Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Total dreaming about SS2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Total dreaming about SS2  (Read 2827 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

on: July 28, 2005, 04:23:59 AM

System Shock 2 was probably the game I had the most fun playing ever.

I also played it in a remote mountain home at night alone, so it was scarier than anything I've ever done or seen.

If this group was to engage in the creation of an unofficial patch for System Shock 2, what do you think would be a worthwhile change for the game?

I can think of a number of pretty simple changes that would drastically increase the quality of the game, such as fixing the weapons tree imbalances and the issue with being a psionicist at the start. I mean, you could change some damage types from energy to explosive and instantly fix problems with the laser rapier and the fusion cannon.

I suppose there's also the total dream options, like improving the graphics. I'd wonder if one could replace the crude animated surfaces with video surfaces, or something.

What would you do with it?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 07:52:53 AM

Well, you could start by making a new game called SS3 :)

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 08:32:03 AM

System Shock 2 was probably the game I had the most fun playing ever.

I also played it in a remote mountain home at night alone, so it was scarier than anything I've ever done or seen.

I've got to play this SS2 game, schild gave me a copy, but I haven't fired it up yet.  Although maybe I shouldn't, I can't even handle Doom 3, and the funny thing is as a Jew I shouldn't be effected by all this christian "from hell" shit.

If you want to play a scary game you should play that game schild showed me a trailer of (no I don't know what it's called, you are a guy sent in to find some other guys who disappeared in a building, in the beginning your helicopter gets shot at so everyone else books it), the one with the SCARY AS SHIT little girl and the invisible ninjaish guys, that thing looks too scary to actually play.

Nothing is more horrifying on this earth than scary little girls though, so I could be jaded.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 08:38:20 AM

Well, you could start by making a new game called SS3 :)

With the right kind of performance in a few years, I could imagine the SS franchise continuing with Doom 3-ish graphics.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 08:49:44 AM

If we're talking gaming horror, then I don't think I will ever be the same after experiencing those fucking dogs jumping out of the window in Resident Evil 1.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 10:47:08 AM

The game I showed Ookii was F.E.A.R., which I'm totally stoked about.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 01:28:46 PM

I suppose there's also the total dream options, like improving the graphics. I'd wonder if one could replace the crude animated surfaces with video surfaces, or something.

Welcome to the 21st century.
http://texturemod.wz.cz/

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: Total dreaming about SS2  
Jump to: