Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Betrayal fun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betrayal fun  (Read 10212 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

on: August 18, 2005, 02:17:30 PM

OK I finished the first part of the Freeport Betrayal quest today.  Whooo was it a toughy!  Anyhow, my level 13 Ratguy is in Antonica and working on completing the next part (492 Gnolls to go!).  I can say I hated Freeport with a passion; it seemed hard to find things to kill, and most mobs seem to be in groups which adds a major layer of difficulty.  Really toughest part of the betrayal was GETTING to level 13 - rest seemed like cake.  If anyone else has an evil character and needs to know what to do just drop me a message and I can help ya out.  I figure it will take me less than a week to finish the rest depending on if I can worm my way into a group to take out some named mobs.  Good times.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 02:28:37 PM

Your hardest part will be finding people to help you with the nameds. Antonica seems empty to me on those rare occasions I actually traverse it versus buying a boat ticket to "port" directly to TS.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 02:31:45 PM

Your hardest part will be finding people to help you with the nameds. Antonica seems empty to me on those rare occasions I actually traverse it versus buying a boat ticket to "port" directly to TS.

What server on you on?  There always seems to be a ton of people around.  Hell today I saw at least 20 people on my little jaunt around Antonica, plus lots of /ooc talk was going on.  I will probably beg F13'rs to assist me and offer them nifty shinys or something.  From what I understand you can solo all but one of the NPC's.  Plus I am clever and sneaky.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 02:37:11 PM

Just let me know.  I will be happy to help.  What fng class is the rat?

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 03:04:16 PM

Just let me know.  I will be happy to help.  What fng class is the rat?

Sorcerer.  For now I am focusing on knocking Gnolls out; hoping to be done by the end of the weekend.  Ironically it is easier for me to  catass on weekdays right now then it is for weekends.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 04:24:04 PM

I'm betraying within the next couple of days so I will join you.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 05:06:44 PM

Teucer will certainly help with the nameds.  Meanwhhile I'm going to roll up a new character so I don't end up 10 levels past everyone.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 06:27:32 PM

Teucer will certainly help with the nameds.  Meanwhhile I'm going to roll up a new character so I don't end up 10 levels past everyone.

Good plan; thats one reason I latched onto crafting.  Crafting sucks; I will probably give it another go later though (I loved the mechanics).  Hopefully Daddy gets settled in soon and returns to play with us.  Plus Signe is only level 12.  Sheesh, she needs to take catass 101 again.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 06:58:01 PM

What server on you on?  There always seems to be a ton of people around.  Hell today I saw at least 20 people on my little jaunt around Antonica, plus lots of /ooc talk was going on.  I will probably beg F13'rs to assist me and offer them nifty shinys or something.  From what I understand you can solo all but one of the NPC's.  Plus I am clever and sneaky.

I am on Permafrost. Glad to know there are still people starting characters. EQ2 really gets a bad rap.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 08:02:54 PM

<sung to Flock of Seagles "Run"> 

And I griiiind, I grind and grind awaaaaaay.
And I griiiind, I grind and grind awaaaaaay.

Gotta grind away.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 08:37:35 PM

Before I forget: Stopgap, make sure and give up your apartment before betraying!!!

Just FYI.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 06:28:52 AM

Yeah, it's all planned out.  I just need to grind out enough food and drink to last me through the long hours of camping and gnoll killing, then I will move all my stuff to an alt, release the apartment and trade societies and start the betrayal script.  Hopefully tonight sometime.  I wrote out a little word doc with maps in it so that I have all the info where I need it.

I will not miss the 6833 shades of brown and 4839 shades of gray that is Freeport.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 07:02:26 AM

I am on Permafrost. Glad to know there are still people starting characters. EQ2 really gets a bad rap.
I've been on from 8 to 10 est every night this week.  Antonica has had 2 instances every night.  I don't know ho wmany people have to be in a zone as large as Antonica to force a new instance to go up but there doesn't seem to be any lack of people around.  You could walk through blackburrow last night pretty easily because there were several groups killing stuff.

The newb population on Steamfont seems fairly robust.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 07:25:17 AM

The instancing system is interesting actually. Some member in my guild used to game it a bit to harvest the ? in the newbie zones.

Bascially, the game won't close an instance as long as one character is present, but at some population point that instance is not listed as an option for newcomers either so you can get it to yourself if you just wait long enough during low pop times.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 08:31:40 AM

OK I finished the first part of the Freeport Betrayal quest today.  Whooo was it a toughy!  Anyhow, my level 13 Ratguy is in Antonica and working on completing the next part (492 Gnolls to go!).  I can say I hated Freeport with a passion; it seemed hard to find things to kill, and most mobs seem to be in groups which adds a major layer of difficulty.  Really toughest part of the betrayal was GETTING to level 13 - rest seemed like cake.  If anyone else has an evil character and needs to know what to do just drop me a message and I can help ya out.  I figure it will take me less than a week to finish the rest depending on if I can worm my way into a group to take out some named mobs.  Good times.

I am changing my goals slightly. I want full integration into Queynos by Sunday; this is easily achievable (killing the 500 gnolls has gone a lot faster than planned).  I am going to begin assaulting the named mobs tonight around 10 pm EST. 

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 09:56:55 AM

If you have the loc's we can probably knock them all out in pretty short order.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 10:01:35 AM

At least two of them roam around the Blackburrow entrance and the neighboring woods.

I have never played WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 10:21:43 AM

That would rock.  I am burdened with bulging bags now.  I love you guys.   Heart

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 10:21:55 AM

Hmm, okay, I will just buy some food and drink (the virtual kind) and start the script when I get home, hopefully I will be over in Antonica by the time you log on.

Locs:
  • Dancoed of the Pine -1461,604
  • Sarn the Wayfarer -1745,-371 or -2209,590
  • Towyn the Lazy -649,797.  Patrols the beach, spawns at 7am game time, despawns at 7pm
  • Crugybar The Rock -84,-10 in Blackburrow
  • Nantglas The Cold 1,-61 in Blackburrow

I think only Dancoed can't be soloed.

Blackburrow level one map with the two named
Antonica map

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 02:56:25 PM

I nailed the dude on the beach but will wwait to do the others.  If you can get to Antonica by 11pm tonight we can nail all them at once if you want!  HOORAH

schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 12:18:14 AM

I'm so glad, that in the 4 days I've been gone (gonna be a couple more days) everyone blew by me. Yeeeee haw.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2005, 07:01:00 AM

Bah if you finish moving soon we will be about equal.  Thanks for the help last night Murgos and Sauced!  Just got a couple more things to do and I am officially a Qeynos citizen. Woot.

Additional commentary: You need to return so I can stop defending you! Everyone says you will leave after a couple more weeks of gameplay.  Though subconsciously I know that you will I still maintain the facade that you are in for the long haul.   Hello Kitty
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 08:42:40 AM by Cheddar »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: August 20, 2005, 07:36:13 AM

And then you can be our Rat-boy slave.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 11:22:59 AM

I am officially one of the good guys now.  My next plan is to hit level 18, then swing back to crafting once more.  Has anyone else chosen a crafting profession?  I do not want to do what others are doing, so post what you kids are working on.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 12:58:39 PM

I took craftsmen for my level 10 choice, I don't know what I will do for the level 20.  Going into making pure food would be profitable and usefull but I really want to make furniture.  I will probably go carpenter.  I plan on tradeskilling all weekend while the unrecoverable shard from my execution wears off.

I'd also like to say thanks to Murgos and Sauced for making the betrayel a lot faster and easier than I thought it would be.  I stayed up till 5am just to wrap it up and now have a home in Castleview Hamlet and am much happier about it.  There is actual stuff for sale on the market and nice green colors in the scenery.

Some of the NPCs tell me to "Slither back under the rock I came from" which is kind of funny, I've also noticed that the npc guards have their weapons drawn, I don't know if that is always the case or a bug.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 02:25:46 PM

It's on pupose.  When you get near them you will see an emote that says something like "Guard so-and-so dislikes your presence."

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 05:40:44 AM

That's cool, actually. Many of guards salute my character as he runs about his business.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 08:44:18 AM

In freeport playing as a Ratonga many of the cats will hiss at you and the rats will follow you around.

In Qeynos as a Kerran the rats run away from you at high speed and the cats purr when you are near.

Small details but enjoyable when you notice them.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #28 on: January 06, 2006, 12:51:33 PM

betrayals still hard?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #29 on: January 06, 2006, 01:03:12 PM

betrayals still hard?

No.  Just a little time consuming.  There is one mob you will need help on, but if you decide to do this quest we can help you (obviously).  I did it solo except for that one mob.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 06:58:19 AM

I screwed up.  I got in combat while talking and selected the wrong option on my first NPC (after the quest giver).  Now, I'm out.  In fairness, I was worried that I was going to die after I began with the NPC and this would kick me out of the quest -- turns out in trying to avoid that I selected the wrong choice and kicked myself out.  How realistic is it to appeal to have this reset?  It was only on the first NPC afterall, didn't get past stage1.
schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 10, 2006, 07:01:15 AM

I screwed up.  I got in combat while talking and selected the wrong option on my first NPC (after the quest giver).  Now, I'm out.  In fairness, I was worried that I was going to die after I began with the NPC and this would kick me out of the quest -- turns out in trying to avoid that I selected the wrong choice and kicked myself out.  How realistic is it to appeal to have this reset?  It was only on the first NPC afterall, didn't get past stage1.

I don't understand what you're saying. But I just woke up. So it shouldn't be all that shocking.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 10, 2006, 07:10:09 AM

Err.  You should be able to just go back and start again.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2006, 07:48:34 AM

If you are talking about the NPC in the sewers I think you might be out of luck.  When I did it everything I looked up seemed to indicate that if you answered wrong or got interrupted by combat the quest is toast and that there is no way to petition it.  There is a guard in that room just past the NPC so if you train in enemies you should wait until he has killed them all for you, then start the conversation.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #34 on: January 10, 2006, 10:50:12 AM

I am pretty sure that you go back to the first guy and start over.  I also fucked up the first time I got the game, and somehow was able to fix my mistake.  Actually I fucked up twice, second time cost me a gold (was at the Antonica part).  You should be fine, and once you hit Antonica we will assist you in completing the OMFG GRINDAGE TO THE MAX!!!!1111eleven part.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Betrayal fun  
Jump to: