Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Your Gold Box game. What was it and why? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Gold Box game. What was it and why?  (Read 23202 times)
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: August 04, 2005, 05:55:36 AM

Syndicate.

I was pretty young when I first got into games so alot of them are just a blur of king's quests, ultimas, zorks, wizardries, leisure suits, and various arcade games. I wouldn't begin to know what the first game I played was because I was easily too young to remember much of anything, and I was very casual about them for the longest time so most left little impression. It was Syndicate that got be completely hooked onto the genre. I just couldn't put that sucker down and it was playing that on a friends computer that finally got me the drive to bitch and moan enough for my parents to buy me a PC (before it was all friends and relatives hooking me up when I went to their places, though we did have an Attari).
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: August 04, 2005, 07:56:43 AM

How could I have forgotten the original Warlords!

I must have saved and reloaded a million times because my hero died to a ruin. Horse Lords for the win!

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: August 04, 2005, 08:42:15 AM

Warlords was great, although I much preferred Reach for the Stars from the same people (ssg?).

3d Monster Maze on the ZX81 was the thing that sucked me into computers. Elite and Civ1 took up months of my life up as did Football Manager.

Anything put out by Ultimate Play the Game was guaranteed to be superb (jetpac, Sabre Wulf, Knight Lore)

The best game I ever played though was Lords of Midnight. Armies, leader, strategies, annoying child sidekicks (cmon, who didnt kill Morkin asap?), dragons. There is blood on the plains of Blood........
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #108 on: August 04, 2005, 06:34:47 PM

Syndicate.
Ah Syndicate. There are few video gaming experiences more satisfying than equipping your Syndicate party with chainguns and hearing their sweet firing sound while watching your enemies get blown backwards.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #109 on: August 04, 2005, 06:46:32 PM

First PC game I bought and played was MegaTraveller 1: The Zhodani Conspiracy.

Before that it was all C64, too many games to remember....this was back when piracy was too easy and everyone had a copy of every game their friends had.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 04, 2005, 11:11:59 PM

Oh Megatraveller. I think I spent many hours rolling up characters and looking how they will develop over the years, but I think I never played the actual games more than one hour. Next time I had that much fun in character creation was Darklands.

Warlords, now that was my first multiplayer experience on a computer. 7 regulars and the owner of the computer shop I frequented had a game going right there in the shop for almost a year (everyone doing his turn when he went there shopping, and we all did that quite frequently. A clever marketing ploy now that I think about it).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Your Gold Box game. What was it and why?  
Jump to: