Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  (Read 37689 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 04:07:05 PM

Hmm, I did pretty good for a completely random draft. Swing a few waiver deals, I'll be fine.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 04:17:14 PM

I still have little to no idea what constitutes a good team. I was happy to recognize at least half of the guys I autodrafted, which probaby means I have the oldest team in the league  cry

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 06:18:31 AM

Ahh, first place. Don't fuck with a Canadian and his hockey. Especially if he's enough of a douchebag to gloat about it.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 09:35:12 AM

I still have little to no idea what constitutes a good team. I was happy to recognize at least half of the guys I autodrafted, which probaby means I have the oldest team in the league  cry

Best I can tell you is try to get at least one guy that can top his category, especially in stuff like +/-, PIM and FW, because those are traditionally categories not a lot of people look at. I think.

I'm playing it by ear myself.

WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 09:36:30 AM

Ahh, first place. Don't fuck with a Canadian and his hockey. Especially if he's enough of a douchebag to gloat about it.

Especially after opening night! Well done.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 07, 2005, 09:04:02 AM

So, is there a limit to the number of games I can get from each position or what?  I'm a noob to rotisserie style fantasy games.  Or should I make sure I have somebody in each position playing every night (that can't be right, can it?)

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #41 on: October 07, 2005, 09:12:52 AM

No limit on games that I know of. I sure didn't set it with one.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 07, 2005, 09:44:49 AM

So basically I want to have someone playing a game in every slot every night?  I need some l33t strategerie here!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 11:50:35 AM

Yes.

EDIT: Apparently, I misspoke. There had been an 82 games played per position setting. I just bumped it up to the maximum, which is 100 games played per position. I'd remove it altogether if I could.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 11:52:08 AM by HaemishM »

WayAbvPar

Reply #44 on: October 12, 2005, 04:09:03 PM

Well, between this league and another on I  joined, I am really getting back into hockey for the first time in several years. I even broke down and bought the Comcast Center Ice package. I figure it is a good way to try to follow 1 or 2 teams as often as I can. So far it is the Canucks (the closest I can come to a local team) and the Oilers for rooting interests, and the Flyers and Pens for good rookies to watch. I still hate the Flames and Les Habs. Fuckers.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #45 on: October 13, 2005, 04:19:55 PM

Well lookey who's in first place...

I'm also in first in my company pool that has about $500 riding on it if anyone cares.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 12:25:22 PM

I haven't been posting much, between being sick and my computer being shot. I changed the stat modifiers to give negatives for losses and goals allowed.

Also, my Minnesota Wild are playing good hockey, scoring without Gaborik even being in there. This is a good sign.

WayAbvPar

Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 02:33:16 PM

I haven't been posting much, between being sick and my computer being shot. I changed the stat modifiers to give negatives for losses and goals allowed.

Also, my Minnesota Wild are playing good hockey, scoring without Gaborik even being in there. This is a good sign.

Yeah, they beat the balls off the Canucks on Wednesday. Hopefully Vancouver can return the favor tonight.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 02:34:35 PM

Coyotes = teh suck
WayAbvPar

Reply #49 on: October 14, 2005, 02:36:18 PM

Not only do they suck, but they are boring to watch. That is just bad times. They need to suit up 99.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #50 on: October 14, 2005, 02:46:41 PM

They're doing about as well as I am in fantasy hockey.

I just added some new players, maybe I can sink even lower than the bottom.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #51 on: October 14, 2005, 04:31:46 PM

I am of the personal belief that the next time Minnesota and Florida Play - Lemaire and Martin will get too close to each other and form a singularity of dump and chase, five man back, crappy asstastic hockey - devouring both teams entirely.

Yes, they beat us. No, it wasn't Cloutier's fault. No, 6 goals does not mean that Lemaire promotes offensive, free flowing hockey.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: October 14, 2005, 09:17:42 PM

Lemaire will NEVER promote free-flowing, open ice hockey. Especially not with that lineup. We are talking about a lot of retreads and cheap players.

But they do have some scoring skaters on the Wild. Dupuis and Bouchard are both smooth skating scoring machines. I believe if they and Gaborik were playing on different teams, they'd be 40 goal guys easy.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #53 on: October 15, 2005, 04:17:52 PM

Brett Hull to retire.

Coyotes can't catch a break. Or a shot on goal.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 15, 2005, 08:26:24 PM

And there goes the one guy whos name I knew on my roster.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 09:51:24 AM

Unfortunately I think some others might be set to follow suit.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/ArchivePost.aspx?blogger=1&post=351

The Tale of the Aging Veteran  10/12/2005 @ 10:24 AM
I had a long conversation last night with a GM that was very enlightening.  He asked me to keep his name anonymous and be careful to protect him.

GM: I`ve been talking to many of my fellow GMs and although it is early there is a trend we are all discussing.  Essentially the new NHL, combined with the year off, is going to make for some very tough decisions.  I would venture a guess to say that on each team there are a few guys, staples of the past, that have obviously lost it.

Eklund: What do you mean by that?

GM: On our team it is a solid locker room guy, but you can tell he is frustrated.  He can`t play at this pace for an entire season.

Eklund: Are you going to move him?

GM: No. He`s too much of a leader, but we`ll have to keep him out of some situations and some games.  There are two guys that I can see I will have to move, but I doubt I`ll get anything.

Eklund: How does the salary cap play into this?

GM: It is what makes this more complicated. There is alot of salary tied up in these guys.  We have two guys in the AHL that would make our team better right now.  If we bring them up, we need to make some  tough choices.  These new rules favor smaller faster players.

Eklund: Do you think we will see more or less trade movement as a result of this?

GM: More for sure.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 09:53:18 AM

Lemaire will NEVER promote free-flowing, open ice hockey. Especially not with that lineup. We are talking about a lot of retreads and cheap players.

But they do have some scoring skaters on the Wild. Dupuis and Bouchard are both smooth skating scoring machines. I believe if they and Gaborik were playing on different teams, they'd be 40 goal guys easy.

Foy looks like he has some potential too. Kid has some wheels. Also, how can I respect a man whose name is pronounced doo-pwee? It sounds like how a harelip would pronounce Dupree.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: October 17, 2005, 12:05:59 PM

Yes, but have you seen Dupuis' Unibrow? Motherfucker's forehead looks like it could drive directly through granite.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 12:54:08 PM

Unfortunately I think some others might be set to follow suit.

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/ArchivePost.aspx?blogger=1&post=351

The Tale of the Aging Veteran  10/12/2005 @ 10:24 AM
I had a long conversation last night with a GM that was very enlightening.  He asked me to keep his name anonymous and be careful to protect him.

GM: I`ve been talking to many of my fellow GMs and although it is early there is a trend we are all discussing.  Essentially the new NHL, combined with the year off, is going to make for some very tough decisions.  I would venture a guess to say that on each team there are a few guys, staples of the past, that have obviously lost it.

snip

What frightens me is that I could easily see that being Nonis talking about Linden.

WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 01:19:33 PM

Yeah, Linden sure doesn't do much for them these days. What is he on, the third or 4th line? That is too bad...I always liked him. I remember going to see him play the Thunderbirds in Seattle when he was in juniors...chatting with some folks as we waited to cross the street to arena, and found out that Linden had broken his hand the night before and wouldn't be playing. Bugger!

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 01:54:01 PM

What frightens me is that I could easily see that being Nonis talking about Linden.

If you flip through the perspective wheel, you can see it being just about any GM talking about just about any aging vet. I saw it as Patrick talking about LeClair early on. Could even have been about Hull. Could have been Linden, yes, but it could have been so many people that speculating is pointless. What's for sure is that the lockout accomplished nothing but robbing many seasoned, celebrated veterans of their last year or two. The year, obviously, and whatever damage sitting around during the layoff caused them.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005, 04:00:42 PM

Yeah, Linden sure doesn't do much for them these days. What is he on, the third or 4th line? That is too bad...I always liked him. I remember going to see him play the Thunderbirds in Seattle when he was in juniors...chatting with some folks as we waited to cross the street to arena, and found out that Linden had broken his hand the night before and wouldn't be playing. Bugger!

He's centering a fourth line with Ruutu (Esa Tikkanen with less skill) and Lee Goren (30 year old rookie type). That line did actually score the winner last night though. He is also still doing PK duty for us.

WayAbvPar

Reply #62 on: October 18, 2005, 10:00:48 AM

Is Goren really 30? I saw him score that goal the other night and they were talking about him being a rookie, but I had no idea he was nearly middle aged =)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: October 18, 2005, 10:11:10 AM

Yes, I changed the stat mods again. It's a process.  rolleyes

I halved the penalty minutes stat mod from 1 point to .5 points. I finally realized that yes, having PIM is a good thing, but having it count as much as a goal or an assist? Not so good.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #64 on: October 18, 2005, 12:34:36 PM

Is Goren really 30? I saw him score that goal the other night and they were talking about him being a rookie, but I had no idea he was nearly middle aged =)

Ok, I was a little off. He was born in Dec '77

1995-96  Saskatoon  WHL  2  0  0  0  2  -  -  -  -  - 
1996-97  North Dakota  NCAA  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 
1997-98  North Dakota  NCAA  29  3  13  16  26  -  -  -  -  - 
1998-99  North Dakota  NCAA  38  26  19  45  20  -  -  -  -  - 
1999-00  North Dakota  NCAA  44  34  29  63  42  -  -  -  -  - 
2000-01  Providence  AHL  54  15  18  33  72  17  5  2  7  11 
 Boston  NHL  21  2  0  2  7  -  -  -  -  - 
2001-02  Providence  AHL  71  11  26  37  121  2  0  0  0  0 
2002-03  Providence  AHL  65  32  37  69  106  3  0  1  1  0 
 Boston  NHL  14  2  1  3  7  5  0  0  0  5 
2003-04  San Antonio  AHL  65  27  22  49  72  -  -  -  -  - 
 Florida  NHL  2  0  1  1  0  -  -  -  -  - 
2004-05  Manitoba  AHL  79  32  30  62  117  14  10  3  13  13 
NHL Totals   37  4  2  6  14  5  0  0  0  5 

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 18, 2005, 02:14:52 PM

OMG HAEM NERFED PIMS!  My whole team was designed around PIMS!  I demand a re-spec!  Or at least a goalie who actually, you know, starts some games.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #66 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53:26 AM

Good starting goalies are a rare commodity in this league.

WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: October 24, 2005, 02:34:37 PM

So far, so good for the Canucks. Should be interesting on Thursday and Saturday- 2 games in Denver for Bertuzzi.

Just bought NHL 2k6 for the Xbox, and holy shit it is fun so far. My poor raped thumbs...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #68 on: October 24, 2005, 02:36:19 PM

Just bought NHL 2k6 for the Xbox, and holy shit it is fun so far. My poor raped thumbs...

That's the 2k Sports version, right? Not the EA Rape Machine version?

WayAbvPar

Reply #69 on: October 24, 2005, 02:40:31 PM

Yep. I accidentally grabbed the EA version at Best Buy- when it rang up at $29.99, I bitched and we figured out that I was a fucktard and grabbed the wrong one.

If anyone has it- how the hell do I start fight? I have seen what look like fight challenges in the lower right of the screen, but can't figure out how to duke it up! I skimmed TFM, but didn't see it in there, and they don't mention it in the tutorials (which I thought were fantastic otherwise).

In other hockey news (in case Cevik ever reads this), Seattle beat Portland 3-1 on Saturday night. Great game with some awesome fights and some really good hockey.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that hockey is back?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  
Jump to: