It is pretty lonely playing an alt when my friends list is dark and I have no access to the SG chat. Maybe add another captain or two?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #58 on: May 19, 2004, 12:23:19 PM

I can invite into Bat Country, but I haven't made a toon for the alternate sub guild yet. I'm still too into my 'main.'

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #59 on: May 19, 2004, 02:28:05 PM

If you go in the supergroup window, you can see a list of people with little doohickies next to their names.  Those people are the ones who can invite to the SG.  Unfortunately, none of these people seem to play during the day so I've not been able to get another character joined up.  I rarely play Signe (she is gimp extroidinare and cannot solo) unless I know a mid-level group is happening during the weekend.  With the demise of teamspeak, I don't know what's going on, anymore.  

Oh, and advance CONGRATS to the graduate!  Good luck, big boy!!

Oh oh... I met Haemish's wife to be last night.  She is lovely and funny, too.  A nice compliment to Haemish's rather gruff nature.  I can imagine little haemishes with sweet dispositions running around in the near future.  Or visa versa...

uh-oh...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #60 on: May 19, 2004, 02:40:04 PM

Oh yes, and if you really need a character to be invited into Bat Country and Plague Goddess is on (and it's not after midnight CST), you can ask her real nice and if she isn't in the middle of something, I can bring Whipcrack on and invite you. However, if it is after midnight CST on weeknights, she'll probably tell you no, as I'm hellaciously grumpy when I get woke up.

Yes, grumpier than normal.

There won't be little Haemishes running around for at least 2-3 years. We want to actually be married for a few years before we bring on the crumbsnatchers.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #61 on: May 19, 2004, 03:20:41 PM

Just give her your info and she can be you.  Then you can stay warm and cosy.  It'll be like the old Shadowbane days, when the King and Queen were completely interchangable.  I never knew WHO I was talking to!  (and didn't care, incidently)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: In light of there being no cap on supergroups...  
Jump to: