Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Samprimary revisits Battlefield 2. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Samprimary revisits Battlefield 2.  (Read 6403 times)
schild
Administrator

on: August 08, 2005, 12:01:13 AM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 12:04:46 AM

I keep wanting to buy this game and keep hesitating because I keep hearing that it's a bit unstable.  Is it better now?  Can I get it?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:19:54 AM

I don't like to say this often:

rofl.

Particularly the stoned bit.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:58 AM

My favorite bit was parking the tank in the enemy's base.  Not that I ever do that when I'm annoyed with my team and/or bored or anything like that.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 01:14:37 AM

I keep wanting to buy this game and keep hesitating because I keep hearing that it's a bit unstable.  Is it better now?  Can I get it?
It is still a bit unstable but the patch helped a lot, and as is typical for this type of game, having the latest, stable video drivers installed plus having lots of RAM also helps.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 05:46:34 AM

Muslish.

Awesome!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 06:45:19 AM

America! Fuck Ya!

"Me am play gods"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 08:34:19 AM

Well done dude.

Just remembered there was a frontpage, with articles no less!
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 09:23:14 AM

Good stuff. Although there is no AA tank in Karkand  tongue

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 10:08:25 AM

Good stuff. Although there is no AA tank in Karkand  tongue

Or helicopters, for that matter. On those lil' tiny bouts. But it just had to be done.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 10:21:31 AM

The carnage one of those things could do at that first CP would be pretty impressive. Maybe someone can mod it in for us  evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 10:56:24 AM

Game stable. Players not so much.

I can't even stomach playing the game anymore. I guess it's time to drop the sig.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 11:42:17 AM

Nice.  Do I detect a hint of Brian Regan?  I submit that I do.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 05:48:04 PM

Heh.  The AA gun sounds like the ones in Warhammer 40K/the old kickass Titan Legions Epic scale game.  They were technically for AA fire, but tended to be used as anti infantry weapons just as much or more so.  Just like Advance Wars now that I think about it...
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 08:00:59 PM

Roofles, I just now noticed the moisture vaporators in the title image.   Thumbs up!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 08:06:46 AM

They were technically for AA fire, but tended to be used as anti infantry weapons just as much or more so.  Just like Advance Wars now that I think about it...

Hydras were and are cool. Costs over 200 dollers US to buy one for 40K though.

AA weapons being used as quick firing ground autocannons is a historical habit. Luftwaffe AA commanders were always complaning that thier 88's were being used too much on ground targets. Allied AA guns post '44 spent FAR more time in ground support than they did firing upwards.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 09:23:22 AM

I remember using AA halftracks in the first Close Combat. Or at least I thought they were supposedly AA.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Samprimary revisits Battlefield 2.  
Jump to: