Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:13:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  (Read 38044 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: August 23, 2005, 02:55:39 PM

Finally, Yahoo has allowed signups to begin for their Fantasy Hockey Leagues. I have one set up for f13ers, with 12 spots right now, in a points only configuration. I'm open to changing this to either rotissiere or head-to-head if there is a leaning any particular way. I totally made up the points totals, so they are open to interpretation as well.

Go to Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey page and get a team. Leauge name is Bat Country, ID# 18997, password is catass2victory. Make a team. I've set the thing for a live online draft, Sat., Oct. 1st at 5 p.m. EST (4 CST, 2 PST), but that can be changed if we decided on a different day quickly enough. Here are the relevant bits:

Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR 

Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, GWG, FW, W, L, GA, SV, SHO 

Stat Modifiers: G (5), A (3), +/- (1), PIM (1), PPG (2), PPA (1), SHG (3), GWG (1), FW (1), W (5), L (3), GA (1), SV (.5), SHO (3)

Cowboy up!

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:56:50 PM

I don't know who half the players in the league are any more, but I am game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 03:00:48 PM

Wow, I have no clue who Eastern European #51 or Canadian #12 are!

I'm going to lose so bad it'll make football from last year look like a step-up.

EDIT: I'm in.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 03:02:44 PM by Shockeye »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 03:10:16 PM

The Ice Monkies are in. They are chilly, but fierce!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 03:10:53 PM

The Ice Monkies are in. They are chilly, but fierce!

And they'll fling poocicles at you!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 03:14:52 PM

I have never played fantasy hockey before.  Nevertheless, I am sure the Roosters will pwnz0r all.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 04:02:21 PM

"Gs Down Wit Da Money" are ready to play.

I am horrible when coming up with witty team names.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 04:08:45 PM

Finally, a fantasy league with a sport I know.

You shall fall before the might of "with themselves".

Game 1: Ice Monkies play with themselves and lose

Bwahaahahaha.

ha.

Ok, it was funny when we used that in highschool and they announced our game with the teachers over the PA as - "Today at lunch in intermural baseball, the teachers play with themselves."

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 05:22:30 PM

I'm in.

Woo!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Strazos

Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 11:50:54 PM

So um...yeah....

Any tenative draft date? I've never done a fantasy league before, so I should be a pushover.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 02:21:00 AM

Your live online draft is set for Sat Oct 1 2:00pm PDT
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 11:42:57 PM

I've forgotten who's left in the NHL at this point. Is Gordie gonna strap them on this decade?

WayAbvPar

Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 09:40:15 AM

I am drafting all Coyotes as an homage to 99.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 09:44:21 AM

I am drafting all Coyotes as an homage to 99.

You'll have to fight me for that. Current and former Coyotes players are the only ones I know.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 07:30:27 AM

I've made 2 changes to this league. I removed 1 defenseman from the roster, and changed the draft time.

Yes, I changed the draft time to 1 hour later. It's now Oct. 1st, that's this Saturday, at 5 p.m. CDT, which is 6 p.m. CDT, 4 p.m. MDT, and 3 p.m. PDT. If you can't make it, I'd suggest pre-ranking accordingly.

WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 09:51:43 AM

Holy shit! I had no idea it was coming so soon. I know exactly dick about fantasy hockey- are there any magazines or websites that might be useful? Also, not sure I will be able to make the draft- I am going to a hockey game Saturday night and may have to meet up with some folks early. Perhaps I can start my drinking at the draft...

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 03:12:59 PM

Boo, I'll have to auto-draft 4tehwin. Weekend evenings are no damn good for me.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 08:10:10 PM

Yeah I'm screwed on that time as I'm out of town visiting relatives. Auto for me.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 08:40:25 AM

Do I need to see about changing the time? I think Yahoo has a few more times available. The season starts Oct. 5th, though, so there isn't much time.

Strazos

Reply #19 on: September 29, 2005, 04:21:18 PM

Do I need to see about changing the time? I think Yahoo has a few more times available. The season starts Oct. 5th, though, so there isn't much time.

FWIW, During the week (Mon-Thur), before 5pm, is no good for me.

Fear the Backstab!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005, 04:54:11 PM

Still got spots?  If I can make the draft time (seems like you might be changing it) I'd be happy to join, never played fantasy anything though, do I have to do stuff once the league starts?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Strazos

Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 05:03:13 PM

Slightly related note:

FINALLY SOME HOCKEY ON TV, BITCHES.

Fear the Backstab!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 07:56:02 AM

Still got spots?  If I can make the draft time (seems like you might be changing it) I'd be happy to join, never played fantasy anything though, do I have to do stuff once the league starts?

Still spots left (3 I think). Yes, you do have to so somethings once the league starts, like set your lineups. Though you can certainly set your lineup the first day and let it run, if someone gets injured, you'd need to come back and sub someone else in. Same thing if someone starts sucking. I check my fantasy leagues daily, about 10-15 minutes worth of stuff, but I like doing that. You could go once a week and still probably be ok if you have a decent team.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 10:15:17 AM

There is not God but Mario, and Crosby is His prophet.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 11:54:38 AM

So are you still doing the draft early Saturday?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 12:11:25 PM

5 p.m. CST is not early. :)

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: September 30, 2005, 12:33:49 PM

It can't be early- I am going to start drinking then (if I remember to make the draft at all).

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: September 30, 2005, 12:40:10 PM

Can I draft Gordie Howe?
WayAbvPar

Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 12:54:21 PM

He is one of the few players I have heard of! Too bad he is geriatric by now.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 30, 2005, 01:27:37 PM

Luckily no knowledge of the game won't hurt me in fantasy hockey.  Autodraft 4tw indeed.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005, 02:29:41 PM

Shit, I'm going to have to autodraft too, as apparently I have a niece's Bday party that starts at 5 pm.

Strazos

Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 06:12:57 PM

Am I the only person who is going to be drafting in person?

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #32 on: October 01, 2005, 10:29:58 AM

Got my pre-rankings done, but I couldn't find Gretzky anywhere. Oh well.
Strazos

Reply #33 on: October 01, 2005, 11:51:24 AM

I just want to say that I've never participated in a fantasy sports league before. I'm just going to be picking players that I remember being good.

I am guessing that offensive defensmen will be more helpful than good defensmen?

Fear the Backstab!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 08:56:17 AM

I just want to say that I've never participated in a fantasy sports league before. I'm just going to be picking players that I remember being good.

I am guessing that offensive defensmen will be more helpful than good defensmen?

Could be, but not necessarily. Some will give you decent goals/assists, but have horrible +/- ratings or no penalty minutes. In this type of league, you're going to be trying to balance all the statistical categories, not just the ones that give the most points.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  
Jump to: