Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  (Read 37688 times)
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 25, 2005, 07:37:10 AM

It's nice to see my geriatric fantasy team doing well (go Jagr!) despite the fact that my beloved geriactric Penguins SUCK A FAT FUCKING COCK PLAY SOME DEFENSE ASSHOLES. 

I was tempted to buy Center Ice this year and am now happy I resisted that temptation.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #71 on: October 31, 2005, 11:45:19 AM

I liked hockey before. I like it now also, for completely different reasons.

Now, watching games is a much more emotional experience, especially with all the lead changes and charging comebacks - God Damnit Flyers, hold a damn lead, PLEASE.

Now, even the losses can still be fun to watch, like the 6-8 loss to Carolina. Also, being at the games is a whole new experience - that extra 4 feet may not seem like much on TV, but it is HUGE in person. The abundance of scoring and powerplays just makes things all the more intense - the OT win over the Panthers was sooooo worth the $90 for lower level seats.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: October 31, 2005, 12:40:00 PM

The constant special teams play is starting to wear on me a bit, but I am really enjoying the season so far. Hopefully the players will learn how to avoid hooking and interference calls a bit to give more flow to the game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 03, 2005, 10:06:06 PM

The penalties are calming down. Players are learning a bit, and refs are starting to interpret better. What we need now is a fast review of each penalty upstairs to catch diving. That'd be just perfect.

Oh, and by the way - I've watched every Penguins game this season. They looked like an ECHL team for the first eight or nine. The two games before tonight, they looked like a pretty good NHL team. Tonight, they looked like a very good NHL team.

I'm expecting them to get hotter and hotter.

Unless, of course, Lemieux and Palffy get hurt and teams start concentrating on Crosby and frustrating him into a cold streak. Then, I suppose the goaltending could go dead cold.

That, of course, won't happen. Because they're my favourite team.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: November 04, 2005, 10:02:31 AM

Gotta say I am digging the trade I made for Havlat. Wednesday was the first game of his I got to see- 4 goals. Not bad!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #75 on: November 04, 2005, 10:10:16 AM

Gotta say I am digging the trade I made for Havlat. Wednesday was the first game of his I got to see- 4 goals. Not bad!

Fucker.

Of course, it's not your fault Brodeur got his knee skinned the same goddamn day the trade went through. But I'm sure you planned it that way.

WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: November 04, 2005, 10:14:15 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think Manny has seen the ice since I acquired him. Goddamned Dwayne Roloson.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #77 on: November 08, 2005, 06:24:54 PM

They finally moved OLN to a non-shitty channel on my cable and the game looks SOOOOO much better. I don't know if this was a move across a lot of coverage areas, but I'd check on that if I were you guys. It went from barely coming in on channel 80, to a channel near ESPN with the same quality.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #78 on: November 17, 2005, 09:04:22 AM

I have finally crawled my way out of the bottom spot. I feel like I have won.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 17, 2005, 10:49:58 AM

I think it's more about me falling into last spot, then you crawling out of it.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 17, 2005, 12:07:12 PM

And somehow I remain near the top, guess this makes up for my Fantasy Football performance.  Goes to show again that knowledge of the game does not equal winning. 
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #81 on: November 17, 2005, 12:11:36 PM

I think it's more about me falling into last spot, then you crawling out of it.

Po-tay-toe pah-tah-toe.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #82 on: November 17, 2005, 06:49:40 PM

And somehow I remain near the top, guess this makes up for my Fantasy Football performance.  Goes to show again that knowledge of the game does not equal winning. 

Not always, but I know hockey well and I'm in first. We'll see how it sorts out.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 18, 2005, 07:25:12 AM

I THOUGHT I knew a lot about the game, but I've made some dumbass moves. I gotta admit though, I do prefer the H2H play better than the running total. I find I don't check my team nearly enough right now.

Oh well, after the all-star break is when I make my move!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Strazos

Reply #84 on: November 20, 2005, 07:48:35 PM

It took me a ton of moves, and dropping most of my drafted players in the process, but I have a decent team now.

And I dunno who is doing it....but whoever you are, stop sending me trades for Gagne; you're not getting him.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #85 on: December 04, 2005, 11:31:55 AM

FEAR ME!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #86 on: December 07, 2005, 05:09:07 PM

I met a bunch of the Phoenix Coyotes yesterday while my daughter was in the hospital getting her tonsils out. They gave her some toys and stuff. I didn't see any mullets. Cujo touched me.
WayAbvPar

Reply #87 on: December 08, 2005, 09:58:38 AM

Was God with them? I touched his arm once. It was one of the greatest days of my life  :-D

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: December 08, 2005, 10:35:14 AM

Was God with them? I touched his arm once. It was one of the greatest days of my life  :-D

He was on the cancer kid floor so I was not graced with his presence.
WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: December 08, 2005, 10:48:59 AM

Well, I see my fantasy touch of death is still intact. Havlat is out for the season. You bastard, Haemish!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #90 on: December 08, 2005, 11:34:35 AM

Well, I see my fantasy touch of death is still intact. Havlat is out for the season. You bastard, Haemish!

Don't worry, Brodeur has been giving me fuckall for points anyway. And goddamn Nabokov is worse, and is on the "can't cut" list. Fuckers.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: December 08, 2005, 11:38:44 AM

I have no clue who these hockey people are. I get lucky a lot.
Strazos

Reply #92 on: December 08, 2005, 05:13:43 PM

Clawing your way out of the basement is fun.

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #93 on: January 01, 2006, 04:04:20 AM

With a new year comes a new top dog in fantasy hockey. Cry, mofos, cry.
Strazos

Reply #94 on: January 01, 2006, 02:27:34 PM

Getting 110+ points on New year's Eve helped, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: January 01, 2006, 02:29:06 PM

Getting 110+ points on New year's Eve helped, I see.

Don't be bitter.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 01, 2006, 03:54:51 PM

Wow have I fallen from grace, last time I looked at the page I was in 2nd place (had just fallen outta first).  Lack of need to check my f football page has led to me slacking off.  I'll have to correct that mistake. 
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 24, 2006, 10:16:52 AM

Soo... congrats to Shockeye for actually winning this.

Methinks not many paid attention after they weren't required to check their football pool(s) on Yahoo.

Gotta say that I much prefered the head to head league. Head to head, you actually would have a chance to win a week or 2... seemed like if you got behind in this league, you were out pretty early.

WayAbvPar

Reply #98 on: April 24, 2006, 10:54:47 AM

The scoring system needs some serious tweaking as well. 3rd line centers who were good at faceoffs were MVPs. That is just so wrong!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: April 24, 2006, 11:40:37 AM

The scoring system was my fault. I tweaked it a bit in the beginning, but yeah faceoffs were probably a bit high. I welcome input for next year.

WayAbvPar

Reply #100 on: April 24, 2006, 11:50:58 AM

This was my first foray into fantasy hockey, so I was clueless going in. Next year will be easier to get things evened out. It was fun, regardless, and I learned a lot  cool

Strazos

Reply #101 on: April 24, 2006, 09:11:22 PM

I think I did fairly well for my first try at a fantasy league - I sat in second for the vast majority of the season, which is pretty good for me.

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #102 on: April 25, 2006, 08:30:23 AM

This was my first foray into fantasy hockey, so I was clueless going in. Next year will be easier to get things evened out. It was fun, regardless, and I learned a lot  cool

I count my win as beginner's luck.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #103 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:58 PM

I forgot we were doing this when hockey was never on a channel I watched all season.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #104 on: April 25, 2006, 01:41:17 PM

I really wish I had got in on this one...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  
Jump to: