Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Blade TV series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade TV series  (Read 8916 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: July 22, 2005, 05:53:17 PM

Looks like Goyer is putting a Blade TV series together for Spike TV, with Geoff Johns co-writing the pilot with him.  13 episodes have been ordered so far and the pilot should air next June.  Apparently the series isn't going to be connected to the movies, so maybe they're planning to do something closer to the original character rather than all that daywalker stuff.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 04:28:17 AM

First they say they're based on the movies, then they say they'll be different.

Either way, regarding the quality of this production:
I doubt.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 03:53:54 PM

After the stinkpile that was Blade 3 it's hard to get excited about it. The first 2 were decently written and directed, the third was awful in both regards. (And casting as well) How often is it that you see creative guys multitask too much and end up producing crud? (Goyer wrote and directed the third Blade - neither well)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 04:01:19 PM

After the stinkpile that was Blade 3 it's hard to get excited about it. The first 2 were decently written and directed, the third was awful in both regards. (And casting as well) How often is it that you see creative guys multitask too much and end up producing crud? (Goyer wrote and directed the third Blade - neither well)

Goyer also wrote the screenplay for Batman Begins though, so this could end up good or bad, depending largely on who else they get to write episodes.  One bad Blade movie out of 3 isn't too bad anyway.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:03:14 AM

Oh but man, this was BAD bad.  This was the kind of bad that makes you swear off the whole trilogy.  Matrix: Revolutions was fantastic compared to this.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:19:08 PM

I like Blade 3 because of Ryan Reynolds. He had some funny lines. But as a Blade movie, yeah, could have been a lot better. I really got the feeling Snipes just didn't want to do the whole "next generation" thing. I hated that Dominic Purcell got wasted on a role that did nothing.

But I have no idea why they'd want to make a Blade TV series.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:22:07 PM

I like Blade 3 because of Ryan Reynolds. He had some funny lines. But as a Blade movie, yeah, could have been a lot better. I really got the feeling Snipes just didn't want to do the whole "next generation" thing. I hated that Dominic Purcell got wasted on a role that did nothing.

But I have no idea why they'd want to make a Blade TV series.

I agree, Van Wilder pretty much made Blade3 just a tad enjoyable. Other than him, the movie blew chunks.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 02:56:15 PM

Well from what I understand, Blade 3 was pretty much supposed to be a setup for a Nightstalkers series of movies since nobody wanted to work with Snipes anymore.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 03:28:54 PM

Well from what I understand, Blade 3 was pretty much supposed to be a setup for a Nightstalkers series of movies since nobody wanted to work with Snipes anymore.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Do not make Nightstalkers movies, you fucks.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 03:29:49 PM

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

They aren't. Ryan Reynolds passed.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 06:10:47 PM

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

They aren't. Ryan Reynolds passed.

I think he realized that with Blade 3 pretty much tanking in the theater (made $52 million domestic, cost $65 million), chances of a Nightstalkers movies was pretty slim.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 06:12:02 PM

Catwoman was made.

As was Elektra.

Don't forget all those Uwe Boll movies.

They'll get made, but they'll replace Ryan Reynolds with Ice Cube.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:37:12 PM

Okay....  I didn't realize I was in the huge minority.

I didn't mind Blade 3.  I hated Blade 2.

Blade 2 had awful looking cgi vampire ninjas.  It had characters that were badasses one minute,  then complete chumps 3 scenes later.  The terrible Whistler ressurection.  That whole relationship thing with Blade and the vampire chick made little sense.  And how about the fucking magic UV bomb thing that goes around corners in a sewer.  Where all the bad vamps are, cept for the boss of course.  He's needed in Act III. 

Hell, the plot made not much sense.  Besides the fact they stole the whole end of the movie from Blade 1. 

And the action wasn't great.  If I want to watch a decent action flick with a shitty plot,  I'll watch an 80s Arnold movie or the Transporter or something.

Blade 3 wasn't bad compared to that.  Ryan Reynolds was entertaining.  The world had some interesting ideas,  even if they weren't connected too well. In Blade 3,  you get the impression that vamps are about 3 seconds from taking over everything from behind the scenes.  The hobo blood bank,  the fact that the police/authorities are completely corrupted.  It's too bad the execution wasn't better.

Besides,  they offed that old hillbilly early on.  Again.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 02:20:43 PM

Unrelated to Blade, but related to comics-on-TV, looks like James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) is gonna play Brainiac on Smallville.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 11:43:58 AM

Funny - I watched Blade 3 last night. Ryan Reynolds was doing a very good Jason Lee immitation.

Jessica Biel or Beil or whatever. I have to give credit to her working out for the role. But her face....

Other then that, man what a horrid movie.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 06:23:01 PM

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 06:24:24 PM

This series will rival Aquaman for suckage.
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 07:56:49 PM

It will beat Aquaman. The latter will at least have tons and tons of hot teenage girls while Blade might have one or two of your favorite suicide girls.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: January 13, 2006, 08:53:51 AM

You'd think they could at least have afforded to hire a decent still photog for the promo shots. Those pics are poorly lit, and make all the cheapness of TV props look even cheaper. I won't say it'll suck, because Johns and Goyer did the script, but really, what hasn't been said with the 3 Blade movies that a TV show needs to say?

Without Ryan Reynolds, Blade 3 would have sucked even more than it did, and without Snipes 1 and 2 would have been mediocre at best.

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: January 13, 2006, 09:10:37 AM

With Snipes they were super mediocre. He's such a skeezy action star.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 07:16:37 PM

You'd think they could at least have afforded to hire a decent still photog for the promo shots. Those pics are poorly lit, and make all the cheapness of TV props look even cheaper.

If they had anywhere near a decent budget they wouldn't have had to hire an ex-rapper nicknamed Sticky to play Blade.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Blade TV series  
Jump to: