Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Garth Ennis "Ghost Rider" preview 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Garth Ennis "Ghost Rider" preview  (Read 3052 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: August 17, 2005, 06:26:15 PM

Marvel has released a 6 page preview of the the first issue of Garth Ennis' "Ghost Rider" mini.  If Garth Ennis writing a Ghost Rider comic wasn't enough to get me excited (which it was), Clayton Crain's art looks like it would make this book worth buying even if Howard Mackie was writing it.

I'm also kind of fond of Exiles, which can be a fun little comic and also has a preview up from part of the World Tour storyline, in which the Exiles visit HoM, New Universe, 2099, Future Imperfect, Heroes Reborn, and the Squadron Supreme's Universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:35:30 PM

Sounds cool. Ghost Rider (at least what I've read) has been crap for a while. Just like the Punisher. Maybe Ennis will be the final word on that too?
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:05:11 PM

Ok um...this is one of my comic pet peeves. Full page artwork is cool, but that's 6 pages with basically nothing at all happening. Intro text and a couple words of conversation.

I don't think we should go back to the days where every page was like a 3x4 block of even sized panels, but there has got to be some happy medium. A character saying 5 words shouldn't be the entire contents of a page!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 03:14:35 AM

Ok um...this is one of my comic pet peeves. Full page artwork is cool, but that's 6 pages with basically nothing at all happening. Intro text and a couple words of conversation.

I don't think we should go back to the days where every page was like a 3x4 block of even sized panels, but there has got to be some happy medium. A character saying 5 words shouldn't be the entire contents of a page!

To be fair though there was a good amount of text on most of these pages.  Ghost Rider himself just isn't a particularly chatty character.  The last couple of pages were a bit excessive though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Garth Ennis "Ghost Rider" preview  
Jump to: