Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Justice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Justice  (Read 2611 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: August 10, 2005, 06:28:52 PM

Recently picked up the first issue of DC's Justice mini (by Earth X team Jim Krueger and Alex Ross).  Interesting setup so far although the narration wears on a bit after a while.  Basically the earth is doomed to end in a nuclear holocaust.  People have become too lazy and dependent on superheroes to solve all the world's problems for them.  For some reason some supervillains are having recurring nightmares portending this fate, and so far Lex Luthor and Black Manta are trying to prevent it from happening.

I haven't read much in the way of interviews or solicitations about this series (I tend to pick up anything involving Alex Ross), so I'm not sure where this book is heading but this story seems to be reversing the roles of the heroes and villains.  I loved Earth X, but Universe and Paradise didn't do as much for me, partly due to getting into much more obscure parts of Marvel history, so I've got good hopes for the writing, but I could be let down.  The art though is as good as anything from Ross.  This guy could illustrate the Spider-man clone saga and make it worth reading in a superficial sense.

So far so good, and fans of Earth X will probably want to check this out (or wait for the trade).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:08:53 AM

Ross has said the series is really his take on the Superfriends vs. The Legion of Doom.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 09:13:39 PM

Ross has said the series is really his take on the Superfriends vs. The Legion of Doom.

Maybe that will come through more in the coming issues (which will take a while since the next issue won't be out until October).  I can kind of see that if I look for it, but it's not the kind of thing I'd think of if Ross hadn't said it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Justice  
Jump to: